Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:10:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it  (Read 8972 times)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« on: May 26, 2016, 07:17:22 AM »

You guys are fooling yourselves if this doesn't help Bernie/Trump. It distracts media attraction away from Clinton being the presumptive nominee, it gives Bernie a chance to show the Democrats he's a formidable opponent in the general election, and it gives Trump his first opportunity in a few months to bash Hillary for two hours straight.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:31:13 AM »

I think it makes sense to not waste time on debates at a point when the race is over. Sanders should have dropped out by now, that he insists on still staying in isn't a reason for Clinton to humor his nonsense.

Yeah, it's not like Clinton did the same thing by refusing to drop out until June back in 2008.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24953561/ns/politics-decision_08/t/clinton-refuses-concede-nomination/

Besides, this debate is gonna be the political equivalent of Wrestlemania and take up all of the news coverage leading up to it. And Clinton's gonna be stuck on the sidelines as this IG audit haunts her campaign leading up to California. It's the perfect storm for her.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:51:58 AM »

I won't believe the "unnamed sources" until I actually hear it from Trump himself. And I don't know why he would considering it's basically more free exposure for him regardless of whether Bernie "wins" the debate.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 11:13:52 AM »

ITT: Posters jumping on rumors from unknown sources about Trump backing out without any official word directly from Trump's campaign.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281378-aide-trump-happy-to-debate-sanders

Trump is apparently still willing to debate him. So it's still on...for now.

Meanwhile, #BernieTrumpDebate was trending at the top on Twitter for a few hours this morning and all the major news networks are fighting for the rights to broadcast it.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 01:16:38 PM »

I'm sure they do. It's hard these days to find a good comedy.

They can just find the Atlas forums!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJF7k5cFQEQ
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 01:51:40 PM »

Trump just confirmed that he still wants to do it, with the charity stipulation.

Man, those anonymous sources sure were reliable, guys.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »

Once again showing that Trump can't think before he speaks. He literally could've shot down the idea of a debate when Bernie first suggested it to him, but now he looks like a chicken who's afraid of Bernie.

Good luck to him getting those #BernieOrBust votes now, who I guess will just begrudgingly support Clinton if she's still on track to become the Dem nominee after this email mess. What a low-energy move. Sad!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies