May 22, Finally TRUMP is ahead vs Hillary by RCP Average(first time)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:42:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  May 22, Finally TRUMP is ahead vs Hillary by RCP Average(first time)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: May 22, Finally TRUMP is ahead vs Hillary by RCP Average(first time)  (Read 2230 times)
StatesPoll
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »

It is a first time. He was always behind vs Hillary by RCP Average

Closest Moment was before (RCP Average: TRUMP vs Hillary National Poll)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Sept,14th,2015 Hillary 45.2 | TRUMP 44.0   Spread: Hillary +1.2%

December,5th,2015 Hillary 45.5 | TRUMP 44.3  Spread: Hillary +1.2%

January,15th, 2016 Hillary 44,3 | TRUMP 42.5 Spread: Hillary +1.8%

And Now, 5/22/2016 TRUMP 43.4 | Hillary 43.2 Spread: TRUMP +0.2%

Well +0.2% is statistically tied. But it is still meaningful,

TRUMP is 1st time ahead vs Hillary by RCP(Real Clear Politics) Average.

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »

He's only up because of the phony Rasmussen poll.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 09:56:14 AM »

And it won't be the last time either. Well it might actually depending on how the primary ends.
StatesPoll
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:06:44 AM »

And it won't be the last time either. Well it might actually depending on how the primary ends.

I searched of Romney vs Obama (RCP average,2012)

Romney was ahead 3 times in
October,9th,2012 (Romney 48.0 Obama 47.3)
October,19th,2012 (Romney 47.1 Obama 47.0)
November,1st,2012 (Romney 47.4 Obama 47.3)

Tied 4times
September,3rd Romney 46.3 Obama 46.3
September,5th Romney 46.8 Obama 46.8
September,5th Romney 46.7 Obama 46.7
October,31th Romney 47.4 Obama 47.4

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html#polls
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 10:10:26 AM »

He's only up because of the phony Rasmussen poll.
The "phony" Rasmussen poll is in line with the state of recent polling. Especially since Rasmussen is using a LV screen, while the rest are currently on a RV model. RV polls traditionally favor the Democrat.

The state of the race is what it is at this point in time. Obviously, the Republicans have had more time to heal than the Democrats.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 10:24:02 AM »

We need to jackhammer away with males. She's doing so horribly and male voters are the least likely to sway back and forth. If we can get too many whites to vote against her, all she will have is the McGovern rainbow coalition.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 10:25:07 AM »

Let the unskewing begin.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 10:57:48 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2016, 04:28:50 PM by Meclazine »

I found it interesting that Clinton's rating has literally 'fallen off a cliff'.

If this is correct, we can simply revisit this page in 3 weeks time and we should see Trump 5 points clear.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 11:27:46 AM »

We need to jackhammer away with males. She's doing so horribly and male voters are the least likely to sway back and forth. If we can get too many whites to vote against her, all she will have is the McGovern rainbow coalition.

LOL.
We have so many Republicans and trump followers here on Atlas, saying that they hate when the "other side" keeps claiming that the trump campaign is nothing but "white male" voters.
Yet, you have a Pub here, advocating this EXACT campaign strategy. And to just forget about everyone else, including people of color ('the McGovern rainbow coalition").
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »

I think it's about right. That scares me a lot, but I'm not going to dismiss it because I don't like the result.

Clinton is stumbling right now.

She needs to demonstrate her skill as a politician with Sanders and his supporters, and cut a deal that strengthens her ticket for the fall and brings them enthusiastically on board so the Dems can focus on TrumpMiller. And speaking of the immature psychopathic fascist dog-whistler, she needs to stop making her main line of attack that his politics are wrong, and swap over to educating the whole nation on just what a terrible human being he is, and what an awful president he'd make. Attacking him on gun rights and similar political staples is just going to help him.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 12:25:55 PM »

I think it's about right. That scares me a lot, but I'm not going to dismiss it because I don't like the result.

She needs to demonstrate her skill as a politician with Sanders and his supporters, and cut a deal that strengthens her ticket for the fall and brings them enthusiastically on board so the Dems can focus on TrumpMiller. And speaking of the immature psychopathic fascist dog-whistler, she needs to stop making her main line of attack that his politics are wrong, and swap over to educating the whole nation on just what a terrible human being he is, and what an awful president he'd make. Attacking him on gun rights and similar political staples is just going to help him.

But has she been stumbling though? Nothing has happened in the last month to say she has stumbled. She has said or done nothing controversial on the campaign trail. What we have had is 24/7 coverage of Trump and him securing the nomination. These polls are less about Clinton stumbling and more about Trump coalescing.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 12:30:23 PM »

But has she been stumbling though? Nothing has happened in the last month to say she has stumbled. She has said or done nothing controversial on the campaign trail. What we have had is 24/7 coverage of Trump and him securing the nomination. These polls are less about Clinton stumbling and more about Trump coalescing.

Clinton has barely stumbled at all this entire cycle.  Especially compared to Trump and Sanders who have made tons of mistakes.  Hillary's only real mistakes are "we're going to put lots of coal workers out of a job", "what, with a cloth?", and "I'll do it when all the Republicans do it" as her answer for the Goldman Sachs speeches.  She also probably could have handled the minimum wage thing better to make it look less like a lie.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 12:43:10 PM »

Poor Hillary voters.

Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 12:48:25 PM »

With so many undecideds in all of these polls, they're basically useless.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 12:59:26 PM »

LOL.
We have so many Republicans and trump followers here on Atlas, saying that they hate when the "other side" keeps claiming that the trump campaign is nothing but "white male" voters.
Yet, you have a Pub here, advocating this EXACT campaign strategy. And to just forget about everyone else, including people of color ('the McGovern rainbow coalition").

I'm not proud of the divisions of our country, but this is a campaign, dammit. If I were in charge of Trump's campaign, I'd carpet-bomb the airwaves with Hillary barking, Hillary's coal comment, Hillary's liberal positions. The most unflattering images. Lee Atwater style. WEAK. WEAK. WEAK. In politics, it's about repetition. Trump strong, Hillary weak. Hillary hurts, Trump wins. Over and over and over.

It may not work with all voters, but this certainly has the feel of a change election. Hillary isn't change, Trump is, and that should terrify Hillary supporters.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 01:12:06 PM »

If the NBJ/WSJ poll is added today, it should make it appear as if this never happened.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 01:40:35 PM »

LOL.

I'm not proud of the divisions of our country, but this is a campaign, dammit. If I were in charge of Trump's campaign, I'd carpet-bomb the airwaves with Hillary barking, Hillary's coal comment, Hillary's liberal positions. The most unflattering images. Lee Atwater style. WEAK. WEAK. WEAK. In politics, it's about repetition. Trump strong, Hillary weak. Hillary hurts, Trump wins. Over and over and over.

It may not work with all voters, but this certainly has the feel of a change election. Hillary isn't change, Trump is, and that should terrify Hillary supporters.

You are not "proud of the divisions of our country," but yet you are OK with advocating for it.
Great ! Glad to hear that you are part of that white-only-male group, that is making our country worse, not better.

And talk about carpet-bombing the airwaves. Hillary and the Dems have so much ammunition for "the airwaves" that its like comparing a bomber that has a 1000-pound bomb, with one which as a nuclear-bomb.
Like reminding the public that trump believes your daughters are sluts, that my sisters are just a piece-of-ass, that our mothers are pigs, and that Ljube's girlfriend is a ...... well, you get the picture. And wait until President Obama and all the free advertising he gets, lays into trump. It will be "shock-and-awe" on Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer.

Surprising to also read that you say "Hillary's liberal positions." As if trump's past positions, and his true ideology is soooo conservative (Unless trump has you fooled, with the rest of the uneducated trump followers).
StatesPoll
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 01:43:52 PM »

If the NBJ/WSJ poll is added today, it should make it appear as if this never happened.

I'm sorry but it included NBC/WSJ Poll.
you can see
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl   5/15 - 5/19   1000 RV   3.1   43        46        Clinton +3

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Poll                             Date        Sample   MoE   
                                                                       Trump (R)  Clinton (D)   Spread
RCP Average           5/13 - 5/19                           43.4          43.2        Trump +0.2
ABC News/Wash Post   5/16 - 5/19   829 RV   3.5   46          44        Trump +2
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl   5/15 - 5/19   1000 RV   3.1   43          46        Clinton +3
Rasmussen Reports   5/17 - 5/18   1000 LV   3.0   42          37        Trump +5
FOX News                   5/14 - 5/17   1021 RV   3.0   45          42        Trump +3
CBS News/NY Times   5/13 - 5/17   1109 RV   3.0   41          47        Clinton +6

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »

LOL.

I will be among the first to admit that I am indeed terrified at the prospect of a vile and idiotic psychopath who regularly dog-whistles the Horst-Wessel-Lied being elected President of the United States. (I have a great deal of empathy for people who don't want to vote for Hillary Clinton, but anyone actively supporting her near-certain Republican opponent is spitting on everything good and decent in Western Civilization.)
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »

Maybe stumbling isn't quite the right word. Clinton is not quite where she needs to be, where she ought to easily be, given the circumstances. Instead seems to be stuck, unable to put away Bernie, and making poor choices in attacking Trump. (She really needs to define him as an evil idiot ASAP, although maybe she's waiting until post-convention when it will be too late for the Republicans to get a different nominee.)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 02:24:31 PM »

Runeghost, I'm pretty sure the Clinton campaign would very much love it if the GOP somehow nominated someone other than Trump at the convention.  The party would be torn apart at the seams, and victory for her would be all but guaranteed.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 02:56:18 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2016, 02:59:13 PM by tēyōllohcuāni »

LOL.

change isn't the same thing as change. not very many people tell themselves, "i'm not really happy with my job right now; i think i'll go work at an unlicensed sewage treatment plant instead."
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 03:08:04 PM »

I think a lot of people really underestimated just how bad a candidate Hillary Clinton really was.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 03:37:48 PM »

The denial is delicious
Fusionmunster

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 03:41:54 PM »

I think a lot of people really underestimated just how bad a candidate Hillary Clinton really was.

Or a lot of us realise its only May.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies