Is Kaine fatigue real? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:48:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Kaine fatigue real? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What's up with all the hate for Kaine?
People actually dislike Kaine as a person/politician

He's fine but everyone has their own special favorite

Picking the favorite is no fun

Kaine fatigue is real, we're tired of hearing about him

He's fine, he's just not interesting to talk about

What Kaine fatigue?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 106

Author Topic: Is Kaine fatigue real?  (Read 2947 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« on: May 22, 2016, 07:10:00 PM »

Tim Kaine is the favorite to take the VP spot.  He's a successful governor and senator and an admittedly just OK DNC chair.  He's smart, charming and likable.  He was a civil rights lawyer for 17 years before starting his political career, and in his early years he did lots of work as a jesuit missionary in Honduras.  He's pro-coal, serves on various foreign policy and military committees, and was the first Senator to deliver a speech entirely in Spanish.  He already passed VP vetting for Obama in 2008.  He brings Virginia.  It's rather obvious that he's the best pick for the VP slot and would undoubtedly make an excellent vice president.

Yet it seems like nobody wants to actually put their money on the guy or argue for him.  PredictWise only just now gave him the edge over Julián Castro.  PredictIt has him only 6% ahead of Bernie Sanders.  I never see anyone say "hell yeah, Tim Kaine is the best pick."  What's up with that?  Are there really Tim Kaine haters out there?  Do people just see him as a backup plan for their pet VP pick?  Is he just no fun to root for because he's obviously the front runner?  Are we sick of hearing that Tim Kaine is gonna get it?  Do people just find Elizabeth Warren, Al Franken and Tom Perez more fun to talk about?  Or am I just going mad and actually everyone is cool with Kaine?
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 07:18:54 PM »

Whaddaya mean he's not exciting?
Here he is, undercover as Ed Markey, scaring children during the Iran nuclear deal hearings.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:21:49 AM »

Man, it was bad when I made this thread but it's gotten so much worse.  Poor Tim Kaine, he's really a good guy, I hope Clinton doesn't get spooked out of picking him by this little temper tantrum everyone's having.  The banking deregulation hit piece is such an obvious misrepresentation of his position but nobody actually listens to what he has to say, and the "corruption and gifts" charge is such a pathetic little smear.

I really hope I wake up tomorrow and read that Tim Kaine will be the next vice president of the united states.  He's an excellent fellow who's spent his whole life doing good and doing it well.  He doesn't deserve this hate his own party is sending his way.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 04:25:21 PM »

We don't need moderates on the ticket

On what planet do you spend most of your time?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies