Vice Presidential Debate from Austin, Texas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:12:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vice Presidential Debate from Austin, Texas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vice Presidential Debate from Austin, Texas  (Read 1251 times)
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« on: June 12, 2005, 09:42:44 PM »

First off, I'd like to thank the University of Texas for holding and Lois Lane for moderating this Vice Presidential debate.

I've always felt that the Vice President should be an active member of Atlasia's Executive Branch and should work in concert with the President in forming the Executive's foreign and domestic policy. I don't subscribe to the belief that the Vice President is a "do-nothing" position and if elected, I'll work closely with Keystone Phil on matters that are important to all Atlasians.

On top of what I outlined earlier, as Vice President I will work closely with the Senate and act as a bridge between the President and the Senate. I hope to develop an excellent working relationship with each of Atlasia's ten Senators and I will relay their concerns and plans to the President while also keeping the Senate abreast of the Executive's aims and goals. 
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 08:43:19 PM »

As you all know, we face a budget deficit in Atlasia that must, under our Constitution, be cut.  How should we go about doing this?

I don't know if there is anything I would say that hasn't been said already, but to reduce the deficit Atlasia first needs to get rid of the wasteful and unnecessary spending that plagues our government, such as pork-barrel projects carried over from the U.S. system. As far as specific areas that would see a reduction in spending, I would like to echo the sentiments of some of my opponents who have called for spending cuts in farm subsidies and Medicare. I would also take a close look at areas such as corporate welfare and Social Security as targets for spending cuts. Right now, I don't see tax increases as a viable option.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 06:05:07 PM »

First off, I'd like to again thank my opponents for participating in the debate, and for UT-Austin and Lois Lane for their efforts in making this debate possible.

In just a few short hours, Atlasians will go to the polls to select our nation's chief Executive officer. It is a responsibility not to be taken lightly and I urge every citizen to reflect deeply on the merits of each candidate before making their decision. That said, it is my belief that the Keystone Phil-MHS2002 ticket is the best for an ever-changing.

We need a candidate that understands that the government that governs best, governs least. We need a candidate that is not afraid to tackle the tough problems, at home and abroad. We need a President that is active and will work tirelessly to improve the lives of all Atlasians. It is my firm belief that Keystone Phil is all of these things and more. I strongly encourage all voters to preference the ticket of Keystone Phil-MHS2002.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies