Terry Mcauliffe Under FBI/DoJ Investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:58:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Terry Mcauliffe Under FBI/DoJ Investigation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Terry Mcauliffe Under FBI/DoJ Investigation  (Read 2466 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2016, 03:47:40 PM »

Looks like VA is becoming the new Illinois.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politics/terry-mcauliffe-fbi-doj-federal-investigation-campaign-contributions/
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 03:48:11 PM »

So much for his VP candidacy.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 03:49:51 PM »

Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:01:23 PM »

If this becomes anything, McAuliffe needs to resign ASAP.  Northam can legally run in 2017 because he wasn't elected to the partial term.
So, in Virginia, if the Lt. Gov becomes Governor due to a mid-term vacancy, he/she can still legally run for a full term in the following regular election, right? The one-term limit only applies to governors elected to a full term in a regular election, correct? Also, has a Virginia governor ever stepped down in the middle of his term?
Lothal1
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 04:03:32 PM »

Took long enough.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 04:06:33 PM »

The good news is that his ego is too large for him to ever resign, this only weakens Northam in 2017 like Mcdonnell hurt Cuccinelli
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 04:22:18 PM »

I don't see why not - two peas in a pod!
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 04:25:54 PM »

And the Hildawg loves to double down on her weaknesses so why not!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 04:30:38 PM »

Good riddance. I hope Tom Perriello, Gerry Connolly, Glenn Nye, or someone similarly moderate primaries Northam.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 04:57:31 PM »

Just waiting less than two years until he's gone.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »

Wow!  Two in a row!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 05:58:50 PM »

Good riddance. I hope Tom Perriello, Gerry Connolly, Glenn Nye, or someone similarly moderate primaries Northam.

You have to be a troll.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 06:37:25 PM »

True. Prof. Sabato probably takes him off the VP list. You don't want to have two people on a ticket under investigation. Too corrupt.

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/the-veepstakes-part-one-clintons-choices/
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 06:44:55 PM »

This probably adds a Republican governor in 2017 in VA.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 06:49:52 PM »

You have to be a troll.

Are you referring to the "random names" I sometimes do? Yeah, that's called Atlas #notsatireanalysis.

Connolly and Nye are both pretty moderate and weren't handpicked by McAuliffe.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 06:50:49 PM »

Since the Atlas Forum Court has already handed down the conviction, can it also inform us what the sentence will be?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 06:54:41 PM »

I know how unpopular he was in 2003 and 2004 with the grassroots far left when he was the DNC chair. Some felt that he didn't do enough for Kerry/Edwards so that Hillary Clinton could win in 2008, but that did not work.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 07:18:34 PM »

Not surprised at all by this.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 09:40:41 PM »

Well, prospects have just brightened for Republicans looking to regain the governor's mansion it seems. 
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »

So, in Virginia, if the Lt. Gov becomes Governor due to a mid-term vacancy, he/she can still legally run for a full term in the following regular election, right? The one-term limit only applies to governors elected to a full term in a regular election, correct? Also, has a Virginia governor ever stepped down in the middle of his term?

Most likely interpretation.

Va. Con. Art. V Sec. 1: " ... He shall be ineligible to the same office for the term next succeeding that for which he was elected ..."

Va. Con. Art. V. Sec. 16: "In the case of the removal of the Governor from office or in the case of his disqualification, death, or resignation, the Lieutenant Governor shall become Governor."

Also, I don't believe Virginia has had a Governor resign or die in office or otherwise end their term prematurely since the north dissolved our government at the end of the Civil War.

This. I was disappointed when nothing came of him and Hillary's brother selling visas.

Lol.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 05:40:36 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 12:26:33 PM by Türkisblau »

You have to be a troll.

Are you referring to the "random names" I sometimes do? Yeah, that's called Atlas #notsatireanalysis.

No, I'm saying that you must be a troll due to how much you seemingly know and how much you get horribly, horribly wrong.

First, the Lt. Gov. is not "handpicked" by the gubernatorial nominee. Northam won Lt. Gov. by winning a contested primary against Chopra then beating E.W. Jackson. Chopra, by the way, was supported by "insider" types such as McAuliffe and he was included in his transition team. So very much the opposite.

Secondly, all of the Democrats you listed are less "moderate" (if we're going to use that idiotic descriptor) than Northam. Please read this article about his almost-party switch.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've been reading all of the crap you spew, and it's clear that you either have a wealth of knowledge but just can't put the pieces together, or just great at trolling. The latter, to me, is likelier.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »

VA GOP should be smiling right now. Now it's time to narrow down that primary and then they should be set to take over.

That and the lawsuit they filed on Monday challenging McAuliffe's blanket process for restoring felon voting rights. If they can get a preliminary injunction and bog the case down until after 2016 or 2017, they'll be thrilled since they just lost the redistricting case at the Supreme Court.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »

VA GOP should be smiling right now. Now it's time to narrow down that primary and then they should be set to take over.

That and the lawsuit they filed on Monday challenging McAuliffe's blanket process for restoring felon voting rights. If they can get a preliminary injunction and bog the case down until after 2016 or 2017, they'll be thrilled since they just lost the redistricting case at the Supreme Court.

That case is open and shut. Virginia's constitution clearly gives McAuliffe those powers.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 03:09:09 AM »

That case is open and shut. Virginia's constitution clearly gives McAuliffe those powers.

And our constitution also says that by default no felon may vote unless the Governor makes an individualized determination and restores that particular felon's voting rights. The process is what is being challenged. No one questions his ability to restore rights for individuals or to even restore the rights of everyone through an independent, individual action for each felon. The challenge is to him just saying in a single act that from this day forward every felon in the present and every felon in the future forever will not face voting restrictions, even though the same constitution he's claiming his power under says otherwise.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 08:23:36 PM »

You have to be a troll.

No, I'm saying that you must be a troll due to how much you seemingly know and how much you get horribly, horribly wrong.

First, the Lt. Gov. is not "handpicked" by the gubernatorial nominee. Northam won Lt. Gov. by winning a contested primary against Chopra then beating E.W. Jackson. Chopra, by the way, was supported by "insider" types such as McAuliffe and he was included in his transition team. So very much the opposite.

Secondly, all of the Democrats you listed are less "moderate" (if we're going to use that idiotic descriptor) than Northam. Please read this article about his almost-party switch.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've been reading all of the crap you spew, and it's clear that you either have a wealth of knowledge but just can't put the pieces together, or just great at trolling. The latter, to me, is likelier.

Quite frankly, I wish it was trolling. Sometimes I mock Atlas(see maps), but other times I just do something like that very stupidly not making my puzzle. It's common enough to happen to people with ADHD, like myself.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies