What is your Election Day routine?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is your Election Day routine?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What is your Election Day routine?  (Read 1488 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 07:44:50 AM »

What routine? Besides hitting up Politico and looking at the maps anyway?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 09:07:19 AM »

Y'all take this too seriously. Mine is as follows:

Buy some chips and a six pack.
Post on Atlas (except US ones where it's too hard to get on)
Eat chips and drink 1-3 beer as returns come in
Go to bed between 10 and 11 regardless of result
Look at maps the next day
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 11:06:54 AM »

The night before I'm usually looking at my sample ballot and finalizing my choices. Then I wake up the next morning and go vote (usually with my parents) and then I head to school and after the day is over, I come home and wait for the returns. Pretty much a normal day.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2018, 12:42:03 PM »

Polish election day? I vote and go into a "whatever" mode in anticipation of inevitably bad results to come later.

Pretty much this, but additionally I spend time on Twitter and some political groups waiting for worthless "leaks" and later observe wholesome and at the same time horrible clownfiesta called Polish Electoral Commission press conferences.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »

Polish election day? I vote and go into a "whatever" mode in anticipation of inevitably bad results to come later.

Pretty much this, but additionally I spend time on Twitter and some political groups waiting for worthless "leaks" and later observe wholesome and at the same time horrible clownfiesta called Polish Electoral Commission press conferences.

Lol, I remember in 2010 when Kaczyński got a slight lead in a partial vote count, and after the PKW announced this in the middle of the night some people went hysterical.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2018, 03:03:36 PM »

In Germany (always a Sunday): Have breakfast with my wife and walk down to the kindergarden, where ballots are being cast. I never vote by mail because I like the feeling to go into a voting booth.

Do you have a free day on Election Day or the day after?

I took a day vacation from work on November 7 to have time analyzing the midterm election results. I plan to update several German Wikipedia pages over the day. And make forum posts Tongue But I won't stay up over the night, though I'll probably end up with a short night.

In 2016, some friends and me went to an election party in Stuttgart throughout the night. I took the entire week off and returned to work the following Monday.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2018, 03:30:52 PM »

Get up, vote three times with three ids.  Drive a bus filled with with Illegal Aliens to (insert your state here) and have them vote.  Come home and post absurd claims about illegal voting on the internet.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 03:45:18 PM »

I took a day vacation from work on November 7 to have time analyzing the midterm election results. I plan to update several German Wikipedia pages over the day. And make forum posts Tongue But I won't stay up over the night, though I'll probably end up with a short night.

In 2016, some friends and me went to an election party in Stuttgart throughout the night. I took the entire week off and returned to work the following Monday.

In 2004, I was doing my military service. Actually, we weren't allowed to take a vacation within the first three months. However, it was regarded as educational leave, so we were able to take leave. 😁
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2018, 10:04:15 AM »

In Germany (always a Sunday): Have breakfast with my wife and walk down to the kindergarden, where ballots are being cast. I never vote by mail because I like the feeling to go into a voting booth.

Aren't US elections more like an early morning for you Euros instead of a late night?
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »

1) Everything normal
2) Go vote
3) Watch election returns while eating dinner/having a glass of wine
4) Go to bed

IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 01:48:16 PM »

Aren't US elections more like an early morning for you Euros instead of a late night?

Its basically the same as a UK Election really: our polls close at 10pm and most of the big results don't come in until the early hours: its effectively the same for American elections.  On the continent it is a little different though.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2018, 10:16:33 PM »

I wont watch the returns this year. Ill just work till midnight, go home and go to sleep then just look up the results the next day
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2018, 10:51:44 PM »

This November?

Wake up at around 4 AM, spend the whole day from then doing GOTV until the polls close.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2018, 11:33:48 PM »

My life has been too different each election day to actually get a routine. 2000 I watched at home with my parents. I don't remember 2002. 2004 and 2006 I watched at my grandma's house. 2008 I had rowing practice and I watched the returns at a restaurant on my way home. 2010 I feel like I listened to on the radio, but I don't remember why. 2012 I went to an election night party in downtown Seattle. 2014 I don't remember, but probably just watched at home. 2016 I went to a bar with my mom to commiserate as we saw the bad returns coming in.

Since I'm living in DC this year, I'll probably watch some returns and if it looks good for Democrats, go over to the Longworth Building and point and laugh Nelson Muntz style for an hour or so.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2018, 11:44:39 PM »

Same as my nightly ritual.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2018, 06:41:22 PM »

Not much different, except I'll spend the evening reading and talking about the election. If I care enough about the election and its on a rare occasion where I've not got any commitments, I'll stay up for the results, thats only happened once though (Brexit).
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2018, 10:22:54 PM »

Election day is not common enough for a "routine".
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies