TRUMAN for PRESIDENT • KALWEJT for VICE PRESIDENT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:20:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TRUMAN for PRESIDENT • KALWEJT for VICE PRESIDENT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: TRUMAN for PRESIDENT • KALWEJT for VICE PRESIDENT  (Read 5761 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2016, 10:22:24 PM »
« edited: June 22, 2016, 08:14:56 PM by Fmr. Senator Truman »

TRUMAN & KALWEJT
EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL • SPECIAL PRIVILEGES TO NONE

THE CANDIDATE
Member of the Labor Party

Chairman of the Northern Legislative Committee, May 2016 - present
Editor of the Mideast Record-Courier

Speaker of the Senate, May 2016 - June 2016
Senator At-Large of Atlasia, September 2015 - June 2016
Presiding Officer of the Constitutional Convention, November 2015 - May 2016
Deputy P. O. of the Constitutional Convention, October 2015 - November 2015
Speaker of the Mideast Assembly, May 2015 - September 2015
Mideast Representative, March 2015 - September 2015

THE PLATFORM
Announcement Speech (5/23) Bloomington, IN
Jobs & the Economy (6/2) Wheeling, WV
Smart Government (6/3) Louisville, KY
Defeating ISIS (6/19) Galesburg, IL
Equal Justice Under Law (6/20) Lincoln, NE

ENDORSEMENTS
Representative Dkrol (Labor-Massachusetts)
Councilor 1184AZ (Labor-Washington)
Committeewoman Peebs (Labor-North Caroliina)
Senator C. X. Smith (Labor-Massachusetts)
Representative Never Again (Labor-Virginia)
Former Legislator Southern Gothic (Labor-Louisiana)
Senator Blair (Labor-New York)
Representative Darthebearnc (Labor-Wisconsin)
Former Representative Long Live Rock (Labor-New York)
Vice President A. H. Duke (Independent-South Carolina)
President Adam Griffin (Labor-Georgia)
Northern Legislative Committee Delegate Kingpoleon (Civic Renewal-New Jersey)
Former Senator Pikachu (Labor-California)
Former Governor Winfield (Independent-Rhode Island)
Former Senator A. Scott (Labor-Connecticut)

THE BANNER

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 10:25:11 PM »

Yes, you read that correctly - I am officially running for president in the June 2016 election! Having kept my promise to bring the ConCon to a successful conclusion, bitter trolls and Radical obstructionists be damned, I am now prepared to lead Atlasia into the next chapter of our national saga as the first president elected under the Fourth Constitution.

Traditionally, this is where I would begin to wax poetically about how "you can't have freedom without liberty" and how "the future lies ahead." This goes to show that some traditions are stupid, so instead of doing that, allow me to cut to the chase.

While other candidates will try to cast the approaching campaign as a referendum on their pet issues, ultimately this election will come down to a question of leadership. The next president will need to have the battle-tested ability to successfully implement the Fourth Constitution; he will also need the tenacity and judgement that can only be gained through governing, and governing successfully. Without those qualities, the new Constitution will be a failure and everything accomplished by the ConCon and the Reform Movement will have been for naught.

"But Truman," you say, "the Constitution has been ratified! Surely the worst is over, and we can all go back to voting for whoever panders to us the most!"

You're partially correct - the Fourth Constitution is now here to stay. It was ratified by the unanimous vote of the Regions and with the overwhelming popular support of the Atlasian people. Anyone who continues to argue against the Reform Movement - whether they be bitter trolls or well-meaning yet oblivious souls - is sadly out of step with the will of the people. As Presiding Officer of the Constitutional Convention, I worked very hard to build vital reforms and long-sought fixes into the body of our new government, and thanks to the efforts of men like Adam Griffin, Duke, Blair, Yankee, and a legion of others, we won. That does not mean, however, that we can all just throw up our hands and let the game play itself. As my good friend Yankee said, the game will only last as long as there are people willing to play it. It is my belief that I have the necessary vision, courage, and experience to make the game run smoothly so that it is enjoyable for all.

Just as the Founding Fathers set an example for future generations of lawmakers, the next president, Congress, and Regional officers will set the tone of the game for future generations of Atlasians. The decisions they make will reverberate down through the ages - that's why it's so important to get this right. It is essential, therefore, that our next president take office with the ability to lead effectively from day one - I have that ability.

Asked why I am the best person to lead us through the next four months, three reasons come to mind:

Of the potential candidates, I am the most qualified man for the job. When you look at the resumes of all the people who are commonly mentioned as contenders for the presidency, subtracting those who have told me privately that they are not interested in running and/or that they will support my campaign, the fact is that I have more experience and a stronger record than any of them. I have spent the last ten months fighting for reform in the Senate and as Presiding Officer of the ConCon - before that, I was Speaker of the Mideast Assembly and the editor of a highly respected newspaper. I have twice been elected a party officer - as Secretary of TPP and now as Labor's Vice Chairman - and I know how to work with people to achieve results.

I am a problem-solver with the determination to see the job through to the end. There are many senators, governors, and public figures who are skilled at talking about what needs to be done; repeatedly, however, I am the person who actually does it. During the budget talks last December, I was the person who noticed that we were dangerously close to an accidental government shut-down and took action to prevent it; I was also the person who actually implemented the much-talked-of tax cuts for small businesses and the middle class. At the ConCon, there were many people with interesting ideas about Regional rights and Congressional authority, but I was the person who figured out a way for everyone to be heard without extending the Convention by several years. I have a long record of working across the aisle, and managed to be one of the most productive senators even during the months when I was the only liberal in the Senate. The ability to debate is what you look for in a legislator, but when choosing an executive you want someone who can lead effectively. Once again, I am that person.

I have the backbone to withstand selfish attacks and oppose policies that would hurt Atlasia. Though our newer members might not remember it, I was a lightning rod for attacks by the Radical Caucus back in 2015, when I was singled out as the "second-worst senator" and a leader of the "idiot caucus" by do-nothing trolls. I was called a communist, a fascist, a theocrat, an incompetent, and God knows what else - it didn't matter. I stayed the course, blocked Radical attempts to hijack the ConCon, and weathered the storm. Today, my approval rating is at 85%. I am fully prepared to do so again if ever the welfare of the Atlasian people depends on it.

I look forward to a vigorous campaign as I lay out my vision for Atlasia and continue to explain why I am the best person to lead our country forward. Until then, I welcome any comments, questions, or suggestions you may have.

Long Live the Republic!

Harry S Truman, Speaker of the Senate and Candidate for President
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:36:39 PM »

Endorsed!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 10:42:39 PM »

Thank-you, Senator!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 10:52:10 PM »

Endorsed!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 10:57:13 PM »

Glad to have your support, Councilor, thank-you!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 06:28:54 AM »

Endorsed!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 06:30:44 AM »

You get my full endorsement, Speaker.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 09:12:53 AM »

ENDORSED!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »

Endorsed!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 02:02:46 PM »

Thanks, y'all! It's truly an honor to have the support of such distinguished Atlasians!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 07:02:54 AM »

It's vital that we pick a tried and tested leader as the first President in the new voyage of our glorious republic. We need someone who's been through the fire, and come out strong as ever- that man is Truman. We've all seen his leadership in pushing through the ConCon when it was at it's lowest, we've seen his leadership in the Senate when helping to defeat ISIS and I'm sure everyone across Atlasia regardless of party affiliation knows that he can do the single most important job of President-Govern.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »

It's vital that we pick a tried and tested leader as the first President in the new voyage of our glorious republic. We need someone who's been through the fire, and come out strong as ever- that man is Truman. We've all seen his leadership in pushing through the ConCon when it was at it's lowest, we've seen his leadership in the Senate when helping to defeat ISIS and I'm sure everyone across Atlasia regardless of party affiliation knows that he can do the single most important job of President-Govern.
Thank-you for your confidence, Senator!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 09:08:24 PM »

Thank-you, Senator!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 11:27:17 PM »

The People are alive and well even in this new era Cheesy
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 06:11:51 AM »

Endorsed!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 12:36:59 AM »

The People are alive and well even in this new era Cheesy
The People will never die: like a phoenix, they will defy the embrace of death to be reborn from their own ashes, greater and more glorious than ever before!

Many thanks, Mr. Representative!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 12:54:43 AM »

It will be a good race.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 01:17:06 PM »

Does this mean you're running for president? Smiley

Anyways, thanks!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »

Not this time. The wedding, playing a couple shows  and moving will take a lot of my RL time. 
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 09:56:32 PM »

Wonder how long it'll take for you to pass some legislation. 6 months for health reform? A year for some immigration policy? Can't wait to see how your (inevitable) presidential term ends up!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 10:14:36 PM »

Wonder how long it'll take for you to pass some legislation. 6 months for health reform? A year for some immigration policy? Can't wait to see how your (inevitable) presidential term ends up!

Well, it depends on if we have a Labor Congress. You are right though, Truman is Inevitable. #KingTruman #AllTheWayWithTruman #AlwaysTruman

NO ONE can do it lik TRUMAN can. the red carpet will roll our with the regions beggin 4 4givnez #MideastlastRODEObe4REAPPOINTEDMENT!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 10:23:11 PM »

Unofficial Truman poster.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2016, 05:33:44 AM »

Endorsed!

I can't believe it's time for another election already. It makes me nostalgic to run for an unprecedented third term in a majority-conservative electorate, just to see if I could win again (I'm sure I could, so no need to). I love elections! Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies