Power Politics (Atlasia Style)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:18:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Power Politics (Atlasia Style)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Power Politics (Atlasia Style)  (Read 2165 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2016, 03:49:06 AM »

Hey guys, so I have been pondering a campaign game that is a mix of many of my favorite campaign sims.

So basically it would be 'The Campaign Trail' with more customizable campaign stops and strategies and interactive debates. So turns would be as follows: EX: 2012 Election; So I would give you a couple political questions for someone playing Romney and they would answer them as they please.

They would have 10 PAP (Political Action Points) to spend on campaigning (I'd post the current polls every turn), they would fluctuate as momentum goes. Rallies would cost like 2 PAP, Barnstorming 1 PAP. A Policy Speech (In which you could outline a new policy that has not been asked, or could reframe an answer to regain support; basically a second chance), I would put this at like 3 or 4 PAP because it could be pretty powerful. Then State TV Advertising would be 1 PAP Newspaper, 2 PAP Radio/Web, 3 PAP Television with each varying level more potent. Television Advertising has to be issue specific, but you can poll different states for 1 PAP to see the issues.

Also, Debates. In debates, both candidates would get their usual questions, but the questions are now more aimed towards your opponent and you can now rebut and attack your opponent.

If anyone is interested I was going to do an example using 2012 (if it gets traction I was planning on adding historical primaries with any candidate, including customizable ones). Any volunteers?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 07:15:39 AM »

I'll be a volunteer
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 07:50:53 AM »

I volunteer as tribute.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 09:19:14 AM »

Awesome! Who wants to be Romney or Obama.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »

Awesome! Who wants to be Romney or Obama.

I'll be Romney, I suppose.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 04:55:48 PM »

LLR got Obama, you want to be a third party Johnson or Stein?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 05:28:26 PM »

Power Politics: Turn One

President Barack Obama Democrat - IL

President Barack Obama enters the 2012 campaign as the incumbent, having defeated Senator John McCain in the 2008 election. He has governed as a moderate liberal, passing his Affordable Care Act also know as "Obamacare". And taking a hawkish stance on some foreign policy issues, especially in the Middle East.

Obama's administration has been dogged by a severe recession and an unconvincing recovery, which he has consistently blamed on the policies of his Republican predecessor and on the obstructionism of his political opponents in Congress.

Governor Mitt Romney Republican - MA

Mitt Romney enters the 2012 campaign as the Republican challenger. Having beaten a plethora of opponents, he now faces the task of re-uniting the party for the fall.

He has a record of public service as the former Governor of Massachusetts and he also headed Bain Capital for many years. He is generally perceived as a pro-business moderate and a competent manager.

Due to Romney's evolving positions on health care and social issues over the years, some conservatives question his sincerity. His challenge is to win that faction without alienating mainstream voters.

Governor Gary Johnson Libertarian -  NM

Governor Gary Johnson enters this race with a message of economic and social freedom. Having run for the Republican nomination, but dropped out due to little support.

He has now taken up the Libertarian mantle with a goal of not only changing the message on the Campaign Trail, but also to get his party to 5% of the national vote to qualify for federal funds.

Gentlemen, you have 24 hours to pick your Vice Presidents. Please PM me before your announcements, and I will give you their pros and cons. Good luck!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 06:12:19 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM PRESIDENT OBAMA

Hello, America! I am here today to announce that I will be running for president again in 2012! And I will be joined by my trusted Vice President, Joe Biden. Joe has been the best man for the job for the past few years, and he's truly done some incredible things. He was a terrific senator, a terrific vice president, and a terrific man. Thank you, and I hope you vote for Obama/Biden come November!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 01:26:36 AM »

If you need someone to serve as a running-mate for a campaign or if a campaign wishes a running-mate player character, feel free to use me.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 03:14:15 PM »

If you need someone to serve as a running-mate for a campaign or if a campaign wishes a running-mate player character, feel free to use me.

If it's allowed, I'd be fine with you being Joe Biden
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 03:29:40 PM »

I guess I can ask Kingpoleon "mini-questions".
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »

Hello, Milwaukee! By now, you probably already know why I'm here. I'm here to announce my vice presidential pick. I will be choosing a man who has served amazingly in Congress, has rapidly risen to become a Republican leader, and will most certainly be an amazing Vice President. As my running mate, I will be choosing Representative Paul Ryan!

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 03:52:19 PM »

Seeing all members have posted, I'll be posting the 1st Turn Questions and polling.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 04:50:44 PM »

I guess I can ask Kingpoleon "mini-questions".

Go ahead. I'm perfectly fine with Biden.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 08:59:51 PM »

bump
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 09:32:30 PM »

Working on it, I'm semi on vacation after a week of SOLs, so I have a bunch of stuff still to do. I'm sorry for the delay.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies