Clinton E-Mail Use Violated Rules, State Department Audit Finds
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:43:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton E-Mail Use Violated Rules, State Department Audit Finds
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Clinton E-Mail Use Violated Rules, State Department Audit Finds  (Read 7098 times)
Pandaguineapig
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2016, 04:25:07 PM »

Hillary is blowing this whole election and her hacks are too delusional to see this

How is she blowing the election? There is a complexity about her on many levels, and there are many accomplishments she has made over the course of many years. Are you compartmentalizing her into a tiny box because of the email situation?
She was already was planning a run while SOS so she should have known not to pull this stunt, I don't think you realize she has fallen into a tie with DONALD TRUMP, as with her "accomplishments" being female and being married to someone important are not achievements
bumpercrop
Rookie

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »

No one cares about the emails anymore.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »

Clinton hacks don't about the emails anymore.
Ftfy
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2016, 04:38:41 PM »

https://youtu.be/BrBXcKcviuc
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 04:39:45 PM »

Hillary is blowing this whole election and her hacks are too delusional to see this

How is she blowing the election? There is a complexity about her on many levels, and there are many accomplishments she has made over the course of many years. Are you compartmentalizing her into a tiny box because of the email situation?
She was already was planning a run while SOS so she should have known not to pull this stunt, I don't think you realize she has fallen into a tie with DONALD TRUMP, as with her "accomplishments" being female and being married to someone important are not achievements

Can you prove that Hillary was planning to run while still Sec of State? She never said it. You can assume something all you want but that doesn't make it true. And if you can't see that she accomplished quite a lot in her life in the political arena -- if you see that her only achievements have been to be married to Bill and be a female -- then you aren't anyone worth talking to in my book. ;-)

And at this point in the election cycle, with Hillary still fighting Bernie and not being named the presumptive nominee yet, and with Trump running unopposed, speculation is pretty meaningless.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2016, 04:39:49 PM »

Rules are only for little people.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2016, 04:40:40 PM »

No one cares about the emails anymore.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2016, 04:44:54 PM »

Can you prove that Hillary was planning to run while still Sec of State? She never said it. You can assume something all you want but that doesn't make it true. And if you can't see that she accomplished quite a lot in her life in the political arena -- if you see that her only achievements have been to be married to Bill and be a female -- then you aren't anyone worth talking to in my book. ;-)

And at this point in the election cycle, with Hillary still fighting Bernie and not being named the presumptive nominee yet, and with Trump running unopposed, speculation is pretty meaningless.
Look anybody who isn't a total Clinton hack can see she has been plotting her own run since 1998 the SOS was a stepping stone and her pr centric tenure is pretty good proof, as far as her "accomplishments" is there anything concrete she actually did as a senator and SOS (besides racking up frequent flyer miles, or destabilizing Syria and northern Africa😊)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2016, 04:55:30 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 04:57:36 PM by Virginia »

That's what I've been saying. I really don't care much about this faux-scandal, but how could she be so stupid and oblivious to the effect such an action would have? Honestly, I do actually believe that Hillary either thinks she is above it all or that she legitimately has no ability to gauge how her actions will be perceived by the public. Since I don't know her personally, I obviously can't say for sure but I would guess it would be a mix of the two.

That being said, this whole outrage over this fake scandal is ridiculous. Give her a slap on the wrist and move on. Its freakin emails for gods sake, and she was authorized to possess classified materials she interacted with. I don't necessarily approve of the private email server but it doesn't warrant this much attention at all.

If Hillary were a Republican then the Dems would be screaming about this while the Republicans wouldn't give a toss. That's a problem with having such a dominant two-party system.

Pretty much. This whole issue is being drummed up for partisan purposes. Does anyone seriously believe Republicans would have a committee investigating a high-profile Republican presidential hopeful for years, then preparing a report right before their presidential election? Please.

This idea applies equally to politicians and regular joes as well. Many (not all, obviously) Democrats downplay it while many Republicans over-hype it. It's so freakin obvious. And yes, for the record, you could construe my post as downplaying it, but I legitimately feel this is a non-scandal regardless of what party the SoS in question would be from.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2016, 04:58:24 PM »

So, essentially this "scandal" is confirmed as not really a big deal?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »

Give her a slap on the wrist and move on.

That's the FBI's job to slap her on the wrist with a felony indictment.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2016, 05:19:21 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 05:21:09 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

Or maybe someone will give you a slap in the face and you'll wake up.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2016, 05:29:43 PM »

Does it hurt? Knowing that no matter how hard you try she will never love you back
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2016, 05:31:13 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 07:44:28 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

Does it hurt? Knowing that no matter how hard you try she will never love you back

You can taste the Dem hack panic.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2016, 05:55:36 PM »

They cited Hillary, Powell, Rice, and 300+ other high-level government officials for this.  The report specifically cited “longstanding, systemic weaknesses” with records that go beyond the tenure of any one Secretary of State.

This is the equivalent of getting a write-up at work and then the boss calling a meeting to remind everyone of proper technology use going forward.

So in a month no one will care about this anymore, and this won't change anyone's vote in November. People who will hold this against her aren't voting for her anyways.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2016, 05:59:25 PM »

They cited Hillary, Powell, Rice, and 300+ other high-level government officials for this.  The report specifically cited “longstanding, systemic weaknesses” with records that go beyond the tenure of any one Secretary of State.

This is the equivalent of getting a write-up at work and then the boss calling a meeting to remind everyone of proper technology use going forward.

So in a month no one will care about this anymore, and this won't change anyone's vote in November. People who will hold this against her aren't voting for her anyways.

This is Atlas.

1. People love to panic or fret
2. The Hillary haters need this, despite hundreds of others, and the department itself and other former SOS being called on for being too slow to adapt its record-keeping measures... it actually means nothing - there's nothing criminal here (people's deeply limited understanding of that is on full display)
3. Atlasites very often hate murkiness and grey-areas. 
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »

She certainly learnt about Microsoft Exchange Server the hard way.

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2016, 06:35:13 PM »

Just goes to show that Hillary Clinton is as crooked as they come.    This shows a lack of judgment and an above the law attitude.   

I think independents will decide in the end that electing the Clinton's is just too much Corruption .
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2016, 06:45:41 PM »

Just goes to show that Hillary Clinton is as crooked as they come.    This shows a lack of judgment and an above the law attitude.   

I think independents will decide in the end that electing the Clinton's is just too much Corruption .

Did you actually read the summary of the audit or fish out the bits you like? This actually isn't about Clinton, it's about the State Department being behind the times and providing sub-par advice to the last three Secretaries of State.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2016, 07:04:48 PM »

Did you actually read the summary of the audit or fish out the bits you like? This actually isn't about Clinton, it's about the State Department being behind the times and providing sub-par advice to the last three Secretaries of State.

Its ridiculous that you Hillary hacks are trying to spin this as a "everbody else does it" . That's not the point right now she under a damn FBI investigation something Powell wasn't btw.  Really this Is the person you want as president? 

As if we need a Corrupt  politician in the white house we already have enough of them in other houses.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2016, 07:32:51 PM »

Well, this report is a f'ing disaster.

I know you guys know I love to fret but I usually fret about future outcomes. I often defend Clinton on substantive matters.

First of all, this isn't a case of "everybody else does it." No one else does it. Secretary Powell used a personal e-mail address exclusively yes, but that was installed for him by the Department staff, so it has the imprimatur of bureaucratic approval. Also, the relevant rule in the Department Manual was not promulgated until 2005. The rule clearly distinguishes Clinton's situation from the "300+ other high-level government officials" who use personal e-mail for government business. It states that normal day-to-day operations are to be conducted on an approved electronic platform. Clinton's platform was not approved.

Yes, it is true that Department IT staff, including senior bureaucratic staff, were involved in discussions of her e-mail system and sent e-mails to her private e-mail. And some IT staff, including senior bureaucratic staff, were aware that she used a private e-mail server.

However, this appears to be a matter of bureaucratic staff not having the will to stand up to the Secretary and say, "No, this is against the rules." Complicating this is the fact that there was no precedent of any Secretary using a government e-mail address. So who is going to say, well there's this obscure rule in the Department Manual that prohibits a private e-mail server, to the Secretary? Apparently no one. Granted, many Manual rules (such as those requiring e-mails be printed and filed) were widely flaunted, but the report highlights that the Ambassador to Kenya was disciplined in part over this particular rule.

But worst of all is the part where there's an e-mail from the Executive Secretariat mentioning FOIA requests as a factor in whether to set up a government e-mail addresses for Clinton. This suggests he believed that she was using a private e-mail in part to skirt FOIA requests. There's a reason why the probability of an indictment is up 6 percentage points on PredictIt today.

Needless to say I am furious at the Secretary. This election is about us, not her, and I supported her because I thought she was the best candidate for us. Now I am not so sure. John Edwards proves that sometimes people who others invest a lot in, have a reckless disregard for the hopes of their own supporters.

So congrats, Clinton haters, you win. When/if Clinton is indicted then I would support her delegates to draft Warren, but the Sanders folks would make a strong pitch to take over the party. In any case I am probably out of discussing politics on forums for the cycle. I have a personal life, and this just exacerbates my neurotic tendencies.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2016, 07:37:37 PM »

Yawn.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2016, 07:40:53 PM »

Well, this report is a f'ing disaster.

I know you guys know I love to fret but I usually fret about future outcomes. I often defend Clinton on substantive matters.

First of all, this isn't a case of "everybody else does it." No one else does it. Secretary Powell used a personal e-mail address exclusively yes, but that was installed for him by the Department staff, so it has the imprimatur of bureaucratic approval. Also, the relevant rule in the Department Manual was not promulgated until 2005. The rule clearly distinguishes Clinton's situation from the "300+ other high-level government officials" who use personal e-mail for government business. It states that normal day-to-day operations are to be conducted on an approved electronic platform. Clinton's platform was not approved.

Yes, it is true that Department IT staff, including senior bureaucratic staff, were involved in discussions of her e-mail system and sent e-mails to her private e-mail. And some IT staff, including senior bureaucratic staff, were aware that she used a private e-mail server.

However, this appears to be a matter of bureaucratic staff not having the will to stand up to the Secretary and say, "No, this is against the rules." Complicating this is the fact that there was no precedent of any Secretary using a government e-mail address. So who is going to say, well there's this obscure rule in the Department Manual that prohibits a private e-mail server, to the Secretary? Apparently no one. Granted, many Manual rules (such as those requiring e-mails be printed and filed) were widely flaunted, but the report highlights that the Ambassador to Kenya was disciplined in part over this particular rule.

But worst of all is the part where there's an e-mail from the Executive Secretariat mentioning FOIA requests as a factor in whether to set up a government e-mail addresses for Clinton. This suggests he believed that she was using a private e-mail in part to skirt FOIA requests. There's a reason why the probability of an indictment is up 6 percentage points on PredictIt today.

Needless to say I am furious at the Secretary. This election is about us, not her, and I supported her because I thought she was the best candidate for us. Now I am not so sure. John Edwards proves that sometimes people who others invest a lot in, have a reckless disregard for the hopes of their own supporters.

So congrats, Clinton haters, you win. When/if Clinton is indicted then I would support her delegates to draft Warren, but the Sanders folks would make a strong pitch to take over the party. In any case I am probably out of discussing politics on forums for the cycle. I have a personal life, and this just exacerbates my neurotic tendencies.

Chill.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2016, 07:47:55 PM »

The report also says that Department employees are required by rule to sign a form that indicates they have surrendered all records, but that of Albright, Powell, Rice and Clinton, none of them were asked to sign the form. So you could have a defense that says, yes, the Secretary was above the Foreign Affairs Manual rules, but so were all of the Secretaries. So it was more a matter of undue deference given to the position, than a character of Clinton herself.

The Executive Secretariat's FOIA comments are what is most worrying vis-a-vis indictment that I can see right now.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2016, 08:03:56 PM »

She didn't violate that law though. She ...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Important difference.

I see no difference. In this case, policy means the same thing as law, and rule means the same thing as law. You're making the terms out to mean completely different things when you're just using a euphemism for violating a federal act. It's like when you guys made the investigation sound better by labeling it as a "security inquiry", only for that to be discredited.

And really, don't turn to the argument of "well, past secretaries did it. What's the big deal?" None of those past secretaries are running for president. And does the fact Clinton was just plain negligent about her handling of the emails really make her an ideal candidate? Or are we just gonna forgive her for it like the laundry list of "mistakes" and "accidents" in the past?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies