Clinton: "secret email accounts" are shredding the Constitution
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:24:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton: "secret email accounts" are shredding the Constitution
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton: "secret email accounts" are shredding the Constitution  (Read 1966 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2016, 10:36:26 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-En_DyJWsso
JRP1994

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 10:36:51 PM »

Tables have turned a bit.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:54:06 PM »

There's not a lot of positive things to say about Hillary. Fortunately for her, there are fewer positive things to say about Trump.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:54:43 PM »

Well I mean, you can't say she isn't experienced. As you can see, while most politicians just have one position on various issues, she has experience with multiple positions on various issues Tongue
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 11:06:17 PM »

Well I mean, you can't say she isn't experienced. As you can see, while most politicians just have one position on various issues, she has experience with multiple positions on various issues Tongue
I don't think anything about Clinton's email usage was actually that secret; it was just that nobody cared while she was Secretary of State. Anyone who corresponded with her by email knew she was not using a State Department email.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 11:37:27 PM »

I don't think anything about Clinton's email usage was actually that secret; it was just that nobody cared while she was Secretary of State. Anyone who corresponded with her by email knew she was not using a State Department email.

Well, somebody cared enough about what all high government officials might do to have each one sign a two page document stating that they understand the proper way of handling government information. Are you saying the Secretary of State did not understand the requirements set forth by the FOIA? Or was it the case that she absolutely understood those requirements, which is why she decided that a private server was in order, to circumvent those requirements?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 12:19:56 AM »

I expected of her to shred the Constitution.
I just believe the people are not going to let her.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 12:21:26 AM »

Would you care to tell me how many of Trump's genius proposals you think are constitutional?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 12:25:14 AM »

Would you care to tell me how many of Trump's genius proposals you think are constitutional?

Not to play devil's advocate of anything, but universal healthcare isn't "Constitutional".
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 12:48:58 AM »

Not to play devil's advocate of anything, but universal healthcare isn't "Constitutional".

Well what do you define as Constitutional? There certainly are benefits we reap in this country even if said benefits aren't specifically enumerated verbatim in the Constitution. If I were to guess, a federal judge would likely uphold universal health care before they'd uphold some of the things Trump has 'suggested'. Since you could make a Commerce Clause argument with health care.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 01:30:40 AM »

Well, somebody cared enough about what all high government officials might do to have each one sign a two page document stating that they understand the proper way of handling government information. Are you saying the Secretary of State did not understand the requirements set forth by the FOIA? Or was it the case that she absolutely understood those requirements, which is why she decided that a private server was in order, to circumvent those requirements?

I've not seen any determination made that Clinton attempted to circumvent FOIA by using a private email.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 01:32:49 AM »

That's a very good point - it should have been pretty obvious.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 02:10:30 AM »

Hillary was upset that it wasn't her shredding the Constitution.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 02:19:22 AM »

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

Maybe it isn't in YOUR Constitution, but...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 02:38:52 AM »

Well what do you define as Constitutional? There certainly are benefits we reap in this country even if said benefits aren't specifically enumerated verbatim in the Constitution. If I were to guess, a federal judge would likely uphold universal health care before they'd uphold some of the things Trump has 'suggested'. Since you could make a Commerce Clause argument with health care.

Again, I'm 99.9% sure Atlas doesn't know what a devil's advocate is. (No, BRTD, it's not a heathen thing.)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 03:09:56 AM »

That's nonsensical. A private email isn't secret.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 03:23:29 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2016, 03:25:13 AM by Santander »

They did care. She was asked multiple times to either use State Dept. email systems or have her personal server approved by department officials and declined. She did not hand over her work-related emails (standard practice for all government officials) until they became an issue, and even then, she did not hand over all of them. For months, she's been emphatically saying that her email practices were permitted, but that has been rejected by the Inspector General's report. The report also clearly differentiates between what she did and what Rice and Powell did. There was not even an IG appointed during her entire tenure as Secretary (likely because of a deal with Obama) and the acting IG was someone who was not even eligible to be appointed IG.

I don't think there is enough evidence to indict, let alone convict her of a crime, but she was at least irresponsible and disrespectful to the American people both in her cavalier attitude towards departmental procedures in office and her deception of the public afterwards. This is not a right-wing conspiracy, this is stuff coming out of the State Dept. that she used to run and the liberal media. This is no Benghazi.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 01:06:02 PM »

...says a privileged white kid from the suburbs.

... Says an independent who believes in closed primaries and assassinating Bernie Sanders to a privileged white kid from the suburbs who supports universal healthcare.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »

They did care. She was asked multiple times to either use State Dept. email systems or have her personal server approved by department officials and declined. She did not hand over her work-related emails (standard practice for all government officials) until they became an issue, and even then, she did not hand over all of them. For months, she's been emphatically saying that her email practices were permitted, but that has been rejected by the Inspector General's report. The report also clearly differentiates between what she did and what Rice and Powell did. There was not even an IG appointed during her entire tenure as Secretary (likely because of a deal with Obama) and the acting IG was someone who was not even eligible to be appointed IG.

I don't think there is enough evidence to indict, let alone convict her of a crime, but she was at least irresponsible and disrespectful to the American people both in her cavalier attitude towards departmental procedures in office and her deception of the public afterwards. This is not a right-wing conspiracy, this is stuff coming out of the State Dept. that she used to run and the liberal media. This is no Benghazi.
Well, you are right about what she did being different from Powell; he literally just used AOL.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »

It really sickens me that national security and transparency concerns have to be framed by whether you have a D or an R next to your name. Last I checked, the IG was operating withing the Obama administration.

Now we're seeing reports that a personal aide to former President Bill Clinton with no security clearance maintained Hillary Clinton's private email account and server. The aide, Justin Cooper, served the Clinton Foundation while working for a private consulting firm, Teneo Holdings and Decision Sciences Corp. (Cooper’s involvement with Clinton’s server is indicated in a footnote in the report released Wednesday by the State Department’s Office of Inspector General).

Secretary Clinton's problems are far from over...
skoods
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 02:18:08 PM »

Hillary was upset that it wasn't her shredding the Constitution.

What's that? Oh sorry I couldn't hear you with Bernie's sack lodged down your throat.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 02:18:58 PM »

It really sickens me that national security and transparency concerns have to be framed by whether you have a D or an R next to your name.

I'm sure you felt the same when Bush and Cheney deleted thousands of e-mails and nobody bothered. 
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 02:50:01 PM »

It really sickens me that national security and transparency concerns have to be framed by whether you have a D or an R next to your name.

I'm sure you felt the same when Bush and Cheney deleted thousands of e-mails and nobody bothered. 

I don't remember Bush and Cheney setting up personal, private email servers and making themselves responsible for which messages they decided to share with the public. But yes, if Bush and/or Chaney did that, then they too should face legal consequences, as that's what we mean by "rule of law" (in case you were wondering).
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 02:53:25 PM »

I don't remember Bush and Cheney setting up personal, private email servers and making themselves responsible for which messages they decided to share with the public. But yes, if Bush and/or Chaney did that, then they too should face legal consequences, as that's what we mean by "rule of law" (in case you were wondering).
Cheney deleted massive amounts of emails before he left office.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 03:14:04 PM »

Cheney deleted massive amounts of emails before he left office.
So did Colin Powell.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies