Opinion of the Albuquerque, NM protesters?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:04:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Albuquerque, NM protesters?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: skip
FP

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Opinion of the Albuquerque, NM protesters?  (Read 990 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2016, 11:15:48 PM »

Discuss.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 11:26:59 PM »

Freedom Protest!
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 11:28:27 PM »

I don't think you can paint them all with a broad brush, particularly the ones at this event.  Regardless, I voted for FPs.
sportydude

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 11:35:23 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2016, 11:39:01 PM by sportydude »

Disgusting scum, should be looking for jobs, hope police are going to crackdown on them mercilessly
Angry Angry Angry

Pepper spray, we need more pepper spray!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 11:40:23 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2016, 11:43:48 PM by Virginia »

Not that I condone this behavior, but I think people should remember why those protestors are out there protesting in the first place. Trump is dangerously close to being President of the United States and built his campaign on promises to deport 11 million people, which undoubtedly means possible friends and family of many of current and future protestors. That kind of anger combined with the psychological effects of "mob rule" can lead to nasty things. If Trump was threatening to deport friends and family of Atlas users and we went out to protest too, I wouldn't be surprised if many users also went batsh**t crazy. Don't doubt the ability of a seemingly nice, caring person to get swept up in such a thing.

Just sayin' Tongue
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 11:44:03 PM »

Not that I condone this behavior, but I think people should remember why those protestors are out there protesting in the first place. Trump is dangerously close to being President of the United States and built his campaign on promises to deport 11 million people, which undoubtedly means possible friends and family of many of current and future protestors. That kind of anger combined with the psychological effects of "mob rule" can lead to nasty things. If Trump was threatening to deport friends and family of Atlas users and we went out to protest too, I wouldn't be surprised if many users also went batsh**t crazy.

Just sayin' Tongue
So they're upset that they've broken the law and might now have to face consequences for it
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 11:48:55 PM »

So they're upset that they've broken the law and might now have to face consequences for it

Green Line, no offense (??), but I don't really care for that narrow-minded argument typically deployed by conservatives in anything related to crime/immigration/over-policing/whatever. It just rings of a heartless person who would rather point to the penal code than try to understand the situation of other people.

That's all I really have to say about that.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 11:57:22 PM »

FPs
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 12:07:17 AM »

Green Line, no offense (??), but I don't really care for that narrow-minded argument typically deployed by conservatives in anything related to crime/immigration/over-policing/whatever. It just rings of a heartless person who would rather point to the penal code than try to understand the situation of other people.

That's all I really have to say about that.

The situation is a immigration policy that does nothing to help people in Mexico who want to come here legally.  Just like the rich chinaman that gave $$$$ to the Clinton foundation who's free to come and go  holds basically two citizenship's.  Yet  poor hispanics who want to migrate here legally face soo much bureaucratic BS.   Liberals like you are so full of crap. It has nothing to do with the real issue and everything to do with trying to get a race of people inslaved to vote for a political party.  The only " Immigration reform" is for the rich and well connected it seems.  Meanwhile the poor hispanics can swim across and river to get paid 3$ an hr and btw make sure you support the left.

Give me a break.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 12:16:04 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 12:17:39 AM by Virginia »

The situation is a immigration policy that does nothing to help people in Mexico who want to come here legally.  Just like the rich chinaman that gave $$$$ to the Clinton foundation who's free to come and go  holds basically two citizenship's.  Yet  poor hispanics who want to migrate here legally face soo much bureaucratic BS.   Liberals like you are so full of crap. It has nothing to do with the real issue and everything to do with trying to get a race of people inslaved to vote for a political party.  The only " Immigration reform" is for the rich and well connected it seems.  Meanwhile the poor hispanics can swim across and river to get paid 3$ an hr and btw make sure you support the left.

Give me a break.

Well I wasn't talking about immigration reform, or the Clinton Foundation, ...or the Chinese, ........or enslaving minorities to a political party.

I was referring to how heartless it is to look at undocumented immigrants and always point to the penal code. A lot of those people have been here for years, decade(s) even. They have families and they contribute to society just as much as the next person, with many doing work a lot of Americans don't want to do anyway. To just say DEPORT THEM ALL is cold, and quite frankly, ignorant of the effects that would have on our economy.

Secure the border, sure - definitely, but don't ruin millions of existing, well-established families by deporting them all. Those protestors are being unruly but at the same time, try and understand the threat they perceive. Try and look at things from their point of view.

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 12:37:17 AM »

The situation is a immigration policy that does nothing to help people in Mexico who want to come here legally.  Just like the rich chinaman that gave $$$$ to the Clinton foundation who's free to come and go  holds basically two citizenship's.  Yet  poor hispanics who want to migrate here legally face SO much bureaucratic BS.   Liberals like you are so full of crap. It has nothing to do with the real issue and everything to do with trying to get a race of people inslaved to vote for a political party.  The only " Immigration reform" is for the rich and well connected it seems.  Meanwhile the poor hispanics can swim across and river to get paid 3$ an hr and btw make sure you support the left.

Give me a break.

Well I wasn't talking about immigration reform, or the Clinton Foundation, ...or the Chinese, ........or enslaving minorities to a political party.

I was referring to how heartless it is to look at undocumented immigrants and always point to the penal code. A lot of those people have been here for years, decade(s) even. They have families and they contribute to society just as much as the next person, with many doing work a lot of Americans don't want to do anyway. To just say DEPORT THEM ALL is cold, and quite frankly, ignorant of the effects that would have on our economy.

Secure the border, sure - definitely, but don't ruin millions of existing, well-established families by deporting them all. Those protestors are being unruly but at the same time, try and understand the threat they perceive. Try and look at things from their point of view.

Why burn a American flag and wave a Mexican flag on U.S soil but you are supposedly protesting being deported back to the country who's flag your waving?

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 01:09:54 AM »

We have water cannons for these types.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 01:38:22 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 01:43:05 AM by Santander »

I disagree. I agree with Jeb Bush that some illegal immigration is an "act of love", and I do not consider them to be bad people for it. I also believe that illegal immigration should be discussed as an administrative offense rather than a criminal offense, which it is not. However, I do not think it is heartless to view illegal immigration from a law enforcement point of view. If we turn a blind eye to illegal immigration, we should turn a blind eye to poor people stealing and county clerks refusing to comply with court rulings. We don't do that because laws are only useful if they are enforced.

I hear some on the left now supporting just giving citizenship to the 11 million illegal immigrants. That or even the pathway to citizenship may not be heartless, but it sure is selfish considering the millions of legal immigrants who desperately want to become Americans and American citizens who are told to respect the law. Being selfish is okay when it comes to your personal life, but when it comes to politics, I'll take heartless over selfish.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 04:45:06 AM »

Give me a break.

The fact that you seriously used the word "chinaman" kind of discredits your whole argument.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 06:19:38 AM »

Fighting the Freedom Fight but doing it in a counterproductive way.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 07:02:44 AM »

worse than Trump
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 07:20:14 AM »

HP, because these protests actually help Trump.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 07:50:35 AM »

I have no clue what this is all about, but judging from the types of people who think they are HP, they seem to be angles incarnate.

And lol at the twat that said "Chinaman" in a serious sentence.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 09:58:24 AM »

Not that I condone this behavior, but I think people should remember why those protestors are out there protesting in the first place. Trump is dangerously close to being President of the United States and built his campaign on promises to deport 11 million people, which undoubtedly means possible friends and family of many of current and future protestors. That kind of anger combined with the psychological effects of "mob rule" can lead to nasty things. If Trump was threatening to deport friends and family of Atlas users and we went out to protest too, I wouldn't be surprised if many users also went batsh**t crazy.

Just sayin' Tongue

[JAVERT]
No!
It means you get
Your yellow ticket-of-leave
You are a thief

[VALJEAN]
I stole a loaf of bread.

[JAVERT]
You robbed a house.

[VALJEAN]
I broke a window pane.
My sister’s child was close to death
And we were starving.

[JAVERT]
You will starve again
Unless you learn the meaning of the law.

[VALJEAN]
I know the meaning of those 19 years
A slave of the law
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 10:01:42 AM »

Fighting the Freedom Fight but doing it in a counterproductive way.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 10:03:34 AM »

Depends. Protesting against Donald Drumpf alias John Miller is a good thing; attacking police officers not.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 01:43:47 PM »

Why burn a American flag and wave a Mexican flag on U.S soil but you are supposedly protesting being deported back to the country who's flag your waving?

I dunno. Tbh that is stupid as hell, but as I stated before, protests can easily become overrun by mob rule when the atmosphere is already tense and fueled with anger. Herd mentality is a legitimate psychological phenomenon. I don't condone that behavior, but as I stated before, I understand the basic foundation of their anger, and with that makes me more sympathetic to their plight (even if I don't accept their particular expression of such emotions)

I disagree. I agree with Jeb Bush that some illegal immigration is an "act of love", and I do not consider them to be bad people for it. I also believe that illegal immigration should be discussed as an administrative offense rather than a criminal offense, which it is not. However, I do not think it is heartless to view illegal immigration from a law enforcement point of view. If we turn a blind eye to illegal immigration, we should turn a blind eye to poor people stealing and county clerks refusing to comply with court rulings. We don't do that because laws are only useful if they are enforced.

It isn't in a lot of cases, but the "deport them all" rage that has taken over is. I simply stated that this type of feeling is in line with the "tough-on-crime" conservative mentality, where they express little sympathy for the underlying issues people have. Blacks are disproportionately targeted by police? THEY SHOULD COMMIT LESS CRIME! Drug addicts can't control themselves? THEY NEED TO BE PUNISHED AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! Illegal immigrants? DEPORT THEM ALL.

It seems to be a fundamental pillar of the right-leaning world view. Cold, hard personal responsibility is the only consideration. Screw the fact that illegal immigrants also contribute to society, the only consideration must be that 1) is there a law against them being here? and 2) did they break it? Screw any other issues or considerations. Same with other forms of crime. It's a rigid belief system that ignores the reality we live in. Blacks commit too much crime?! Who cares if much of this results from the destruction of families by over-policing, the poor economic conditions in many black communities via decades of institutional racism and over-criminalization. They broke whatever laws we wrote and must be punished! That is the only acceptable view!

I'm sorry but this belief system in terms of crime makes me sick. It completely ignores the reasons why the crime (including illegal immigration) happens in the first place and instead only considers the legal aspect of it.

I hear some on the left now supporting just giving citizenship to the 11 million illegal immigrants. That or even the pathway to citizenship may not be heartless, but it sure is selfish considering the millions of legal immigrants who desperately want to become Americans and American citizens who are told to respect the law. Being selfish is okay when it comes to your personal life, but when it comes to politics, I'll take heartless over selfish.

Maybe? I don't know. I think they should get a pathway to citizenship that is reasonable, though. Learn English, pay a reasonable amount of back taxes and have no felonies on their record. No obscene, arbitrary 5+ year waiting times, either.

I just think America needs to accept that we can't deport 11 million people without disastrous social and economical effects on our country. Let them be citizens, then work hard to seal off the border (I propose a 'virtual' fence, not a physical one - For practical reasons) so we don't again have a situation where millions of illegal immigrants need to "handled".
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 03:06:24 PM »

HPs. The anti-Trump protestors have gotten so over-the-top aggressive and obnoxious that it's almost false-flag worthy.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 03:43:28 PM »

Stupid.

Anyone who thinks that either of our two (likely) choices for President are somehow so bad as to justify violence at this point is stupid. Anyone who called those criminal nuts in Oregon who occupied a remote cabin "treasonous terrorists" but condone mobs in populated areas setting fires, starting riots, and attacking police or political rallies because Trump is an ass, is incredibly stupid. And no lefties, this is not some false equivalency b.s.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 05:58:24 PM »

I just think America needs to accept that we can't deport 11 million people without disastrous social and economical effects on our country. Let them be citizens, then work hard to seal off the border (I propose a 'virtual' fence, not a physical one - For practical reasons) so we don't again have a situation where millions of illegal immigrants need to "handled".
You know, I"d be willing to let every non-violent criminal illegal person here get free citizenship if we actually got a secured border out of the deal.  I think most people who want a secure border would take the same.  But it will never happen.  There are powerful people on both sides of the aisle that gain something from having the borders only sort of secure.  I was watching a Johnny Carson from 1977 last week, he had two jokes in his monologue about illegal Mexicans.  Reagan made an amnesty deal in the mid 80s that was supposed to end the problem.  Lots of Presidents and Congresses since have talked a good game, yet here we are.  The exact same place on the issue we will be in 2029.

Close the damned border, use drones, build a funking wall, use the Army, I really don't care the details.  If/when we need more people, we should make it easy to get people here.  We have unemployed people here right?  I don't give a sh**t if it's "jobs Americans won't do", if nobody is doing the job raise the pay.  Eventually you'll find a point where Americans will pick apples.  I don't really care if if doubles the price of apples (it won't), maybe apples should be double the price?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies