Opinion of Fatah
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:24:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Fatah
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Opinion of Fatah  (Read 3071 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »

?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 01:09:46 PM »

Horrifically corrupt, and their recent turn to openly endorsing murder puts them firmly in HP territory.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 03:39:49 PM »

Murderers of my people and colonizers of my land. Huge HPs.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 03:59:14 PM »

Better than Hamas, not as good as the Palestinian National Initiative.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 05:14:52 PM »

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 05:26:18 PM »

Are you saying that about all Palestinians, or just Fatah (and I presume Hamas as well)?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 06:59:53 PM »

Are you saying that about all Palestinians, or just Fatah (and I presume Hamas as well)?
this thread is about fatah, so my answer was about fatah too, but it's definitely also true for hamas. not for all palestinians of course.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 11:44:43 PM »

this thread is about fatah, so my answer was about fatah too, but it's definitely also true for hamas. not for all palestinians of course.

Fair enough. Just wanted a clarification, since with Atlas you never know how extreme some peoples opinions are.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 11:46:39 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2016, 11:49:52 PM by Green Line »

Your land? It's not your land and it's not Fatahs. By calling it your land you're making the same divisive argument that lots of Muslims make. Your land is in Europe! This is the reason people have been killing each other over there for thousands of years.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 11:51:08 PM »

How is it your land, and not the palestinians?
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix
E: -9.25, S: -8.15

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 02:57:17 AM »

HFF (moderate hero opinion)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 08:02:34 AM »

Your land? It's not your land and it's not Fatahs. By calling it your land you're making the same divisive argument that lots of Muslims make. Your land is in Europe! This is the reason people have been killing each other over there for thousands of years.

Priceless, Americans telling me what's my land and what's not. Love the goysplaining. But of course it has always been my land and I don't care if you find that to be "divisive" or if it offends your precious feelings -- or Muslims', for that matter. But maybe you could go back to Europe?

I did not say it is not their land. It does not have to be a zero-sum game and the fact that it is generally presented as such causes many of the problems we have. However, it is certainly the Jewish land. We are indigenous to it, and the fact that it was stolen from us does not mean it is not ours anymore.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:05 PM »

HP (normal, not on their payroll)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 10:49:58 PM »

Lol, ok.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 10:50:24 PM »

Also, clearly HP.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 11:57:56 PM »

FF-ish. Not nearly as good as PFLP.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 12:25:35 AM »

Priceless, Americans telling me what's my land and what's not. Love the goysplaining. But of course it has always been my land and I don't care if you find that to be "divisive" or if it offends your precious feelings -- or Muslims', for that matter. But maybe you could go back to Europe?

I did not say it is not their land. It does not have to be a zero-sum game and the fact that it is generally presented as such causes many of the problems we have. However, it is certainly the Jewish land. We are indigenous to it, and the fact that it was stolen from us does not mean it is not ours anymore.

Were you born in Israel or did you grow up there?

I appreciate your non zero-sum perspective (no sarcasm).
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 12:30:15 AM »

If you weren't born in Israel and don't live there now, it's not your land. It's pretty simple.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 12:49:46 AM »

As someone who doesn't agree with DavidB's position on right of return (being a Muslim obviously),  I nonetheless have to agree with some blue avatars here. Fatah is probably no better, perhaps even worse, than Hamas, since they are horrifically corrupt. Definite HP.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 01:04:33 AM »

As someone who doesn't agree with DavidB's position on right of return (being a Muslim obviously),  I nonetheless have to agree with some blue avatars here. Fatah is probably no better, perhaps even worse, than Hamas, since they are horrifically corrupt. Definite HP.
Last time I checked, DavidB backed some sort of Right of Return.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 01:40:09 AM »

Considering that the Jewish people as a people has historically been constituted partially on the basis of shared memory of and hope of return to the land of Israel, and that Jews have (partially for this reason) been treated as suspicious alien outsiders and violently killed en masse at various points in the history of essentially every European country, exasperatedly insisting to a Dutch Jew (I mean, seriously!) that 'his land is in Europe' is in exceptionally bad taste.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 01:49:16 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 02:07:15 AM by TimTurner »

That's natural yes. Traditional belief among Jews, especially the more conservative ones (I think). What's funny is that both Zionists and the especially pro-Palestinian people believe in a Right to return.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 02:09:14 AM »

That's natural yes. Traditional belief among Jews, especially the more conservative ones (I think). What's funny is that both Zionists and the especially pro-Palestinian people believe in a Right to return.
I meant that he believes in one for Palestinians also.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 02:13:08 AM »

As someone who doesn't agree with DavidB's position on right of return (being a Muslim obviously),  I nonetheless have to agree with some blue avatars here. Fatah is probably no better, perhaps even worse, than Hamas, since they are horrifically corrupt. Definite HP.
I meant that he believes in one for Palestinians also.
If he did, I would be surprised.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 03:09:08 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 03:24:45 AM by TimTurner »

Considering that the Jewish people as a people has historically been constituted partially on the basis of shared memory of and hope of return to the land of Israel, and that Jews have (partially for this reason) been treated as suspicious alien outsiders and violently killed en masse at various points in the history of essentially every European country, exasperatedly insisting to a Dutch Jew (I mean, seriously!) that 'his land is in Europe' is in exceptionally bad taste.
DavidB can call the Holy Land his home all he wants. I mean, I know how I feel a sort of connection with Makkah.
One can quibble with Chosen People idea and the stuff Israel does, but the right to independent thought, freedom of religion, and common sense dictate that you do not force Jews to give up closely held personal beliefs like that. In a sense, the Holy Land is a home for all three Abrahamiac religions. This of course includes Jews.
Green line certainly has the right to think the way he does too though, so there's that.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies