Washington Primary results thread (both parties; “polls close” at 11pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:00:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Washington Primary results thread (both parties; “polls close” at 11pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Washington Primary results thread (both parties; “polls close” at 11pm ET)  (Read 10011 times)
MisSkeptic
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2016, 10:29:31 PM »

Is it only the Republican party having a primary or both including the Democrats?
Both have primaries. The Democrat vote doesn't matter. They had a caucus already to apportion delegates. The Republican side matters.

Thanks for the reply. I was confused because Wikipedia said on one page it was only the Republican party having a primary; while on the Democratic primary page it listed today as a primary day.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »

Here's an idea, how about we outlaw beauty contests? They're really nothing but a waste of money, and only give us unrepresentative data. I'm saying that as someone who voted in this.

I think caucuses should be abolished. Washingtonians had about 3 weeks to vote in this primary. In the caucus, they had about 3 hours.

Can't really bully anyone with a secret ballot either.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »

Here's an idea, how about we outlaw beauty contests? They're really nothing but a waste of money, and only give us unrepresentative data. I'm saying that as someone who voted in this.

I think caucuses should be abolished. Washingtonians had about 3 weeks to vote in this primary. In the caucus, they had about 3 hours.

PREACH! Caucuses really need to be done away with.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:05 PM »

If there was actually campaigning before this fake primary sure, but there wasn't, so this means nothing.

Good to know we can't make up our minds without incessant ads on the TV, or that we can't trust people to vote as they voted in the caucus just two months ago...
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:49 PM »

Clinton projected to win the fake primary.
Glorious news! Now Clinton can take this to the convention to demand an end to the caucus system once and for all.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2016, 10:33:08 PM »

Clinton projected to win the fake primary.

Source?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »

Hillary's win here gives me a bad feeling about Sanders's chances in California.

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2016, 10:33:45 PM »

AP.
Axel Foley
Rookie

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:03 PM »

Good for the 40 Cruz-friendly delegates in WA to be bound to Trump in the first( and for now logically sole) ballot.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:27 PM »

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/735310967941300224
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:51 PM »

I wonder how many anti-caucus folks would still be making their case of Hillary did better in caucuses than primaries. Anyway, yeah, caucuses are problematic, but so are these pointless votes. A contested primary (which would have to be open, in this state) would probably be a 15-20% Bernie win.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2016, 10:35:03 PM »

Bernie would win a contested primary against Hillary in Washington State but there's no way it would be 73-27. He'd probably win with 53-55% of the vote and only net a handful of delegates instead of the 47 he got from the incredibly undemocratic caucus
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2016, 10:35:26 PM »

Seems a bit early to call this to me.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2016, 10:37:45 PM »

Hillary's win here gives me a bad feeling about Sanders's chances in California.

Sanders never really had a chance in California. Seeing how Seattle voted, Hillary will win Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Solano and Napa counties. Maybe even San Francisco and Marin.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2016, 10:38:20 PM »

I wonder how many anti-caucus folks would still be making their case of Hillary did better in caucuses than primaries. Anyway, yeah, caucuses are problematic, but so are these pointless votes. A contested primary (which would have to be open, in this state) would probably be a 15-20% Bernie win.

The candidate I supported won all but one caucus in 2008. I still think they should be abolished.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2016, 10:39:34 PM »

Sanders never really had a chance in California. Seeing how Seattle voted, Hillary will win Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Solano and Napa counties. Maybe even San Francisco and Marin.

So are you now predicting how Asian-Americans are going to vote in the Bay Area based upon early King County results?Huh
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2016, 10:40:35 PM »

The candidate I supported won all but one caucus in 2008. I still think they should be abolished.

Did you want them abolished back in 2008?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:27 PM »

So are you now predicting how Asian-Americans are going to vote in the Bay Area based upon early King County results?Huh

Not calling you a hack, but have been spending some time looking through Asian-American precinct and county data and still am confused as to your explanation as to the rationale as the variance in Bay Area counties without explanation. You might well be right.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:55 PM »

High turnout = Hillary wins.
sportydude

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2016, 10:46:14 PM »

Please, xingkerui, don't contaminate this conservation with polemics.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2016, 10:46:54 PM »

Too bad it doesn't count, but boy do I LOVE that Hillary won the contest with MUCH greater turnout.
cwt

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2016, 10:50:55 PM »

That's why the 2012 primary was cancelled. The only reason we have a primary is because of an voter-approved initiative that passed after Pat Robertson won the GOP caucus in 1988.

catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2016, 10:52:28 PM »

So the real question is: Why didn't all these Hillary supporters participate in the caucus? The disparity in the caucus and primary results of Washington state is astounding; a 72-28 victory for Sanders to a 54-46 victory for Clinton. That's a swing of 52 points. Nebraska's caucus v. primary results weren't this bad.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2016, 10:52:45 PM »

AP has given TRUMP 9/14 proportional delegates at this point. Apparently we aren't getting specific results for districts 1,7,9 and 10 at this point but I see no reason why TRUMP wouldn't manage a 3-0 allocation in those districts since he did it in the others and is performing pretty uniformly across the state.  So 39/44 statewide, though it will likely be updated to 40 or 41 once the late vote comes in.

Also, with Kittias county now reporting we are done getting returns for tonight. 26% of the democratic vote and 31% of the republican vote will come in over the next few days. Currently, Hillary is ahead 54-46. TRUMP leads Cruz 76.2-10.1%. Kasich is at 9.9%, Carson 3.8%.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »

Please, xingkerui, don't contaminate this conservation with polemics.

It's a legitimate question, and I'm asking merely out of curiousity. I think it's a fair assessment that a lot of people's opinions about caucuses and the like are based on how well their candidate of preference does. Does anyone think that Bernie fans who love caucuses would be defending them if he did terribly in them?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies