Politico interviews LBJ's ad men
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:27:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Politico interviews LBJ's ad men
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Politico interviews LBJ's ad men  (Read 1462 times)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2016, 08:19:38 AM »

it's not racist. Trump has a lot of flaws but you can disagree with his statements without all the "coded dog whistle message" crap.

Trump is a racist.

Its the usual tactics from the leftists, if the other side has an different point of view from their  world view you are automatically a "racist".

Its make America great again, nothing racist about that. I think the slogan speaks for every American, Unless of course you are a american that hates your own country and theres plenty of those in here.  Funny the left is going around praising LBJ (Mr Vietnam war) and bringing up 1964 style attack ads , the irony in it all.

It seems "usual" because close to half the country is politically-motivated by issues that just so happen to always have a minority of some sort dangling on the other end of it, and so it gets called out often because many of us are sick of the fronting. Immigration, welfare, crime, outsourcing/foreign trade, "religious freedom", and so forth - whether direct or indirect, conscious or subconscious, those who get all hot and bothered picture a stereotypical minority of some sort in their heads when thinking about these issues. Perhaps the only hot-button issue the Right in this country cares about that doesn't elicit such imagery in their conscious/subconscious is abortion.

Thats where you are wrong.   Crime,trade,immigration  arent coded topics that equal racism.  Its just not fair to the opposite side and creates more hostility.   Its clearly a tactic used by the left to smear anyone who oppose.  I will give you that "welfare reform " was code for make those blacks work especially used during campaigns of the 1990s (irony is Clinton had a hand in that jar).   

Americans have a right to oppose illegal immigration.
Americans have a right to oppose rampant crime in the streets.
Americans  have a right to oppose trade deals that are one sided.

Being in opposition to those issues shouldn't make you a racist or xenophobic.   
Of course not, however when you and your party the people on welfare "welfare queens", or decide to call people protesting police brutality thugs your racist.  When you use stereotypes when referring to citizens of country that you see are being favored in a trade deal, its racist.  when your parties standard bearer decided to call Mexicans rapists, he was a racist, and your party is as well.  When you decide to use racist coded language to further your goals, there is no defending it.  Why even try, just own up to it.

It's the reason I am loving Trump.  He is showing to world the dark and real side of the republican party.

Dr King protested police brutality and other civil rights issues and didn't endorse crap like Ferguson or Baltimore.   The word thug is correct  white, black ,brown or green.    Welfare queens are real and honestly speaking from my own racial background id know more about that issue than you.. no offense.   I dont agree with the use of it at certain times in our country's political history as stated earlier.     Are racist supporting trump .. of course there are just as racist are supporting Clinton and did in 2008 Wink .   But thats a small percentage of voters. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 08:31:26 AM »

it's not racist. Trump has a lot of flaws but you can disagree with his statements without all the "coded dog whistle message" crap.

Trump is a racist.

Its the usual tactics from the leftists, if the other side has an different point of view from their  world view you are automatically a "racist".

Its make America great again, nothing racist about that. I think the slogan speaks for every American, Unless of course you are a american that hates your own country and theres plenty of those in here.  Funny the left is going around praising LBJ (Mr Vietnam war) and bringing up 1964 style attack ads , the irony in it all.

It seems "usual" because close to half the country is politically-motivated by issues that just so happen to always have a minority of some sort dangling on the other end of it, and so it gets called out often because many of us are sick of the fronting. Immigration, welfare, crime, outsourcing/foreign trade, "religious freedom", and so forth - whether direct or indirect, conscious or subconscious, those who get all hot and bothered picture a stereotypical minority of some sort in their heads when thinking about these issues. Perhaps the only hot-button issue the Right in this country cares about that doesn't elicit such imagery in their conscious/subconscious is abortion.

Thats where you are wrong.   Crime,trade,immigration  arent coded topics that equal racism.  Its just not fair to the opposite side and creates more hostility.   Its clearly a tactic used by the left to smear anyone who oppose.  I will give you that "welfare reform " was code for make those blacks work especially used during campaigns of the 1990s (irony is Clinton had a hand in that jar).   

Of course not, however when you and your party the people on welfare "welfare queens", or decide to call people protesting police brutality thugs your racist.  When you use stereotypes when referring to citizens of country that you see are being favored in a trade deal, its racist.  when your parties standard bearer decided to call Mexicans rapists, he was a racist, and your party is as well.  When you decide to use racist coded language to further your goals, there is no defending it.  Why even try, just own up to it.

It's the reason I am loving Trump.  He is showing to world the dark and real side of the republican party.

Dr King protested police brutality and other civil rights issues and didn't endorse crap like Ferguson or Baltimore.   The word thug is correct  white, black ,brown or green.    Welfare queens are real and honestly speaking from my own racial background id know more about that issue than you.. no offense.   I dont agree with the use of it at certain times in our country's political history as stated earlier.     Are racist supporting trump .. of course there are just as racist are supporting Clinton and did in 2008 Wink .   But thats a small percentage of voters. 
I not going to respond on the King point, it's been disproven by many others and I don't want to argue that right now.  But I will say that things like this don't happen as often as you say they are.

Next, you have no idea where I come from, and have no right to say what I know or do not know.

Finally, when you have a large amount of your supporters giving you the Nazi salute and it being encouraged by that parties stander bearer, it is fair to call most of them racist.

Just in case you say this isn't true, here is a few photo's of it happening.

How in gods name is that not racist.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 10:13:06 AM »

Why are people still arguing with this Mike Keller dude? He's proven his ignorance so many times by now. He can hardly write a coherent sentence even.

Trump has decoded the Republican "messages" making it pretty clear that large parts of it is just pure bigotry. When you replace "sensible immigration policy" with "let's build a wall to keep out those rapists" you're making it pretty clear what this is.

Trump is more of a conceited idiot than any sort of principled racist. The guy just appeals to the primitive pre-civilized instincts in people and apparently a lot of people have a strong strain of that.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 11:03:12 AM »

Trump is a racist.

Its the usual tactics from the leftists, if the other side has an different point of view from their  world view you are automatically a "racist".

Its make America great again, nothing racist about that. I think the slogan speaks for every American, Unless of course you are a american that hates your own country and theres plenty of those in here.  Funny the left is going around praising LBJ (Mr Vietnam war) and bringing up 1964 style attack ads , the irony in it all.

Crime: Put up a picture of a scary black man conveniently renamed "Willie Horton" (He went by his full name of William, they called him Willie because it sounds more stereotypically black) and scream about rape and murder. That's the very definition of dog whistle politics.

Immigration: "Those Mexicans bring crime, drugs, they're rapists." What is that supposed to sound like?
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2016, 04:38:18 PM »

Trump is a racist.

I not going to respond on the King point, it's been disproven by many others and I don't want to argue that right now.  But I will say that things like this don't happen as often as you say they are.

Next, you have no idea where I come from, and have no right to say what I know or do not know.

Finally, when you have a large amount of your supporters giving you the Nazi salute and it being encouraged by that parties stander bearer, it is fair to call most of them racist.

Just in case you say this isn't true, here is a few photo's of it happening.

How in gods name is that not racist.

I see nothing there in those pictures that indicate racist.    Stop parroting left wing propaganda Trump wasn't urging people to doing a nazi salute. 

Gustaf for a moderator you sure do a lot of personal attacks.  I guess i hurt your liberal ego or offended your sensibilities.  Thats unfortunate because you should respect all points of view. 

Trump hasn't run Willie Horton ads and that was in 1988 .  Fair enough, if you want to go back into history of political parties lets start with the democratic party opposing the civil rights act or supporting KKK members.     

Give me a break.

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 08:56:36 PM »

Trump seems to be supported by an awful large proportion of racists and white supremacists and so forth (including David Duke), at a level McCain or Romney never were. And those racists gleefully point out the racial implications of his stated policies. At best, he enables racists.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »

If they even tried the deporting-stye ad they mention, Trump would simply respond with something 1000x stronger than Bush's Willie Horton ad.

Let Trump try that if he wants.  In 1988 when that ad was used, nonwhite voters were 13% of the electorate.  In 2016 we are projected to be 30% and the country has already elected a black president.  We'll see how that works out for Trump.

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 10:05:53 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2016, 10:07:59 PM by ag »

Gustaf for a moderator you sure do a lot of personal attacks.  I guess i hurt your liberal ego or offended your sensibilities.  Thats unfortunate because you should respect all points of view.  

So, as another long-time poster here, let me stress that I do believe you to be a vilest Nazi, holder of views despicable in a civilized society, somebody, who, I am certain, would volunteer of Einzatzkommando duty, but would believe it to be too wishy-washy in not killing people fast enough.  I have no doubt that you would send me to a gas chamber if you could.

And, no, I do not believe this to be an exaggeration. I have read enough of your posts here to conlude that it is, indeed, what you would like to do.

Now, that we have established my beliefs about you, would you please apologize to Mr. Gustaf?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 10:09:10 PM »

Why are people still arguing with this Mike Keller dude? He's proven his ignorance so many times by now. He can hardly write a coherent sentence even.

Trump has decoded the Republican "messages" making it pretty clear that large parts of it is just pure bigotry. When you replace "sensible immigration policy" with "let's build a wall to keep out those rapists" you're making it pretty clear what this is.

Trump is more of a conceited idiot than any sort of principled racist. The guy just appeals to the primitive pre-civilized instincts in people and apparently a lot of people have a strong strain of that.

MK is a semi-literate Nazi lumpen. Unfortunately, we treat these guys too softly. They should be exposed for what they are.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2016, 11:25:26 PM »

Gustaf for a moderator you sure do a lot of personal attacks.  I guess i hurt your liberal ego or offended your sensibilities.  Thats unfortunate because you should respect all points of view.  

So, as another long-time poster here, let me stress that I do believe you to be a vilest Nazi, holder of views despicable in a civilized society, somebody, who, I am certain, would volunteer of Einzatzkommando duty, but would believe it to be too wishy-washy in not killing people fast enough.  I have no doubt that you would send me to a gas chamber if you could.

And, no, I do not believe this to be an exaggeration. I have read enough of your posts here to conlude that it is, indeed, what you would like to do.

Now, that we have established my beliefs about you, would you please apologize to Mr. Gustaf?

lmao.   This is crazy dude you do realize its a internet forum where you know almost zero about the other persona on the other side?      "vilest Nazi" ??       "Einzatzkommando duty"  WTF is that?

"I have no doubt that you would send me to a gas chamber if you could." - This is nuts

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 01:43:53 AM »

Pointing out that someone is ignorant and can't produce coherent writing isn't a personal attack, jao.

I'd be inclined to think MK would be on Team Genocide in most circumstances - that's the image you create for yourself when you stand for thinly veiled fascism. Of course, people rarely admit to those things before they attain power.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 02:13:05 AM »

Pointing out that someone is ignorant and can't produce coherent writing isn't a personal attack, jao.

I'd be inclined to think MK would be on Team Genocide in most circumstances - that's the image you create for yourself when you stand for thinly veiled fascism. Of course, people rarely admit to those things before they attain power.

EVIDENCE ?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 02:22:46 AM »

EVIDENCE ?

You support an authoritarian strongman, dislike media scrutiny, support violent scare tactics, race-baiting, think civil liberties for those who are different can be sacrificed for your own security, show contempt for those who are smart and well-educated...etc, etc.

I mean, if you just google some checklist of typical aspects of fascism and was honest with yourself you'd probably see it too.

A core part of Trump supporters is promoting feeling over thinking, passion over reason. That is why a campaign completely devoid of consistency, logic or principles can be so successful. The hatred of the Enlightenment project is also pretty fundamental to fascism. You people long for a "society" where the biggest ape with the biggest stick gets to run the show and we dismantle notions like constitutional freedoms (to quote your candidate, people who yell "freedom of speech" are stupid). I think that desire for dismantling civilization is the main appeal of fascism.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 03:30:12 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2016, 03:51:38 AM by MK »

EVIDENCE ?

You support an authoritarian strongman, dislike media scrutiny, support violent scare tactics, race-baiting, think civil liberties for those who are different can be sacrificed for your own security, show contempt for those who are smart and well-educated...etc, etc.
I mean, if you just google some checklist of typical aspects of fascism and was honest with yourself you'd probably see it too.

A core part of Trump supporters is promoting feeling over thinking, passion over reason. That is why a campaign completely devoid of consistency, logic or principles can be so successful. The hatred of the Enlightenment project is also pretty fundamental to fascism. You people long for a "society" where the biggest ape with the biggest stick gets to run the show and we dismantle notions like constitutional freedoms (to quote your candidate, people who yell "freedom of speech" are stupid). I think that desire for dismantling civilization is the main appeal of fascism.

This must be a figment of your imagination?   Ive openly expressed issues with Trump as a candidate many times.  You have never seen any pro-trump banners or endorsements from me. Yes, iam anti-clinton, but maybe you are confusing that with Trump supporter ?

For such a smart young man i would've thought you do better homework. Ive only been a member here since 2008.

Certain groups of people that align with you are on college campus now promoting "safe speech zones" and shutting down speech of others they disagree with.  Interrupting peaceful political rallies while throwing objects and fighting with supporters of other candidates.    Who's really supporting strong-armed fascism?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 04:18:48 AM »

EVIDENCE ?

This must be a figment of your imagination?   Ive openly expressed issues with Trump as a candidate many times.  You have never seen any pro-trump banners or endorsements from me. Yes, iam anti-clinton, but maybe you are confusing that with Trump supporter ?

For such a smart young man i would've thought you do better homework. Ive only been a member here since 2008.

Certain groups of people that align with you are on college campus now promoting "safe speech zones" and shutting down speech of others they disagree with.  Interrupting peaceful political rallies while throwing objects and fighting with supporters of other candidates.    Who's really supporting strong-armed fascism?

Um, they're not aligned with me. I've never advocated any of that.

It's kind of silly to deny your Trump support when you're constantly shilling for him. But I'll just leave it at this recent post:

Definitely. One can truly appreciate the silence from the Trump supporters on this forum.

Not worth responding to this trap house of a thread.

...which clearly shows that you self-identify as a Trump supporter.

If I recall correctly you supported physical bullying and strongarm tactics from the Trump campaign against reporters and you support Trump's ban on Muslims. At the very least, you're fine with these things since you support him. The paragraph you bolded is thus broadly speaking correct.

I know the modern fascist movement is very thin-skinned and whiny and don't like being called out on their views, but until you gain enough power to start executing your political opponents you'll have to live with freedom of speech being exercised against you, no matter how dumb your movement thinks liberty is.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 04:49:35 AM »

EVIDENCE ?

It's kind of silly to deny your Trump support when you're constantly shilling for him. But I'll just leave it at this recent post:

Definitely. One can truly appreciate the silence from the Trump supporters on this forum.

If I recall correctly you supported physical bullying and strongarm tactics from the Trump campaign against reporters and you support Trump's ban on Muslims. At the very least, you're fine with these things since you support him. The paragraph you bolded is thus broadly speaking correct.

I know the modern fascist movement is very thin-skinned and whiny and don't like being called out on their views, but until you gain enough power to start executing your political opponents you'll have to live with freedom of speech being exercised against you, no matter how dumb your movement thinks liberty is.

Nothing there says definite trump supporter.  Ive defended that side when it was called for against the radical left.  Yes, I support and ban on muslims entering from areas of the world where the possibility of extremist terrorism could be an issue. At the very least I call for stringent screening.  If you researched enough of my posts you would've found that.    On a lighter note, I made the comment during the reporter thing as a sarcastic remark to others here slamming trumps campagain.

Like i said you need to claim down dude... you are imaging things that are not there.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2016, 06:23:15 AM »

EVIDENCE ?

Nothing there says definite trump supporter.  Ive defended that side when it was called for against the radical left.  Yes, I support and ban on muslims entering from areas of the world where the possibility of extremist terrorism could be an issue. At the very least I call for stringent screening.  If you researched enough of my posts you would've found that.    On a lighter note, I made the comment during the reporter thing as a sarcastic remark to others here slamming trumps campagain.

Like i said you need to claim down dude... you are imaging things that are not there.

It's not my job to research your posts. It's pretty clear that you back Trump and it's pretty clear what sort of views you espouse. I'm perfectly calm - it's you who is freaking out and turning to fascism because of your hysteria.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2016, 08:14:35 AM »

lmao.   This is crazy dude you do realize its a internet forum where you know almost zero about the other persona on the other side?

Only what you let others know about you. That is, that you are a semi-literate Nazi with a poor command of English language, who somehow claims to be an American.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2016, 09:23:31 AM »

Umm, Gustaf?

Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies