Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:35:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it  (Read 9045 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« on: May 26, 2016, 10:33:05 AM »

All Sanders did was show he's the only candidate left not dodging a debate. Both Trump and Hillary running away from him now. He'll still lose though.

Hillary and Trump both won or tied all (or all but the CNN one with Carly in Trump's case) of the debates they were in.  Bernie didn't win any debates.  I'm sure they're not afraid of him.  The problem is that he can hurt either of them in the real game whereas a victory over him only helps them in the imaginary game against him.  It'd be like if the Panthers took a break from the superbowl to go play the Cowboys, but every point the Cowboys scored went to the Broncos.  Sure, they'll win 42-7 or something, but that 42 doesn't count for anything because the game with the Cowboys doesn't count, while the 7 points to the Broncos could matter a whole hell of a lot.  It's not cowardice to turn down such a silly deal, and it definitely wouldn't be because the Panthers were afraid of the Cowboys.

I thought it was fairly obvious that Bernie won the Miami debate.

I honestly don't remember that debate at all.  Is that the one where they did it on a college campus and Sanders' supporters wouldn't stop screaming and clapping and cheering his name the entire time and they chanted for five minutes as soon as the closing statements ended?  I remember there was a debate like that and people said Bernie won at first based on the "enthusiasm of the crowd" and then within a few days it became just another tie.

That was the Brooklyn one. It was a bit much.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:22:49 AM »

I'll believe the journalists who've spoken to campaign insiders.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 03:33:58 PM »

There will be no debate.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 11:35:56 PM »

Just because Trump is too chicken to debate Bernie doesn't mean he'd be too chicken to debate Hillary. That might be the other way around. Trump only debates people can he can beat.

I mean... he has to debate Hillary in the fall... that's how these things work, jfern. They've both won their party's nominations.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies