Will the Silent Majority vote for Hillary Clinton in November?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:31:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will the Silent Majority vote for Hillary Clinton in November?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: Will the Silent Majority vote for Hillary Clinton in November?  (Read 3278 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »

Bump. Hillary overperformed her polls in NJ and CA......

Also Hillary has underpolled with Hispanics and to a lesser extent African Americans compared to the actual votes the entire cycle. If this holds true to the general election, she could overperform her current and future polling.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2016, 01:47:37 PM »

Also Hillary has underpolled with Hispanics and to a lesser extent African Americans compared to the actual votes the entire cycle. If this holds true to the general election, she could overperform her current and future polling.

Her numbers with Whites show her outperforming Obama by 4-8 points. And yet the polls are basically tied.....
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 02:52:42 PM »

Her numbers with Whites show her outperforming Obama by 4-8 points. And yet the polls are basically tied.....

It's distinctly possible that the white vote is being slightly oversampled in the polls.
mgop
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 03:04:08 PM »

silent majority is with trump, bots are with hillary
Curbstomp
Rookie
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »

Hopefully the silent majority won't side with Sbane and his blame the rape victim mentality.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2016, 07:03:01 PM »

It's too early to say.

Trump has a lot of things to say between now and November.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2016, 07:04:53 PM »

It's too early to say.

Trump has a lot of things to say between now and November.

Yes he does - which makes me more confident.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2016, 07:32:35 PM »

But what about all those THE SILENT MAJORITY STANDS WITH TRUMP signs that I see?
That majority is silent because it's non-existent.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2016, 08:08:23 PM »

silent majority is with trump, bots are with hillary

The silent majority is against Trump. Most people are much too decent to vote for him.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 08:22:42 PM »

But what about all those THE SILENT MAJORITY STANDS WITH TRUMP signs that I see?
That majority is silent because it's non-existent.

That group of people is neither silent, nor a majority.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 10:08:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, anyone disgusted by Trump supporting Clinton in the primaries will probably support Clinton.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 10:31:25 PM »

Both sides will claim to be the silent majority until we see the election results. One thing we can say for sure is that even if the Trumpets end up being the majority, they certainly haven't been silent.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2016, 12:02:25 AM »

Hopefully the silent majority won't side with Sbane and his blame the rape victim mentality.

Oh great. We have another fascist around.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2016, 12:20:34 AM »

2. You're right about the Democratic party, this is something I've also posted about here before. Democrats have essentially given in to every wish Hispanic social organizations have in regards to immigration just for votes. My party has sold out immigration policy entirely to these activists and blown off the concerns of the rest of America. Hispanics are on track to constitute roughly 11% - 13% of the electorate this year (depending on turnout surge), and somehow the Democratic party decided that sliver of the electorate gets to decide my party's immigration policy just because my party decides votes are more important than anything, country be damned? Sure, I agree.

The funny thing is, I actually do want a pathway to citizenship, but now that's just not enough for some people.

I don't want open borders like they want, but I also want all these current undocumented immigrants to be legalized and pay taxes and come out of the shadows. That's all. I want an end to this freakin issue already. Both sides are being too damn unreasonable.

Um, what?  I agree with your other points, but sorry, I have no clue what you're talking about here.  I just went on the website for National Council of La Raza, the largest and most prominent latino interest group in the US.  I don't see anything about open borders.  Of course they're going to focus their advocacy on the aspects of the issue that affect their constituents the most.  That's their job.  They highlight their argument that they believe the illegal immigration problem is more to do with the failure of our immigration system to keep pace with a changing economy and world, but they do include "smart enforcement that improves safety, supports legal immigration channels, and prevents discrimination" as one of their bullet points on comprehensive reform.

I'm just baffled at the idea that there are all these Democrats that support open borders and don't include border security in their arguments.  I don't look at as many websites for Democratic candidates as I used to, but I've just never heard of any of them saying that.  It's certainly not the reason why immigration reform hasn't happened.

~

As for the silent majority question, I'm inclined to think that yeah, most Americans who aren't active in politics will support Hillary in the general.  I also thought that most Americans wouldn't vote for Trump in the Republican primary, and we all saw how that went.  

One issue that hasn't come up... and I kinda cringe at bringing it up myself at all, is whether there are any significant numbers of people that will hesitate to vote for a woman.  I'm glad that people haven't been talking much about it, but it's a legitimate fear I have that it could play a role (and not just men.  There's a lot of "family values" women that will always hate Hillary, and I can't see them ever voting for her).  I hope it doesn't become an issue, but won't know for sure until we get the results and can pore into the exit polls.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2016, 12:26:29 AM »

Too early to tell. Ask again after the first prez debate.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2016, 12:27:08 AM »

The Silent Majority will probably not vote in this election
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies