Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:47:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it  (Read 8963 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: May 26, 2016, 04:53:11 AM »

Trump will find an excuse to dodge this debate.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:54:49 AM »

Trump will find an excuse to dodge this debate.

Me, the Most Right Person in the History of this Board Strikes Again!!!!

It's getting to the point where I am beginning to suspect I should be president myself. The only problem is too many sex scandals. And with beautiful women too. 10s. Not these 8s and 9s Trump gets. Real genuine 10s.  Oh well, your loss Amerrica.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:08:44 AM »

Hahahaha!!! The senile old fart from Vermont was fooled again.
What an embarrassment. Imagine him running in the general.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/735830924164620288

Multiple sources tell @Cbsnews that Trump was kidding about debating Sanders & it will never happen.

You and everyone here except me, the resident genius, were the senile old farts that were fooled into thinking this was ever happening.

Am I wrong for thinking this is a sh**tty move?

Really depends on how Sanders approaches it.

Let's say that TRUMP starts ranting against "crooked Hillary". What's Sanders response?
He either disagrees and looks like a hypocrite or agrees and looks like an asshole and a sore loser.

All Sanders did was show he's the only candidate left not dodging a debate. Both Trump and Hillary running away from him now. He'll still lose though.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:31:24 AM »

All Sanders did was show he's the only candidate left not dodging a debate. Both Trump and Hillary running away from him now. He'll still lose though.

Hillary and Trump both won or tied all (or all but the CNN one with Carly in Trump's case) of the debates they were in.  Bernie didn't win any debates.  I'm sure they're not afraid of him.  The problem is that he can hurt either of them in the real game whereas a victory over him only helps them in the imaginary game against him.  It'd be like if the Panthers took a break from the superbowl to go play the Cowboys, but every point the Cowboys scored went to the Broncos.  Sure, they'll win 42-7 or something, but that 42 doesn't count for anything because the game with the Cowboys doesn't count, while the 7 points to the Broncos could matter a whole hell of a lot.  It's not cowardice to turn down such a silly deal, and it definitely wouldn't be because the Panthers were afraid of the Cowboys.

Good analogy but that's why I knew Trump's people would talk him out of doing this. (Also, Bernie would do much better against Trump than Cowboys against Panthers.)

The last thing Trump needed was to see the diehard Sanders supporters, now riled up against Hillary, to tune in en masse and get riled up by Bernie against him and help unify Democrats. Bernie will endorse Hillary in a few weeks or at the convention and maybe will eventually do a bit of what Warren is doing now. But it'd be a whole other mess for Trump to have a massive national audience, with many Bernie Bros, watch Bernie fight with him and make him look like a phony. For the same reason, I don't think Hillary was ever all that worried about this hurting her if Trump was crazy enough to go through with it.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 03:28:59 PM »

Bernie is out of his league with Trumpdedump, but Bernie has stars in his eyes and is enjoying being in the spotlight now. I'd never watch that debate, however. Absolutely no interest.

Of course you would watch it. So would everyone here. But we won't because Trump won't let it happen.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 06:59:06 PM »

Imagine if Hillary debated Mccain in 08
She was never that desperate to win.

Your memory fails you on that one. She was a lot like Bernie is now. Except her and Obama had debated about three times as much as her and Sanders have this time.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »

There is no bigger coward then Donald Trump. Hardly shocking he made this decision.

Everyone here thought this debate would happen except me who said Trump would dodge.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies