Kingpoleon for Governor of Franklin: AN INDEPENDENT-MINDED LEADER FOR THE FUTURE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:49:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Kingpoleon for Governor of Franklin: AN INDEPENDENT-MINDED LEADER FOR THE FUTURE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kingpoleon for Governor of Franklin: AN INDEPENDENT-MINDED LEADER FOR THE FUTURE  (Read 1762 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2016, 04:29:41 PM »

"My fellow Atlasians, my fellow Northeasterners, my fellow Franklinites, I have seen a great many things in my time here. Many astonishing events have come to pass, and many milestones have been achieved. I have met up with an old friend, Senator Kent. I have made many new ones - Truman, Leinad, Blair, Cris are the highest of these. Abraham Washington, cxs018, and NHI are some not as well known as the others but just as important.

"I have learned that almost everyone here donates something to Atlasia, and I like to think it's my turn. I am not beholden to any party which calls for gridlock and inactivity when something it doesn't support seems popular. My allies are everyday Atlasians and bigwigs alike. I know that deep down, the Northeast, or, should I say, Franklin, does not like this inactivity.

"We have given the party of the Federalists a chance. I believe they have given us inactivity at the best. I intend to sign all the acts we have been waiting on, write new ones, and weigh in on other new ones others propose. I will not lead from behind, but I also do not believe in leading from the front. A true leader is one who leads from the middle and allows any man who wants to to shoot at him. It is one who walks alongside his herd and suggests and supports what he think best, not forces what he thinks best.

"I believe I am capable of listening to everyone's opinion and not discounting it. I believe I am capable of compromising when necessary and acting when action is needed. I consider myself unique as a leader, in terms of both personality and style. If ever I am too ideological, I am a quiet ideologue. My positions I doubt are checked and balanced by my fellow elected officials, whom I trust.

"I therefore ask for your support as I enter the race for Franklin. I consider myself a leader for the future Atlasia and hopefully a model Governor. I will debate anyone who wishes to debate me, whether they are a candidate or not. I will interview anyone who wishes to interview me. I will speak and reply. I ask that the press cover this well and with any citizen who wishes to discuss this, as this is not my election but the citizen's election! God bless you, God bless Franklin, God bless Atlasia, and God bless the New Constitution!"
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 04:32:49 PM »

Endorsed! Glad to see someone taking up my "Franklin" proposal. Smiley
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »

Good to see you taking up the name of Franklin.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 04:49:58 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2016, 09:02:25 PM by Northeast Assemblyman Kingpoleon »

Endorsements:
Laborites:
Sen. Harry S. Truman(North)
Former Vice President Kalwejt
Registrar General 1184AZ(West)

Federalists:
Former Northeast Speaker Abraham Washington
Former Northeast Assemblyman NHI
Mr. Santander(South)

Independents/Others:
Former Speaker of the Senate Cris

Organizations:
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 08:42:45 AM »

I enthusiastically throw my support behind you.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 08:47:01 AM »

Endorsed!
Angrie

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 11:25:05 AM »

A true leader is one who leads from the middle and allows any man who wants to to shoot at him.

Emphasis added.

Can women shoot too?

Given this questionable phrasing, and as a voter who is still low-information, but gradually becoming more informed, what can you say to reassure me as to your stance on women's rights and equality? I will not support any candidate who does not support a basic threshold level of women's rights and equality.

What is your basic agenda as Governor?
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »

Wishing you the best of luck. A pretty good rematch. hahaha
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 01:58:08 AM »

A true leader is one who leads from the middle and allows any man who wants to to shoot at him.

Emphasis added.

Can women shoot too?

Given this questionable phrasing, and as a voter who is still low-information, but gradually becoming more informed, what can you say to reassure me as to your stance on women's rights and equality? I will not support any candidate who does not support a basic threshold level of women's rights and equality.

What is your basic agenda as Governor?
Is that a threat? I suppose I oppose banning guns from women, but to be honest, I think God gave men guns to make it an equal fight against women.

I'm not a supporter of feminism, but gender egalitarianism. I'm a regional pro-choicer, but that's not really a feminine issue to me. Personally, I think my ideas of economic growth, streamlining regulations, and increasing revenue allows us to continue the prosperity under Blair we have seen before.

Wishing you the best of luck. A pretty good rematch. hahaha
I think we were both pretty scared at different points in the voting. I wish you good luck, but not too much. Wink
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 07:05:30 PM »

I ask that someone be willing to host a debate between myself and Governor RGN.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 07:07:29 PM »

Endorsed!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 07:50:33 PM »

I ask that someone be willing to host a debate between myself and Governor RGN.
I would be willing too!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 03:44:27 AM »

I'm more than happy to endorse Kingpoleon for Governor of Franklin. He's one of the most active players; and will be at the front of the efforts to reform government. Throughout the whole time I've known him in Atlasia he's always been active, policy orientated and fair headed. We need an active Governor in the North
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 03:50:20 AM »

"Pheebs?"

Anyway, you still have my full support.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 10:34:56 AM »

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 01:28:29 PM »

Laborites, feel free to withdraw endorsements publicly now that one of your own is in the race. No offense, but I don't want fake endorsements on my list.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 01:56:21 PM »

Well, I already endorsed Maxwell. Unendorsed, but I do hope you poll well.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 01:57:19 PM »

Unendorsed.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 05:08:42 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2016, 05:57:01 PM by LLR »

Maintain Redact my endorsement.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 06:36:39 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2016, 03:52:26 PM by Northeast Assemblyman Kingpoleon »

Kingpoleon at his speech

"Hello, my fellow Northerners! Recently, it has come to my attention that this campaign needs to be more issues based. I believe that issues are what we ought to focus on, and I'd encourage my fellow candidates to declare what they want to accomplish.

"With that said, let me begin by saying that I'd like to push for universal healthcare, preferably without any mandates on individuals. I believe that we must do this not because I want a welfare state, but because we cannot allow our citizens to die in the streets. I ask that you also support this, and in doing so inform the system if or when there is a problem found.

"Furthermore, by the time 2020 rolls around, I would have this region at a sixteen dollar minimum wage. Is it a little radical? Yes. However, the North will be the richest region. We can either continue to be so and provide top wages to even the lowliest citizens, or we can have a lower quality of living for the average working poor family. While I might prefer $17.50, I don't believe that we can reduce inflation enough if we raise it that much.

"Thirdly, we need to keep a balanced budget. I have spending increases, but I intend to set the gas tax to 79.9 cents. This, combined with a $1.25 diesel gas tax, will allow most procedures to continue being funded properly. I intend to reinstitute the Northern Security Force in a manner similar to our now dissolved Northeast one. These actions will increase the security of both our land and our budget.

"Lastly, regulatory reform, regulatory reform, regulatory reform. In an act similar to the one I wrote in the Northeast, four CEOs, four labor union leaders, and four retired workers from major industries will work side by side. Working for them will be former regulatory bureaucratic aides and a person nominated by the Governor to chair the Regulatory Committee. I'd like to see someone like Poirot, smoltchanov, bore, or cinyc at this position.

"Thank you for coming out tonight and listening to my speech. This will not be the last speech I make, and I look forward to an upcoming debate with my fellow candidates. I ask that all of you watch and participate in commentary. To those of you undecided, I hope that you will make the right choice, and I hope I am the right choice. This will not be our last time together!"

Edit: Feel free to withdraw endorsements still
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 02:13:37 AM »

Endorsed.

Kingpoleon is an active, capable Atlasian, an independent voice who'll do the best for the region of Franklin. He'll be able to achieve good and common-sense results for the North.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »

Endorsed for second preference. While ideologically I align more with RGN, I've known Kingpoleon for a while, and I believe that, should it come to this, he would be a more than capable Governor for the region.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2016, 12:07:59 AM by Committeewoman Peebs »

With Maxwell dropping out of the race for governor, barring a new Laborite running, I will re-endorse you for the time being.

EDIT: With Flo running, I have decided to unendorse yet again.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 07:15:31 PM »

Endorsed!!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 12:27:36 AM »

Unlike the flip-flopping Laborites, my endorsements are permanent. I supported you at the Labor convention, and despite switching registration, my support stands. (not that I can vote for you, but still)

Endorsed.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies