Trump: "There is No Drought" in California
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:02:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: "There is No Drought" in California
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump: "There is No Drought" in California  (Read 1573 times)
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2016, 05:59:29 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-vows-to-solve-California-s-water-crisis-7949775.php
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 06:19:08 PM »

So much for his strategy to put resources into winning California LOL.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »

The kind of thing any other person would get crucified for saying.

This is what I mean when I say that the media is not giving him the type of coverage he deserves. His candidacy has been normalized and legitimized, when there's nothing normal about it at all.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 06:24:42 PM »

It lasted a whole 5 minutes.

I liked this comment on the article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 06:28:26 PM »

It lasted a whole 5 minutes.

I liked this comment on the article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Having voted for both Gore and Kerry LOL I seem to remember a lot of that in 2008 before Bush left office. He was the guy that people wanted to have a drink with before they realized just how much he could f-  things up !
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 06:29:39 PM »

This is what I mean when I say that the media is not giving him the type of coverage he deserves. His candidacy has been normalized and legitimized, when there's nothing normal about it at all.

It's truly confounding to me how Trump can say the dumbest or most offensive things on a nearly-daily basis and not suffer for it. Apparently a problem Clinton's campaign is dealing with for Trump is that he has so many gaffes, offensive statements and bad history that it's proving difficult to choose what to use in their ads/etc. Using it all risks forming an incoherent message and diluting an effort to successfully brand him.

Has this ever happened before? A candidate so terrible that their challenger actually has to selectively prioritize which of their opponent's thousands of gaffes to use? This entire election is ridiculous.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 06:36:33 PM »

First off, the drought in california is not an issue any more. Did ANY of you read the countless stories of the great news about snowpack back in February?

Secondly, there is a case to be made that the water crisis is indeed the result of policy. California divers 300bn gallons of water into the SF bay every year due to an endangered fish. California has price controls on water that encourages wasteful and inefficient use of it.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 06:43:09 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2016, 06:47:04 PM by Liberalrocks »

First off, the drought in california is not an issue any more. Did ANY of you read the countless stories of the great news about snowpack back in February?

Secondly, there is a case to be made that the water crisis is indeed the result of policy. California divers 300bn gallons of water into the SF bay every year due to an endangered fish. California has price controls on water that encourages wasteful and inefficient use of it.

"Not an issue anymore" Oh cmon that statement along with Trump;s is utterly ridiculous. I actually live in California and know whats still going on with water. Enjoy your water up in Montana we sure could use the rain.
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 06:54:39 PM »

I'm a lifelong Californian, and I can confidently state that there is still a drought. One rainy winter has improved things, but we're still watching usage.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »

Lately, the media has generally covered him in a very negative way.  The problem is that keeping up with all the ludicrous things he's ever said and done is an impossible task.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 06:59:16 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2016, 07:02:52 PM by ProudModerate2 »

OMG !!
I have lived in Cali my entire life, and I can tell you that there IS a problem with water.
The "El Nino" prediction of massive rain/snow this season, did not happen.

Are we now finally convinced that trump is an idiot ? ? !!!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 07:02:13 PM »

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 07:04:36 PM »

Considering this forum is composed mostly of Hillary hacks such as myself, you'd probably be best off asking that question to a different audience. Tongue
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 07:14:08 PM »

I suspect that this is another effect of the company he has been keeping, probably Kevin McCarthy and other CA GOP reps. The whole 'drought is the fault of environmentalists' meme has been going on in GOP circles in CA and in Washington. I think when Trump talks about 'opening up the water' he is talking about legislation introduced by the CA GOP delegation to deregulate water in CA.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 07:32:32 PM »

First off, the drought in california is not an issue any more.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 07:32:39 PM »

Considering this forum is composed mostly of Hillary hacks such as myself, you'd probably be best off asking that question to a different audience. Tongue

LOL.
Yes, I understand your point.
I have actually been using "this question" as a way/method of closing my comment.
It really is not meant as a question for someone to answer (but you can if you want).
It's kind-of like my signature ...... and a way to say that trump is an absolute idiot and has zero qualifications to be president .... and anyone voting for him is mad or brainless.
;-)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 07:33:02 PM »

I think by now -- with Trump being so predictable -- that anything he says should be ignored. We know it's just for entertainment value and media ratings, that's it.

And we already know he's good at that.

What I'd like to see is him spend time working on is improving what he's not good at, like acting like a decent human being. Discussing issues that face the American people instead of sensationalizing things like building a wall, and shutting out the muslims and all the other outrageous things.

Why not start acting Presidential, or can he?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 07:36:55 PM »

I think by now -- with Trump being so predictable -- that anything he says should be ignored. We know it's just for entertainment value and media ratings, that's it.

What I'd like to see is him spend time working on is improving what he's not good at, like acting like a decent human being. Discussing issues that face the American people instead of sensationalizing things like building a wall, and shutting out the muslims and all the other outrageous things.

I think "acting Presidential" is too late for trump.
Those of us who want and desire to have a president who takes the job seriously, cannot erase our memory of how much of a clown he is, has been, and will continue to be.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 07:43:18 PM »

What else do you expect from someone who said global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 07:51:48 PM »

I think "acting Presidential" is too late for trump.
Those of us who want and desire to have a president who takes the job seriously, cannot erase our memory of how much of a clown he is, has been, and will continue to be.

You are probably right.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 09:35:37 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2016, 09:38:11 PM by Ogre Mage »

There is a drought in Trump's brain, nothing has been flowing up there except hot air.

I don't think Trump will get above 35% in California.  I'm starting to think he could drop as low as 30%.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »

Tomorrow:

Trump: "The Sun isn't hot."
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 10:19:33 PM »

Trump:  "I know a bear, I know all the best bears, and I can tell you that they do not sh*t in the woods.  Believe me."
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 10:25:27 PM »

Tomorrow:

Trump: "The Sun isn't hot."

You know, I was all the time thinking, whom does Trump remind me? And I just got it, by a joke analogy. Back in the 1960s they were telling a joke in the USSR (well, I should fess up, I heard it in the 1980s, when I grew up). Apparently, after the US moon landings Brezhnev was very worried about outmatching it. Eventually, he called up the cosmonauts and told them: "Comrades, Americans landed on the moon, and we have to outdo it, so you will be landing on the Sun." Of course, a horrified cosmonaut pleas: "but, Comrade Brezhnev, we will burn up!" To which Brezhnev responds: "Do not worry comrades, the Party have thought of everything: you will be flying at night".

Trump is, admittedly, not suffering from speach impediments. But, gosh, he does remind me of Brezhnev in every other sense.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 10:32:11 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies