Trump bashes Susana Martinez in New Mexico stop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:44:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump bashes Susana Martinez in New Mexico stop
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Trump bashes Susana Martinez in New Mexico stop  (Read 4684 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:00:26 PM »

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/735290795884826624

Jenna JohnsonVerified account
‏@wpjenna
Donald Trump slams New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez (R) for economic problems in her state, especially increased food stamp use.
7:06 PM - 24 May 2016
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 10:02:35 PM »

Bashing Hispanic Republicans now! What a racist!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:47 PM »

Well, I guess it's safe to say that she isn't on the short list. Guess Atlas Republicans can erase "New Mexico" off their "Blue to Red" fantasy wish list.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:13 PM »

Martinez has, to date, said she hasn't decided yet who she'll vote for in November.  Great way for Trump to win her endorsement...

Is this the first time Trump has gone after a sitting Republican governor since Kasich and Cruz dropped out and he became the de facto nominee?  I remember him going after Scott Walker pretty hard during the Wisconsin campaign, but that was when Walker was backing Cruz for the nomination.
Fargobison

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:47:04 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2016, 10:58:45 PM by Fargobison »

Just another reason why he lacks the temperament and judgement to be president.

I mean seriously why go after her other then you want revenge for her not bending the knee and not wanting to meet with him?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:54:38 PM »

There were a bunch of stories earlier today about Martinez saying she was "really busy" and therefore could not attend Trump's rally.  Apparently that is all it takes to trigger him.   He is going to experience a lot of govs and senators who are "busy" when he comes to town.  Is he going to go after all of them?  Was this a kind of warning to others who aren't endorsing?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 11:01:13 PM »

I mean seriously why go after her other then you want revenge for her not bending the knee and not wanting to meet with him?
Because he is calling a spade a spade. Trump is the "anti-establishment" candidate. If you're not on board, you're the establishment.

I doubt that Martinez was never really a serious VP candidate after that drinking debacle a few months back.

This whole thing won't mean a hill of beans at the end of the day.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 11:14:55 PM »

There were a bunch of stories earlier today about Martinez saying she was "really busy" and therefore could not attend Trump's rally.  Apparently that is all it takes to trigger him.   He is going to experience a lot of govs and senators who are "busy" when he comes to town.  Is he going to go after all of them?  Was this a kind of warning to others who aren't endorsing?

I'm not sure why on Earth she'd be expected to attend a rally of his if she hasn't endorsed him yet.

There will be plenty of Republican politicians who have at least given him a nominal "I support the nominee" statement (which Martinez hasn't done) who are nonetheless going to be "too busy" to attend his rallies.  #NeverTrump may be small, but "I'm too busy to appear on stage with this guy" could end up being a majority of Republican elected officials.  If he goes after all of them, he'd be at war with half the party.
Fargobison

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 11:18:33 PM »

Because he is calling a spade a spade. Trump is the "anti-establishment" candidate. If you're not on board, you're the establishment.

I doubt that Martinez was never really a serious VP candidate after that drinking debacle a few months back.

If Martinez wants to make something of it, she could definitely make it a bigger thing. The ball is in her court now.

He had no reason to hit her, outside of being upset that she won't bend the knee for him. That said maybe this goes deeper, maybe the Trump campaign approached her to be VP and she told them to pound sand.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 11:29:10 PM »

Martinez ought to endorse Johnson.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 11:30:10 PM »

If Martinez wants to make something of it, she could definitely make it a bigger thing. The ball is in her court now.

He had no reason to hit her, outside of being upset that she won't bend the knee for him. That said maybe this goes deeper, maybe the Trump campaign approached her to be VP and she told them to pound sand.
I'd doubt they would want her as VP after that drinking incident where there were some allegations of abuse of power.  Trump will strike back, if attacked. Or if he feels slighted. I think there's some history where she attacked Trump at an RGA meeting or something a month or so ago.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 11:31:13 PM »

Shes a coward and a fraud maybe she also believes "they come out of an act of love".  

I wouldn't want her as his VP just to suck up to the illegal immigrant lobby.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 11:50:53 PM »

Martinez ought to endorse Johnson.

That would be great to see. Highly unlikely, but it would be amazing.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 07:37:10 AM »

Trump attacks Susana Martinez as a Muslim-loving weakling, while he was in New Mexico

... I really fail to see the logic behind this move?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 07:42:23 AM »

the stubby-fingered rapist has never been logical. don't know why you're surprised.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 07:43:43 AM »

the stubby-fingered rapist has never been logical. don't know why you're surprised.
Yeah but this is a new low.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 07:56:16 AM »

I mean if your a vulnerable Republican sitting Senator or Governor having Trump attack you is the greatest way to put some distance between you and him.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 08:09:56 AM »

I don't know what little hands thinks he can get from bashing a Republican while claiming to be one.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 08:46:51 AM »

I don't know what little hands thinks he can get from bashing a Republican while claiming to be one.

Apparently you have been in a cave for the last 12 months.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 08:58:02 AM »

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/735431171539099649

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 09:17:52 AM »

So.... Goldman Sachs, Sheldon Adelson and the RNC are now "anti-establishment" because they are on board with Trump? (Will his reality-twisting ever cease?)
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 10:31:59 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 10:35:10 AM by ag »

Of the NeverTrump crowd, she's probably the best candidate for an actual R->I or R->D party switch this year.  It's personal for her.

She should switch. Republican party has left her.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »

Shes a coward and a fraud maybe she also believes "they come out of an act of love".  

I wouldn't want her as his VP just to suck up to the illegal immigrant lobby.

Well, since every decent person would have been unpleasantly surprised if you had a nice word to say about them, I can only congratulate Governor Martinez on avoiding your praise.
sportydude

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 10:45:44 AM »

I still believe she will act as the running mate of some "true conservative" third-party candidate.
Angrie

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 10:54:07 AM »

He probably didn't realize that Martinez was a Republican. I bet he just assumed that since she is Hispanic, she must be a Democrat. At this rate, that implicit assumption will be generally true soon enough.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies