Lindsey Graham becomes #EventuallyTrump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:02:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Lindsey Graham becomes #EventuallyTrump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Lindsey Graham becomes #EventuallyTrump  (Read 1599 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 12:42:47 AM »
« edited: May 24, 2016, 12:44:41 AM by Mr. Morden »

A lot of the #NeverTrump crowd has suddenly been hit with the reality that not supporting the ticket, at least in name, will end their careers in politics.  No one has been asked to love Trump, but politicians in the GOP are required to at least state that they will vote for the ticket.  A number of folks are seeing themselves blacklisted in the future for not supporting the Republican ticket, and they are trying to get back on board.

Who are these #NeverTrump people who are “trying to get back on board”?  What are their names?  I’m unaware of a single remotely prominent Republican who said they would not vote for Trump in the general election and has now backtracked.  That includes the politicians, the high profile political aides and staffers, and the conservative media types and commentators.  There are probably at least a few of them who have folded, but I don’t know who they are.  No one’s ever been able to give me a name.  Plenty of people supported other candidates for the nomination and wanted to prevent Trump from winning it, but now back him for the general election.  But that’s normal.  People back one candidate for the nom., and then go with the eventual nominee in the end all the time.  The GOP politicians who said they would *never* back him in the GE though have stuck to it…at least so far.

It would absolutely not surprise me if many of these folks *eventually* flip-flop and end up supporting Trump, but it hasn’t happened yet.  At least for now, they are not backing him.  And yet, people here keep jumping on every scrap of news (whether it ends up being true or not) that one of them is wavering, and then they proclaim this as proof that they were right all along about the Republican elites all being squishes, and oh, I guess this means that #NeverTrump has collapsed, and Romney and Sasse are going to endorse Trump tomorrow.  I don’t get it.

In any case, at least for now, there are *more* #NeverTrump Republican politicians than there were during the primary campaign.  We'll just have to wait and see how long that lasts.
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »

So a Trump supporter told a trump, it seems. Nothing surprising.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies