Hillary floats new campaign slogan, "Stronger Together," on Meet the Press
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:46:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary floats new campaign slogan, "Stronger Together," on Meet the Press
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary floats new campaign slogan, "Stronger Together," on Meet the Press  (Read 1232 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 06:42:16 PM »

Well, that might convince 1 Bernie supporter.

Hint: people aren't supporting Bernie because of useless focus group tested slogans.

No one cares about Bernie Sanders anymore. This is a discussion about the general election, in which Bernie will not be a candidate. But thanks for playing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 06:49:33 PM »

Hint: people aren't supporting Bernie because of useless focus group tested slogans.

No one cares about Bernie Sanders anymore. This is a discussion about the general election, in which Bernie will not be a candidate. But thanks for playing.

Bernie is still having many rallies of thousands and thousands of people. His Sacramento one on the 10th had 20,000. He managed to get 7,000 at a morning rally in Stockton, hardly the best place and time for a large rally.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 06:54:44 PM »

Bernie is still having many rallies of thousands and thousands of people. His Sacramento one on the 10th had 20,000. He managed to get 7,000 at a morning rally in Stockton, hardly the best place and time for a large rally.

Thanks jfern for the useless information of the day.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 08:06:25 PM »

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »

We know why people are supporting Bernie. But we also know that most of them will vote for Hillary in the end, when all is said and done, if Bernie comes around to endorsing her, because the alternative is unacceptable. Next time around the people can try and get Bernie in there when he's 80, if they still want him.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2016, 08:28:19 PM »

I think what some people don't get about Hillary is that she is not a media star and she admits it. Politics does not come naturally to her like it does to Bill, or Obama. So she isn't geared toward entertaining the crowds, she is geared to put her nose to the grindstone and get things done. She's a serious intelligent person. Waiting for entertainment or charisma or some show from her is pretty much a waste of time.

"Stronger together" is exactly the opposite of what Thump is throwing out there on a daily basis and it makes sense to counter his trash with this concept. That's what's really important, IMO.
dax00

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2016, 08:30:18 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2016, 08:34:59 PM by dax00, the extremely technical and judicious »

Good slogan. And agreed that all slogans are vapid. If Hillary wants to win, running a PC outrage campaign isn't going to help. It'd serve her better to attack Trump on his lack of policy specifics.

Going both ways, the attack that makes the most (conventional political) sense is the worst to use. Trump has caught onto that. Hillary hasn't.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2016, 09:09:20 PM »

Roll Eyes
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 10:57:14 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 10:58:48 PM »

Ugh, disgusting that the media forced her into creating a vapid slogan. As if you need a slogan in order for your campaign to have a rationale. Politics in this country is so bad.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2016, 08:26:19 AM »

FEEL THE BERN
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2016, 09:46:04 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks 'Stronger Together' is kind of vapid?
All campaign slogans are vapid.
Fair point. Considering the suspicions that Hillary is an empty suit, I would advise against plastering campaign materials with further evidence.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2016, 09:47:49 AM »

So she ripped off the slogan of the No side in the Scottish referendum.

That was my first thought.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2016, 09:57:46 AM »

Terrible slogan. The country is not stronger together with crooked Hillary!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2016, 12:27:52 PM »

"Stronger together" is exactly the opposite of what Thump is throwing out there on a daily basis and it makes sense to counter his trash with this concept.

Exactly. Very good point.
dax00

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2016, 12:50:43 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2016, 01:09:28 PM by dax00, the extremely technical and judicious »

Trying to "counter" Trump's character's message is a losing strategy. There's a reason he doesn't talk about what he doesn't talk about (i.e. policy specifics). She'd do well to play a zwischenzug, perhaps dig up dirt on Ivanka. That'd make Trump go ballistic and increase the chance of him actually making a vital error, which has up to this point seemed near impossible.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »

I have kind of changed my mind a bit on the slogan.

I did a ton of phonebanking today in California, and I know Naso-style anecdotes are not always useful, but most of the demographic profiles of the folks I was calling were elderly ladies. Long story short, a very sizable chunk "hated her" or were voting Trump. It's worrying, and if this is her base, I'm not sure that "inclusion of difference" is something that will win them over.

It was a bit scary to be sure, because I was under the impression that the voters in the phonebank were supposed to basically be sure things. I've never called this far out from a primary though, so it's possible the point of phonebanking at this time is to assess who should stay on the rolls for later. But yeah.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2016, 02:41:19 PM »

"Stronger together" to me is a weak "beta male" slogan that is not declarative enough. It speaks of collectivism and not individualism. As a Republican, it would be a signal to me to not support that candidate.

Knowing the Clintons, however, it's properly focused grouped to hit the relevant market, of which I'd never be a part of.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2016, 02:44:52 PM »

"Stronger together" to me is a weak "beta male" slogan that is not declarative enough. It speaks of collectivism and not individualism. As a Republican, it would be a signal to me to not support that candidate.

Knowing the Clintons, however, it's properly focused grouped to hit the relevant market, of which I'd never be a part of.
Individualism is no longer sustainable. Collectivism is how things work in these modern times.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies