More Bayh 2008 News...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:50:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  More Bayh 2008 News...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More Bayh 2008 News...  (Read 600 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2005, 07:42:55 PM »

From the AP:

Bayh's rhetoric probably sounds quite stirring when delivered in person, but I have to confess it leaves me wondering what, exactly, he means. "I am desperately concerned if we don't change the path we're on, the country our children will inherit from us will be less than what we inherited from our parents," seemed to be his grand theme, according to AP. 'Less' in what sense?

On specifics, Bayh "said politics in Washington has become so obsessed with idealogy that the country has become as divided as it was during the Vietnam era," AP reports. "He ripped President Bush for dividing the country when he promised to be a uniter and lamented the 'constant acrimony' and obsession with whether you're left, right or in the middle that pervades Washington politics," says AP.

Bayh went on to accuse President Bush of lacking the "leadership" to end America's dependence on foreign oil by encouraging technological developments in both car and fuel production.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 11:31:32 AM »

Where Sen. Evan Bayh stands on issues (from the Indianapolis Star www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050612/NEWS01/50612001)

This is what he had to say on the deficit: "The fiscal policies of this administration are immoral. What does it say about us when we are on the cusp of having our principal legacy to our children being our own unpaid bills? ... More than half the money we're borrowing today comes from the Chinese central bank and the Japanese central bank. We'd better remember the old saying that he who pays the piper calls the tunes."

In answer to your question Nick, I guess when Bayh could be talking about deficits, when he talks of our children inheriting 'less' than we did from our parents

It's good to see he's concerned about the issue

Dave
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 04:16:57 PM »

So I assume Bayh would support an expansion of SS to include Personal Accounts since that will give everyone a direct way to leave wealth to their children?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies