What would you do if you have a sea of Trump signs near your house
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:46:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What would you do if you have a sea of Trump signs near your house
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What would you do if you have a sea of Trump signs near your house  (Read 4292 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »

I wouldn't call it a 'sea' of Trump signs, but I see more Trump signs than anybody else here.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 08:14:40 PM »

I have a sea of Trump signs already in my neighborhood.

This, but at home, not at school.  But usually they're on business lots or right outside the gates of a gated community, not on residential property.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 08:22:15 PM »

I wouldn't call it a 'sea' of Trump signs, but I see more Trump signs than anybody else here.

Where? In MA?

Shockingly, yes. Of course, the state probably will end up going for Hillary by above 20%, but Trump still holds the lead in signs, even if you combine Clinton and Sanders signs.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 08:36:56 PM »

Would move out and turn the house into a pig farm. Would do my best to make sure it smells.

Why bother? The rest of the neighborhood is already filled with pigs.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 08:44:20 PM »

I'd be very confused. I live in LA right near all the studios and 5 minutes from the enter of Hollywood.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »

I imagine I would respect people for expressing their first amendment rights.  At this point, though, I haven't seen a single yard sign for any presidential candidate.  I have seen some Sanders bumper stickers and a few left-over Obama/Biden bumper stickers.  Those latter ones are interesting here on Offutt Air Force Base.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 09:38:17 PM »

I would walk outside and proudly roman salute my neighbors.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 09:48:53 PM »

I still see more Dukakis stickers than any recent Republican stickers.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 10:01:35 PM »

Confused that a bobo area of a northern city in England has passionate supporters for any American presidential candidate, let alone the pugilistic GOP nominee.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 01:14:45 AM »

Would move out and turn the house into a pig farm. Would do my best to make sure it smells.

That's a Trumpian level insult.

"The rest of the Mexican neighborhood is already filled with pigs. Some, I assume, are good people."

To answer the question, probably plant a Trump sign in my neighborhood and watch the neighborhood watch go past my house.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 01:24:41 AM »

My 13 yo son would like it.
The Last Northerner

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2016, 02:11:40 AM »

I live in a minority-majority (read: mostly non-white) area so it would be pretty weird. My first reaction would be "are you serious? lol".
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2016, 06:22:27 AM »

I drive a lot for my job in Parke Putnam and Hendricks counties in Indiana and I see quite a few Trump signs, not a sea, but more than I've ever seen for a presidential candidate this early.
bigedlb
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 07:01:26 AM »

How would you feel if you saw a sea of Trump for president signs near your house or apartment, and have you seen it?

Ask someone where I could get one.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 07:44:02 AM »

haha.  My eleven-year-old would probably like it as well.  Trump is definitely the favorite with the 5th and 6th grade crowd.  
I haven't seen any signs this season.  I don't recall seeing many in the years I've lived here.  There is one guy about a block away who always puts out a Pitts sign.  I don't know what he'll do this year since Pitts is stepping down.  

You might want to check your Homeowner's Association rules before putting out that sign because sometimes they're against the rules.  When municipal governments have tried to ban political signs such bans have been struck down because cities are state actors subject to the U.S. Constitution.  There is no similar restraint imposed on private homeowner's associations.  Unlike municipal governments, homeowner's associations are private parties that do not qualify as state actors.  For example, a Pennsylvania state court ruled in 1996 that a condominium association did not violate the first amendment by removing political yard signs in accordance with a section of their rules prohibiting the posting of signs at individual units.  That ruling has also been cited in cases involving single-family houses with homeowner association bans against political advertisement.

I couldn't find any such language in the HOA rules for this neighborhood, but I guess if the Trump signs suddenly started appearing I would think it strange.  I'm not sure why it would matter.  This is a very white collar neighborhood--people even pick up their dogshit with little plastic gloves--and most of the people here probably would vote for the Republican candidate thinking that the most important issue is taxes, and taxes will likely be lower with a Republican government.  (That might not be true when comparing a protectionist Republican like Trump with a fairly Third Way Democrat like Clinton, but perceptions matter.)  The only lawn signs I see here are those left by landscaping companies that my neighbors hire because they're too busy to mow their own grass and trim their hedgerows and they say things like "Chemically treated.  Stay off grass until the nasty, toxic compounds evaporate."  Who needs healthy children when you can have a perfectly smooth green lawn, right?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 07:48:56 AM »

indeed. pigs are intelligent and adorable creatures, and comparing them to something as vile as drumpfbacken is below the belt. this "fubart solman" dude needs to apologise
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 07:50:41 AM »

haha.  My eleven-year-old would probably like it as well.  Trump is definitely the favorite with the 5th and 6th grade crowd.  

My twelve-year-old brother is a Trump "supporter."

That would be interesting to see demographic statistics of which candidates children like. I wonder if it would correlate with 18-30 year olds (i.e. Sanders more popular than Clinton, etc.), or be a demographic non-sequiter.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2016, 07:56:10 AM »

It'll be more interesting 10 years from now.  This is the first election that my son is paying attention to, so it will set the norm for his expectations.  He and his cohort will think it normal to bring up the size of one's bodyparts during debate, or to win votes by promising walls and mass deportations.  By the time they're of voting age, such rhetoric may not be controversial to them at all. 
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2016, 08:03:28 AM »

That would be interesting to see demographic statistics of which candidates children like. I wonder if it would correlate with 18-30 year olds (i.e. Sanders more popular than Clinton, etc.), or be a demographic non-sequiter.

I will note that most of my classmates who don't have a clue about politics tended to support Trump or Sanders. It was a bit more of a mixed bag for people who paid attention. My school did hold a mock primary, which Sanders and Trump won.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2016, 09:20:14 AM »

indeed. pigs are intelligent and adorable creatures, and comparing them to something as vile as drumpfbacken is below the belt. this "fubart solman" dude needs to apologise

Most definitely, bringing in pigs would improve both the average intelligence and morality of such a neighbourhood. I am, actually, suspecting it would be true even of personal cleanliness. This, indeed, would be my argument in court when they would try to evict my tenants.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2016, 12:22:42 PM »

Probably covertly break/steal the signs in the night. I know its the d***/wrong thing to do but I probably wouldn't be able to control my anger.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »

I will note that most of my classmates who don't have a clue about politics tended to support Trump or Sanders. It was a bit more of a mixed bag for people who paid attention. My school did hold a mock primary, which Sanders and Trump won.

12-year-old me would probably think that Trump vs. Clinton would be the matchup of a lifetime with two truly great choices.

Fortunately, I'm no longer 12 years old and it is no longer 2005.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2016, 03:40:53 PM »

Yeah our teacher made us vote in birth the primaries. Bernie won 2-1. And Trump won closely followed by Cruz and Rubio and Carsin beat Kasich. In my class of 39 there are four democrats and everyone else are conservatives
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »

How would you feel if you saw a sea of Trump for president signs near your house or apartment, and have you seen it?

I have not seen any such thing. If I did, I'd just put out a Bernie sign and watch them run in terror.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »

Haven't seen any Trump signs out here in Oregon, although there was one bumper sticker I saw on I-5 South of Salem turning off towards Stayton.

When I was living out in Houston, last year, my Boss stuck one up in his cube, which seemed pretty asinine in general, as well as considering that 80% of our employees are Latino at that location, and this was shortly after several of his most incendiary remarks regarding Mexicans. I asked HR about it and if there was any policy regarding employees putting up political statements of support for candidates during election season since that could be considered company support for a particular candidate/party and reflect negatively towards us at our clients site that we were based out of. Turned out there was no policy against it, but no idea if he has taken it down since then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies