Northern Regional Committee discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:07:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northern Regional Committee discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northern Regional Committee discussion thread  (Read 1882 times)
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« on: May 27, 2016, 07:08:41 PM »

Leinad's idea isn't too bad. What if we make the North a Parliamentary Republic?

The Governor, or some other title, would be popularly elected but hold very little power, mostly a ceremonial position - like the President of Germany. The legislature could be a little larger and elect a Prime Minister or a Chancellor to serve as the head of government.

Depending on the size of the legislature, the PM/Chancellor could also serve as the Speaker and run to the day-to-day legislature or it could be a separate position, perhaps elected by the Governor.

The Northern Parliamentary Republic could be a fun idea but, on the other hand, I don't see why we need to break the mold on the regional government.
I was thinking a three man Senate and the rest, House of Representatives, just like what our upcoming Republic is. But the ideas presented are also worth a try.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 10:01:30 AM »

I will be presenting my idea
Governor - still the same functions as the Governor of the Northeast/Mideast. Four month term

Organizing Committee (or the Senate) - a three man body who will have the final say on the passage of the bills passed on the House of Representatives. Elected by STV. One or two will be elected per election, a four month term, staggered election. For gubernatorial election, one will be elected. For a midterm, two. For example, basing from the current calendar of the Northeast.
February - 1
April - 2
June - 1
August - 2
October - 1
December - 2

House of the Representatives - a three to seven man legislature where bills will first pass here before submitted to the Senate, then to the governor for the final approval. Two month term. Elected by STV

RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 09:44:59 AM »

Don't forget to propose your ideas in the official committee thread when it is time but I think it's good to express in advance so people can think about it for some time and not have to vote on something just after it was presented.

I will make the same comment again after reading this:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

For Nyman the ConCon chose a bicameral system which could also slows legislation process. It also increased the number of offices in Nyman.
It will indeed slow down the legislation. But I think a three man senate then a five (or three) man HoR will not increase the number of offices
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 11:33:54 AM »

It will indeed slow down the legislation. But I think a three man senate then a five (or three) man HoR will not increase the number of offices

Man??

Different take I guess. It's not about gender or something
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies