Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:12:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it  (Read 8874 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 02:05:41 AM »

Am I wrong for thinking this is a sh**tty move?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 02:12:23 AM »

Really depends on how Sanders approaches it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 02:18:15 AM »

Let's say that TRUMP starts ranting against "crooked Hillary". What's Sanders response?
He either disagrees and looks like a hypocrite or agrees and looks like an asshole and a sore loser.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 02:22:20 AM »

Let's say that TRUMP starts ranting against "crooked Hillary". What's Sanders response?
He either disagrees and looks like a hypocrite or agrees and looks like an asshole and a sore loser.

http://www.today.com/video/bernie-sanders-trump-s-crooked-hillary-name-is-an-ugly-statement-668250179706
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 02:27:30 AM »

http://www.today.com/video/bernie-sanders-trump-s-crooked-hillary-name-is-an-ugly-statement-668250179706

So he is a hypocrite since his entire campaign was based on the fact that Clinton is in the pocket of Wall Street and other special interests.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 03:00:08 AM »

Yeah, this is the problem in a nutshell. Trump will likely spend most of the debate going after Hillary, which puts Sanders in a strange position, to put it mildly. However, he has my blessing if he intends to defend Hillary forcefully.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 03:21:21 AM »

If Sanders is smart, he'll go in there A) willing to be really aggressive and almost nasty to Trump in shutting down whatever bullsh**t he says immediately - none of this Bernie Mr. Nice guy sh**t from some of the earlier Hillary debates - and B) find out a way to turn every attack on Hillary into a scathing reversal on Trump, which really shouldn't be too hard.

For instance, any attempts to say that Hillary is corrupt could immediately mention Trump's long, long history of bribing politicians in New York City and beyond to get tax breaks, his association with the mafia, ripping people off at Trump university, etc.

The issue is that he needs to rehearse these transitions to make sure that they aren't awkward and carry maximum punch.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 03:25:32 AM »

I'm all in favor of this! I can't wait to watch the Donald eviscerate Senile Sanders just like he did to all the other lightweights. Maybe he's doing Hillary a favor by doing this? Who knew?!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 03:35:39 AM »

Yeah, this is the problem in a nutshell. Trump will likely spend most of the debate going after Hillary, which puts Sanders in a strange position, to put it mildly. However, he has my blessing if he intends to defend Hillary forcefully.

He might just say "That's for the FBI to decide", and move on, which avoids either being a hypocrite or an asshole.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 03:37:47 AM »

So he is a hypocrite since his entire campaign was based on the fact that Clinton is in the pocket of Wall Street and other special interests.

It is possible to criticize people without resorting to childish name-calling (as amusing as I personally some Trump's nicknames for the other candidates).
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 03:38:51 AM »

No, it wasn't really.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 04:53:11 AM »

Trump will find an excuse to dodge this debate.
dax00

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 06:13:27 AM »

Fantastic! I wholly approve of this debate. It would annihilate all the shills's arguments against Bernie's performance facing Trump head-on.

And Trump would not turn it down.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 07:17:22 AM »

You guys are fooling yourselves if this doesn't help Bernie/Trump. It distracts media attraction away from Clinton being the presumptive nominee, it gives Bernie a chance to show the Democrats he's a formidable opponent in the general election, and it gives Trump his first opportunity in a few months to bash Hillary for two hours straight.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 07:18:18 AM »

this is just an audition for Bernie as Hillary's VP
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 07:50:51 AM »

this is just an audition for Bernie as Hillary's VP

There are a number of reasons why that won't happen.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 08:15:18 AM »

Clinton (and her supporters) do not get to complain about this. If it happens (Trump is a lying coward, after all), it's her own fault:

"No presidential debate in California after Clinton breaks promise"
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/No-presidential-debate-in-California-after-7941052.php
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2016, 08:53:16 AM »

This is perfect for Trump. If he wins, it's the Trump magic all over again and he reinforces his air of invincibility, plus gets attention to himself which he always loves. If he loses, and helps Bernie win the California primary, he gets to mock Hillary over not being able to 'close to the deal' and hopes Bernie's people riot at the convention. By that point he'll probably have a double digit lead in the polls. I wouldn't even be surprised if he deliberately loses this one, or frames his arguments in a way that makes Bernie look good to Democrats.

Bernie is playing right into his trap.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2016, 08:56:55 AM »

I don't mind this.  This is a good opportunity for Sanders to demonstrate to his supporters that aren't sure about Clinton how different he and Trump actually are.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 09:22:22 AM »

Clinton (and her supporters) do not get to complain about this. If it happens (Trump is a lying coward, after all), it's her own fault:

"No presidential debate in California after Clinton breaks promise"
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/No-presidential-debate-in-California-after-7941052.php

I think it makes sense to not waste time on debates at a point when the race is over. Sanders should have dropped out by now, that he insists on still staying in isn't a reason for Clinton to humor his nonsense.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 09:31:13 AM »

I think it makes sense to not waste time on debates at a point when the race is over. Sanders should have dropped out by now, that he insists on still staying in isn't a reason for Clinton to humor his nonsense.

Yeah, it's not like Clinton did the same thing by refusing to drop out until June back in 2008.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24953561/ns/politics-decision_08/t/clinton-refuses-concede-nomination/

Besides, this debate is gonna be the political equivalent of Wrestlemania and take up all of the news coverage leading up to it. And Clinton's gonna be stuck on the sidelines as this IG audit haunts her campaign leading up to California. It's the perfect storm for her.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 09:37:07 AM »

Yeah, it's not like Clinton did the same thing by refusing to drop out until June back in 2008.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24953561/ns/politics-decision_08/t/clinton-refuses-concede-nomination/

And a debate didn't happen back then either.
Thanks for reminding us.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2016, 09:54:49 AM »

Trump will find an excuse to dodge this debate.

Me, the Most Right Person in the History of this Board Strikes Again!!!!

It's getting to the point where I am beginning to suspect I should be president myself. The only problem is too many sex scandals. And with beautiful women too. 10s. Not these 8s and 9s Trump gets. Real genuine 10s.  Oh well, your loss Amerrica.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2016, 10:00:05 AM »

Besides, this debate is gonna be the political equivalent of Wrestlemania and take up all of the news coverage leading up to it. And Clinton's gonna be stuck on the sidelines as this IG audit haunts her campaign leading up to California. It's the perfect storm for her.

Yeah, maybe if Bernie does really well in the debate he can lose by 200 delegates instead of 300-400. I'm sure Hillary is quaking in her heels at the thought.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 10:02:35 AM »

Hahahaha!!! The senile old fart from Vermont was fooled again.
What an embarrassment. Imagine him running in the general.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/735830924164620288

Multiple sources tell @Cbsnews that Trump was kidding about debating Sanders & it will never happen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies