The Nashua Union-Monitor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:28:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Nashua Union-Monitor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Nashua Union-Monitor  (Read 2286 times)
Angrie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2016, 12:19:31 PM »
« edited: May 29, 2016, 12:22:53 PM by Angrie »

The Nashua Union-Monitor is New Hampshire's leading newspaper. It provides coverage of Atlasian politics, with a special emphasis on New Hampshire and the North.

SHEA-KUSTER FORMS EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE

BEDFORD, New Hampshire - Bedford Lawyer and activist Angie Shea-Kuster announced on Sunday that she was forming an exploratory committee for political office.

Bedford progressive activist, defence attorney, and mother of two, Angie Shea-Kuster

In what would be an unusual move in ordinary times, Shea-Kuster has not specified exactly which office she will be running for, or when. "It's all just so up in the air, what with the new Constitution," said Shea-Kuster. "You can't tell just what offices will be up for election, or when. You don't know the district lines. So it's really an unusual situation." Sources close to Shea-Kuster said she was leaning towards running for the Assembly or House of Representatives. But when pressed for details and asked about the new constitution, they sounded flustered.

Shea-Kuster emphasized her progressive policy stances on issues such as the economy, education, climate change, and women's rights. "We need a new way of thinking, cutting through the old barriers, a new progressive politics in New Hampshire and Atlasia. Together, we will build a better future for all of our children."

Shea-Kuster huddles with advisors to plot campaign strategy

Shea-Kuster announced five initial events on a listening tour to gauge support for her candidacy and to hear the concerns of the people. The first five events would be held in western New Hampshire [NH-02] (in Bedford, Nashua, Concord, Keene, and Hanover), with plans to campaign later across other parts of the Northern region, depending upon which office she runs for and district lines.

But Bill Johnson, a spokesperson for the conservative Heritage Institute, downplayed the news of Shea-Kuster's possible candidacy. In a statement, he said, "Angie Shea-Kuster is little more than an unqualified soccer mom, with no political experience. She doesn't even know what office to run for, and she thinks she is fit to serve as a representative of the people? Her calls for change and reform fall will flat. This is just one more example in a long string of missteps and failed policies, showing how Labor undervalues experience, competence, and knowledge."

Erin Peterson, Shea-Kuster's press secretary, countered that the political establishment has become out of step with the people. "These guys just don't get it. People in New Hampshire and the North are sick and tired of the failure of incumbents to get anything done for the people. They have plenty of experience at the same old politics, messing things up. Angie Shea-Kuster has the experience that matters - a commitment to justice, liberty, equality, experience as a mother, lawyer, and activist for non-profits. Angie Shea-Kuster has accomplished more in a few years representing indigent clients and advising Manchester area non-profits like Granite State Food Pantry than the same old politicians have accomplished in decades of languishing stagnation."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »

What???
Angrie

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 12:26:18 PM »

I'm starting a newspaper, and am interested in any input people may have as to what to run for, particularly from labor party supporters, but also from the general public. I am still not clear on whether the regional Assembly still exists, but that would be the be the best place to start? Hence the exploratory committee.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 12:28:39 PM »

I'm starting a newspaper, and am interested in any input people may have as to what to run for, particularly from labor party supporters, but also from the general public. I am still not clear on whether the regional Assembly still exists, but that would be the be the best place to start? Hence the exploratory committee.

We will not be sure yet until the Regional Committee finishes their job, so keep an eye on them.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 12:30:11 PM »

No, but a committee to set up the Assembly is. You could run for Senator, you'll have to ask the Northeast Committee though as what their rules will be for the Senate elections.

I wish you luck, it's really quite hard to run for office in Atlasia, being a sock and all.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 12:34:55 PM »

personally i'd think that your best bet would be the first elections for the new region's legislature, which will be held more or less directly after we ratify a constitution. if you want to already be involved before then, i'd suggest getting involved in poirot's discussion thread about the constitution.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »

I wish you luck, it's really quite hard to run for office in Atlasia, being a sock and all.

we've had at least two sockpuppets as president ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »

No, but a committee to set up the Assembly is. You could run for Senator, you'll have to ask the Northeast Committee though as what their rules will be for the Senate elections.

lmao
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 12:50:30 PM »

I'm cool with it. I really operate under the 'innocent until proven guilty' mentality, plus I don't exactly like baseless sock accusations being thrown around.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »

I'm cool with it. I really operate under the 'innocent until proven guilty' mentality, plus I don't exactly like baseless sock accusations being thrown around.

Shut up evergreen.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 12:52:51 PM »

But I use uppercase letters!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 12:55:04 PM »

We need a thread solely for mods to weigh in on sock accusations.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 01:09:29 PM »

That's what you want me to think.
Angrie

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »

Obviously my name is not actually Angie Shea-Kuster.

But nor am I anyone's sock.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sock%20puppet

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The bolded part does not apply.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 01:15:01 PM »

How does this forum define socks? (as in sock puppets)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »

I'm joking around, but the undertone is that you are tapping into an Atlasian meme. If a new poster came in here with the name "LAST RODEO be4 reeapuintment", I'd say the same.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 01:41:35 PM »

Sounds like a plan to me.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »

Sorry you're so triggered by it, TNVolunteer. Do you need a safe space?
Angrie

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »

I'm joking around, but the undertone is that you are tapping into an Atlasian meme. If a new poster came in here with the name "LAST RODEO be4 reeapuintment", I'd say the same.

Yeah, I am obviously aware of the meme.
Angrie

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 02:16:45 PM »

Also... Angrie Shea-Kuster? LOL That name alone should be a bannable offense. Not to mention that Ann Kuster ran a pretty racist campaign against Marilinda Garcia in 2014...

There's no "r" in Angie Shea-Kuster, and I cannot see why that would possibly be a bannable offense.

All I have done is lurked on and off (frankly, for probably about a decade at this point), lurked more heavily during the 2016 primaries, followed mostly the 2016 board and the political geography and demographics board, finally registered, and when I did so asked myself the question, "hmmm, what would be a really good Atlas username."
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 02:20:07 PM »

It's okay, Angrie. Wink I'm looking forward to this, especially if you run a Climbing Maggie-style campaign that is focused solely on White women. Smiley

You could run against her. That would be a race for the ages.
Angrie

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 12:23:36 PM »

The Nashua Union-Monitor is New Hampshire's leading newspaper. It provides coverage of Atlasian politics, with a special emphasis on New Hampshire and the North.

SHEA-KUSTER TAKES LISTENING TOUR TO KEENE

BEDFORD, New Hampshire (5/30/2016) - Angie Shea-Kuster took her fledgling campaign to Keene on Monday, where she held a listening tour event at Keene State University. Shea-Kuster began by introducing herself. She emphasized her lifelong ties to New Hampshire, from her childhood growing up on the Seacoast in Portsmouth, with many pleasant summer days by the lake in Laconia, to her time as a day student at Phillips Exeter Academy, to her undergraduate years as an Economics major at Dartmouth, and then at the UNH Law School in Concord (not Durham). And finally to her present life in Bedford.

Angie Shea-Kuster takes questions in Keene.

Shea-Kuster then opened the floor to listen to what members of the audience thought she should hear, and to take questions. One memorable moment came when an audience member, Tim from Swanzey, told Shea-Kuster about his daughter, who is a Heroin addict. He emphasized the trouble she had since high school, her harsh treatment at the hands of the law, and her struggles with addiction. Shea-Kuster spoke of her experiences representing addicts who were prosecuted under harsh drug laws, and emphasized the need for reform and a renewed focus on treatment. "Heroin addiction is a medical issue, and a social problem. It is ravaging New Hampshire and the north, now more than ever in rural areas. I have seen it first hand, and I know the struggle you are going through. We have to fix it, and we will fix it. The same old incumbent politicians don't get it. But I know that we have to do right by all of our kids. We need to fix this, for them." A handful of audience members began to softly cry, and then the crowd broke out into a chant of "Run Angie Run!"
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2016, 12:25:38 PM »

Who is Angie and what the heck is she running for. Also this would be better suited in the Elections What-If thread because these stories have nothing to do with Atlasia
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2016, 12:27:29 PM »

What are you running for, Angrie? If you haven't already, you should declare in the Candidate Declaration thread.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2016, 12:35:38 PM »

Who is Angie and what the heck is she running for. Also this would be better suited in the Elections What-If thread because these stories have nothing to do with Atlasia

Angie is Angrie (the user), and this is detailing her run for Atlasian office.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies