Vice Presidential Debate from Austin, Texas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:06:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vice Presidential Debate from Austin, Texas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vice Presidential Debate from Austin, Texas  (Read 1241 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 13, 2005, 11:27:24 PM »

The  job title is so obvious I'm surprised that one has to ask.

A main job of a Vice President is obviouslyto be  in charge of Vice.  To support this I will undertake a junket to examine first hand world vice so as to ensure that Atlasia remains among the best in the world in this vital industry.  While my itinerary is at present only tentative, I expect I will visit the Netherlands, Russia,  Nigeria, Southeast Asia and Colombia within my first month in office.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 02:38:04 AM »

As you all know, we face a budget deficit in Atlasia that must, under our Constitution, be cut.  How should we go about doing this?

To begin with, we should properly incentivise our Senators by providing performance bonuses in their pay so that if we run a $100 billion deficit their pay is cut by 20% and if we run a $100 billion surplus they would receive a 20% bonus.  This should offset the current system of kickbacks, bribes, and campaign contributions that serve to encourge our Senators to spend more and tax less.

However, if these measures should not serve to solve our fiscal problems, we need only print several more trillion dollar bills and the problem will be solved!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 06:16:39 PM »

Soon, you will go the polls because you find being here entertaining.  My running mate, JFK, and I have tried to make this an entertaining race.  Unlike the real world where it is just a flippant phrase, love it or leave it, is a real condition here in Atlasia.  I hope that those of you who love it will vote to keep Atlasia entertaining by selecting me as your next Vice President and thus keep others from leaving it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 11:08:48 PM »

Don't tell me that this debate is adjourned.  I paid for this microphone!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies