Clinton E-Mail Use Violated Rules, State Department Audit Finds
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:20:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton E-Mail Use Violated Rules, State Department Audit Finds
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Clinton E-Mail Use Violated Rules, State Department Audit Finds  (Read 7148 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/05/25/state-department-deals-death-blow-republican-partys-clinton-email-scandal.html
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 01:57:24 PM »

Unless Powell and Condi Rice are also reprimanded then this will look like nothing more than a partisan witch-hunt.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 01:57:30 PM »

Also from that link:

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »

She should step down as the presumptive nominee and, if she can, instruct her delegates to vote for

In order
1.Elizabeth Warren
2.Kirsten Gillibrand
3.Amy Klobuchar
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 02:43:42 PM »

Did other Secretaries of State create their own e-mail servers to get around record retention and disclosure laws?  I don't think so.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 02:44:36 PM »

She should step down as the presumptive nominee and, if she can, instruct her delegates to vote for

In order
1.Elizabeth Warren
2.Kirsten Gillibrand
3.Amy Klobuchar
lol
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 03:03:56 PM »

"But Republicans did it too". What a wonderful way to rebuild Hillary's reputation with the true lefties.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 03:11:17 PM »

None of those Republican Secretaries of State are running for President.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 03:13:32 PM »

She broke a "rule" not a "law".  Nothing is gonna happen.

The Federal Records Act, which the State Department says she violated, is a federal law. That's ridiculous spin right there.

And I can't believe her supporters are gonna use the argument "well, OTHER secretaries have done the same thing!" and therefore she's in the right and should get only a slap on the wrist. Gimme a break.

The shifting landscape of Hillary Clinton:

"I did nothing wrong..."

"I only did what other secretaries did..."

"I broke a rule, not a law..."

"I can run the country from federal prison..."

Who says Hillary can't evolve?
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 03:14:09 PM »

She broke a "rule" not a "law".  Nothing is gonna happen.

Fine, but the optics look real bad.

Didn't many people already think she broke some sort of rule or law by doing having a private email server? It's not like this wasn't a widely used talking point many months ago.

So, the optics already looked bad and this doesn't make it much worse? This is gonna be a rough year.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 03:32:41 PM »

Bernie Sanders was right when he said we were sick and tired of hearing about the damn e-mails.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 03:32:51 PM »

She broke a "rule" not a "law".  Nothing is gonna happen.

The Federal Records Act, which the State Department says she violated, is a federal law. That's ridiculous spin right there.

She didn't violate that law though. She ...
Important difference.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 03:52:13 PM »

Even if she didn't violate the law this does not bode well for her in the election. She's not going to convince anyone whose currently on the fence and Trump is going to rip into her over corruption. It really disgusts me that partisan hacks just can't acknowledge wrongdoing in principle regardless of which side is engaged in it.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 04:00:56 PM »

When she first took office with the Obama administration in 2009, the state department admits that it didn't fully adapt to "changing technology" so she didn't know. Most people don't care now. I see it a witch hunt.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 04:03:58 PM »

"But Republicans did it too". What a wonderful way to rebuild Hillary's reputation with the true lefties.

How about this: you've got a real message problem when the only thing you have to run on is the way somebody stored their emails.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »

Even if she didn't violate the law this does not bode well for her in the election. She's not going to convince anyone whose currently on the fence and Trump is going to rip into her over corruption. It really disgusts me that partisan hacks just can't acknowledge wrongdoing in principle regardless of which side is engaged in it.

I already mentioned if you like Hillary then this email thing doesn't matter. If you don't like Hillary then it does matter a great deal. Trump can rip into her all he wants, but he won't be the first. It's been a long history of that and Hillary is still standing. Why might that be?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 04:06:09 PM »

Did other Secretaries of State create their own e-mail servers to get around record retention and disclosure laws?  I don't think so.

If you are talking "motivation", then can you prove that her intention was to "get around record retention and disclosure laws"? I don't think you can, because her intention was convenience.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 04:06:28 PM »

If Hillary were a Republican then the Dems would be screaming about this while the Republicans wouldn't give a toss. That's a problem with having such a dominant two-party system.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 04:08:36 PM »

When she first took office with the Obama administration in 2009, the state department admits that it didn't fully adapt to "changing technology" so she didn't know. Most people don't care now. I see it a witch hunt.

Those who don't like Hillary are only seeing what they want to see, and to be fair, those of us who do like her are also seeing what we want to see. But I think it's important to get the facts straight, and also it's important to know just exactly who or what Hillary harmed by doing what she did.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 04:10:30 PM »

I already mentioned if you like Hillary then this email thing doesn't matter. If you don't like Hillary then it does matter a great deal. Trump can rip into her all he wants, but he won't be the first. It's been a long history of that and Hillary is still standing. Why might that be?

This reeks of elite privilege and it will be an issue. If a low-level employee did what she did they'd probably see the inside of a jail cell. Even though i'm a Bernie supporter I've never gone after Hillary over the nonsense fake scandals but this one is real and serious. Your right, if you support Hillary it's not an issue and if you don't it is but for those currently on the fence I think it will sway enough to tip the election to Trump which terrifies me.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 04:14:02 PM »

Hillary is blowing this whole election and her hacks are too delusional to see this
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 04:17:08 PM »

If you are talking "motivation", then can you prove that her intention was to "get around record retention and disclosure laws"? I don't think you can, because her intention was convenience.

Hillary Clinton destroyed government property by deleting and not turning over work-related e-mails asked for in the investigation.  The IG basically confrims this.  And if Hillary Clinton's intention was "convenience", why is there an e-mail of Clinton saying that she used the server so that "personal" e-mails (as defined by her) wouldn't get retained by the government.

Sorry.  Most employees are perfectly capable of maintaing separate e-mail accounts for work and personal matters.  It's not rocket science.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2016, 04:18:57 PM »

Hillary is blowing this whole election and her hacks are too delusional to see this

How is she blowing the election? There is a complexity about her on many levels, and there are many accomplishments she has made over the course of many years. Are you compartmentalizing her into a tiny box because of the email situation?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2016, 04:20:36 PM »

How about this: you've got a real message problem when the only thing you have to run on is the way somebody stored their emails.

Yup. Hillary's otherwise perfect record has certainly helped her win all of the Democrat primaries against a cranky old fringe nut who isn't even a Democrat. Guess that also explains her high approval ratings.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2016, 04:20:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies