Hypothetical: This is the map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:01:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hypothetical: This is the map
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hypothetical: This is the map  (Read 706 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2016, 06:10:45 PM »

269-269.

How do you react?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:15:12 PM »

I wake up. But what tickets could cause this?

Jeff Session (D-AL)/Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)
Larry Hogan (R-MD)/Elizabeth Warren (R-MA)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 06:17:37 PM »

It's clearly supposed be a hypothetical for this election where Trump and Clinton (maybe Sanders) are the nominees.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 06:18:20 PM »

I start foaming at the mouth, defecating in my hand, and slinging my excrement at the walls.  I walk outside, totally naked, two middle fingers high in the air, ranting at my neighbors and threatening violence.

They call the police, and I am tazered and taken away to a psychiatric facility, where I live the rest of my days with no recovery - my brain was too scrambled by the realigned electoral map.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 06:20:13 PM »

I start foaming at the mouth, defecating in my hand, and slinging my excrement at the walls.  I walk outside, totally naked, two middle fingers high in the air, ranting at my neighbors and threatening violence.

They call the police, and I am tazered and taken away to a psychiatric facility, where I live the rest of my days with no recovery - my brain was too scrambled by the realigned electoral map.

My jaw would drop as I looked at the map and I would demand to know who poisoned water supplies across the country with heavy doses of LSD. Then I would be hauled off in a very similar fashion to your breakdown.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 06:20:51 PM »

I wake up. But what tickets could cause this?

Jeff Session (D-AL)/Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)
Larry Hogan (R-MD)/Elizabeth Warren (R-MA)

I think there's a good possibility we could see that matchup some time in the future.  However, I would be a bit concerned as this map seems to imply that most of the states had a turnout of 0.

How might that affect down-ballot races?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 06:26:11 PM »

It's clearly supposed be a hypothetical for this election where Trump and Clinton (maybe Sanders) are the nominees.

Not quite.  The map in the OP is a intended to show a matchup between Thaddeus McCotter/Wyoming House Speaker Kermit Brown and Jimmy Carter/Dennis Kucinich.

I thought that was obvious but I'll try to be more clear next time.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 06:29:55 PM »

I start foaming at the mouth, defecating in my hand, and slinging my excrement at the walls.  I walk outside, totally naked, two middle fingers high in the air, ranting at my neighbors and threatening violence.

My jaw would drop as I looked at the map and I would demand to know who poisoned water supplies across the country with heavy doses of LSD. Then I would be hauled off in a very similar fashion to your breakdown.

About 10-15 years later, hollywood would make a very overrated, cloying oscar bait movie about our psychosis where a young psychiatrist and nurse help us and the other patients struggle through our lives at the hospital, with mixed results.  Your character, despite her tenuous connection to reality, paints strikingly lucid, hauntingly beautiful paintings of what life used be like before the electoral map was forever ruined.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »

If that is the map I promise I will leave this forum forever.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 07:08:48 PM »

Probably wonder wtf happened and then not really care too much beyond that.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 07:09:59 PM »

About 10-15 years later, hollywood would make a very overrated, cloying oscar bait movie about our psychosis where a young psychiatrist and nurse help us and the other patients struggle through our lives at the hospital, with mixed results.  Your character, despite her tenuous connection to reality, paints strikingly lucid, hauntingly beautiful paintings of what life used be like before the electoral map was forever ruined.

Coming this summer...

Experience the heartwarming story of Maps Adams, a kind doctor who brings new life to a pair of young, disgruntled former political junkies once thought to be completely detached from reality after a stunning upset many years ago. Now that Maps Adams has brought these poor souls back from the brink...... Can he keep them from slipping back?

In theaters July 25th
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »

As long as NH stays Democratic, the map is plausible.

The meme has been exhausted, and he's a good enough kid.

I had faith in you ;(
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 07:36:09 PM »

Coming this summer...

Experience the heartwarming story of Maps Adams, a kind doctor who brings new life to a pair of young, disgruntled former political junkies once thought to be completely detached from reality after a stunning upset many years ago. Now that Maps Adams has brought these poor souls back from the brink...... Can he keep them from slipping back?

In theaters July 25th

Excellent work!

I have Harvey Weinstein on the phone right now; he's willing to give Dave Leip 5 points on the back end in exchange for using the forum name in the movie.

They've cast Winona Ryder as you, Bradley Cooper doing an overwrought "understated" portrayal of me as a mentally unbalanced version of Robert DeNiro, and Asa Butterfield as precocious hospital visitor Senator Smith.  More cameo roles TBA!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 07:42:01 PM »

As long as NH stays Democratic, the map is plausible.

The meme has been exhausted, and he's a good enough kid.

I had faith in you ;(

That was foolish.  What is TN Vol, really, without being annoying as  about this random state?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 09:35:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump won Utah?
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 09:48:00 PM »

Take the magnet off the top of my TV screen and turn the TV off and on to let the colors re-normalize.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies