CNN: Who in the world wants Trump to be president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:12:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CNN: Who in the world wants Trump to be president?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN: Who in the world wants Trump to be president?  (Read 1123 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:43:46 AM »

An informative article that shows where Trump is popular, and where people are dreading his presidency.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/25/opinions/who-in-world-supports-trump/index.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I highly recommend this article. The danger of a Trump presidency is becoming increasingly clear.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:47:49 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2016, 10:00:45 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

It's because Trump is getting fair coverage almost everywhere else. Reality is biased against him, and he is objectively unqualified. It's honestly a first, and it's terrifying.

Back in the United States though, the press is treating all this like it's normal. I sure hope he gets held accountable soon.
Blazinator
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »

It's because Trump is getting fair coverage almost everywhere else. Reality is biased against him, and he is objectively unqualified. It's honestly a first, and it's terrifying.

Back in the United States though, the press is treating all this like it's normal. I sure hope he gets held accountable soon.

I don't think the media is treating it like it's normal,; they know it's crazy and that's good for ratings.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »

The foreign press doesn't have financial incentive to manufacture a horse race. They also do not have a pathological obsession with trying to destroy Hillary Clinton.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »

I don't think the media is treating it like it's normal,; they know it's crazy and that's good for ratings.

They are though. So far as I can tell, there is, and has been, a complete and utter absence of "is Trump qualified" stories. (The answer is, "no way in hell".) By treating him seriously while ignoring his ignorance, they've effectively legitimized him.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »

They are though. So far as I can tell, there is, and has been, a complete and utter absence of "is Trump qualified" stories. (The answer is, "no way in hell".) By treating him seriously while ignoring his ignorance, they've effectively legitimized him.

Tearing down his opponent as a corrupt unlikable criminal shrill bitch that will be in jail soon for the past year and a half did far more to legitimize him than the absence of criticism of his qualifications. Due to the media's sexism, old vendetta, and need for a horse race, it isn't hard to see why he could potentially be seen as "the lesser of two evils."

That said, even if that never happened, he still wouldn't be heading for Goldwater or Mondale-esque defeat. Everyone would get their partisan hats on by November and he'd get the bare minimum 45% that you receive just for showing up and having an (R) or (D) next to your name.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »

I am told coverage of Trump in Canada is basically "can you believe what this douche said/did this time?"
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:12:33 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2016, 02:27:49 PM by Meclazine »

I lol'd.

There are two existential spaces in the Cosmos.

(a) Reality
(b) CNN

They dont tell news from a static viewpoint.

CNN have this massive "Here's how the world should be" fantasy and when layered on international stories, it's just too thick.

CNN can therefore rubberize any story they like about Trump.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 11:16:04 AM »

Tearing down his opponent as a corrupt unlikable criminal shrill bitch that will be in jail soon for the past year and a half did far more to legitimize him than the absence of criticism of his qualifications. Due to the media's sexism, old vendetta, and need for a horse race, it isn't hard to see why he could potentially be seen as "the lesser of two evils."

That said, even if that never happened, he still wouldn't be heading for Goldwater or Mondale-esque defeat. Everyone would get their partisan hats on by November and he'd get the bare minimum 45% that you receive just for showing up and having an (R) or (D) next to your name.

For a little while there, I was hoping for a modicum of basic human decency from at least some measurable fraction of the Republicans.

But now that the bandit has broken into the castle and killed the old, fat, and lazy royal family, all the nobles are eager to crown him as the new king, and the peasants are bowing down eagerly at his vague promises of a better future while ignoring the trail of peasant bodies behind him.
mgop
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 03:50:21 PM »

few weeks ago in britain polls showed that people want to stay in eu. after obama gave speech that uk should stay in eu, and trump said they shoud leave, polls switch. so you can see who has bigger authority. anyway people all over europe love trump, so thats "who in the world". stupid pathetic cnn...
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 04:22:55 PM »

few weeks ago in britain polls showed that people want to stay in eu. after obama gave speech that uk should stay in eu, and trump said they shoud leave, polls switch. so you can see who has bigger authority. anyway people all over europe love trump, so thats "who in the world". stupid pathetic cnn...

Speak for yourself. Some people in Europe may love him. I can't imagine many.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 05:10:50 PM »

Are you high? Every single story about Trump is negative. Not that Hillary is getting a pass (even Bernie is getting hard treatment these days after the Nevada riots), but Donald Trump's rise is not the medias fault. It's a real event, supported by real people, and like it or not, he's happening.

Why are our Canadian posters so emotionally involved? I'm getting tired of foreign commentators telling Americans what we need or want. That applies out of Atlas (especially with Louise freaking Mensch) of course.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 05:27:08 PM »

I lol'd.

There are two existential spaces in the Cosmos.

(a) Reality
(b) CNN

They dont tell news from a static viewpoint.

CNN have this massive "Here's how the world should be" fantasy and when layered on international stories, it's just too thick.

CNN can therefore rubberize any story they like about Trump.

Where do you get your news from?
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 05:45:59 PM »

Conservatives love to say liberals hate America. I am a liberal. If I truly hated America I'd vote for Trump.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 07:38:28 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2016, 07:39:59 PM by Thersites »

Why are our Canadian posters so emotionally involved?

Because the United States has an outsized economic and diplomatic role as the guarantor of the current global order.

What would happen if the US left NATO? What would happen if the US economy went into a depression? These things would impact other countries severely.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 07:42:30 PM »

go back to /r/european plsthx
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies