Bill Clinton Gets Into 30-Minute Debate With A 24-Year-Old Bernie Fan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:40:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bill Clinton Gets Into 30-Minute Debate With A 24-Year-Old Bernie Fan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill Clinton Gets Into 30-Minute Debate With A 24-Year-Old Bernie Fan  (Read 1136 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2016, 07:57:21 AM »

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/bill-clinton-ends-up-in-30-minute-debate-vs-a-24-year-old-be?utm_term=.djJqML6Zb#.fwzRjqBXx

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The full article, especially the pictures of Clinton at the dinner table, are hilarious.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 08:02:23 AM »

What is it with Bill Clinton acting weird on the campaign trail this election cycle?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:06:26 AM »

I think Bill may be going a little senile.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 08:09:45 AM »

What is it with Bill Clinton acting weird on the campaign trail this election cycle?

TBH he's been extremely sensitive about his record back since circa-2002 when hacks on Fox News were blaming him for 9-11.  Recently there's been another flare-up of criticism being sent his way, this time on economic and race issues.

He's really amusing in this story, but almost as good is the sanctimonious jfern-esque Bernie supporter straight out of central casting who just graduated from the New School and plans on voting for Jill Stein.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 08:10:38 AM »

FF. Keep fighting the good fight, Bill.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 09:40:40 AM »

I don't get what's wrong here. The Bernie Bro was spouting far-left talking points and Clinton corrected him.
Being an idealist doesn't mean that everyone should accept your version of reality.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 09:52:40 AM »

I don't get what's wrong here. The Bernie Bro was spouting far-left talking points and Clinton corrected him.
Being an idealist doesn't mean that everyone should accept your version of reality.

It seems like a waste of time to spend 30 minutes debating a random guy that is going to vote for an anti-vax GMO conspiracy theorist nutjob. Jill Stein is a mirror image of Jim Inhofe. I'm sure they could bond over their denial of scientific facts.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 10:30:32 AM »

When I saw him the other day, it was a pretty normal event (unfortunately). It was still pretty neat though.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 10:53:45 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2016, 10:56:01 AM by ascott »

I think a small part of it is boredom.  For the most part, it's pride.  The man has seen half his legacy repudiated throughout this entire primary, much in part from his own wife.  The kind of party that he helped build is going in an entirely different direction than he probably would have wanted.  He has had to outright apologize for major decisions made during his presidency, and he has little he can personally boast about besides an economic boom which he had virtually no control over in the first place.

Old Bill probably deserves some sympathy here.
Angrie

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »

I think Bill may be going a little senile.

It's his way.

Hillary needs to lock bill up in a cage and not let him out until December.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »

What's this Brody guy's Reddit username?  He probably has infinite upvotes by now.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 10:59:53 AM »

What was that big thing that happened in 07-08?  I can't remember what it was called... uh, something about unregulated banks and a financial meltdown that wiped out pension funds and tanked the global economy... damnit, what did they call it... you know, that thing that got so bad that they even one country - I think it was Rome, or Athens, or Sparta, something like that, I can't remember - that even had to default on its debt in the aftermath of the crisis, things were so bad in the global financial system.  Damn, man, my memory is just totally shot.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 11:07:01 AM »

Bill is finally realizing he's actually a Republican
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 11:26:34 AM »

I swear that good ole horndog Bubba is doing everything in his power to not get back into the White House so he can continue his relationship with the so-called "Energizer Bunny."

He likes it when Hillary! is out of town.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »

In my experience, it's pretty much impossible to talk about politics for 30 minutes straight with someone without changing your perspective on at least a couple of points. Maybe this guy will come around in the end, even if it takes a while.

And maybe Bill Clinton will wake up tomorrow as a Bernie Bro.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies