The South will rise again.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:53:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The South will rise again.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Author Topic: The South will rise again.  (Read 28623 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 05:16:54 PM »

Listen to, yes. Agree with 100%, no.

You know here is the thing, for all the talk of "many" chances, I have not seen many chances given here. No chance to write a pro-life bill, write a human trafficking bill, write a tax cut bill, write a deficit reducing bill and so and so forth.

The election was just two days ago. Before the election even started we had the bathroom issue, and now this. On the contrary rather than give chances for social conservatives to act, it seems that every single deviance is treated with probationary attitude with the expectation that deviance from perfection will cease. I am sorry if that came about as result of some misunderstanding or whatever.

There are areas which we can do great work for social conservatives, but there are just some issues that will never fly in Atlasia. This is the second time Ben Kenobi has brought up the this issue as being a "deviation from the Federalist Platform". I wrote the Mission Statement for the present platform, it doesn't touch this issue. It does however pledge equality on a broad basis. The platform itself if I am not mistake also states a preference for regional over federal action on social issues. That is pretty much it. I learned my first year here, that if you want to make your life miserable, and ruin everything else you can achieve, you can anger the LGBTQ+ community in a Senate that was I think 40% at the time, members of that community, including members on the center right side of the chamber.

I have always support civil unions, basic equality and respect.  Ben Kenobi just the other day was telling me he was all about respecting the community in question. A good bit about Tmth and Evergreen's bill is indeed about respect. I think it is close to 2/3rds of the text, but I haven't run the number and I am not going to. Portions of this were passed early in Atlasia's existence, the few that weren't, I am pretty sure I voted for most if not all as they came up piecemeal. 

I can understand if some clauses cause concern for conservatives and as Classic Conservative an I am sure JCL and a couple of others will seek to amend those portions. We will have a debate, the debate will be civil, the majority will have its say and we will move onto something more up the conservative wheel house. That is what a functioning majority does and that is what we are going to do. We are part of a team, we are not going to be able to please everyone 100% on such a diverse team, but we will strive to achieve something so that everyone can be proud of this administration, that includes both social conservatives and our more moderate and civil libertarian members as well.

Now one big mistake we made in all of this was that there was a surprise action, followed by a request to remain silent. I understand why the request was made, Tmth wanted to get this issue done with so indeed he can move onto those very issues where Ben Kenobi would be far more pleased or the very least less hostile. But it seems, that once again, the perfect has once again become the enemy of the good and he has decided to fall on the sword of perfection once again.

I am not surprised, but I am disappointed, because I thought we were passed this after the bathroom issue during the campaign.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 05:19:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You didn't run on it. You didn't tell me. You didn't tell any of us. And now you expect us to support you, believe you or trust you in the future.

Sorry Yankee. You blew it. Rather than work on trust and talk and consultation you decided that consultation wasn't important enough.

What other 'surprises' do you have for us, Yankee?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »

i'm sorry that atlasia doesn't conform to your virulently bigoted fantasies ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »

I'm amused. We won a 60-40 victory and the first thing that happens is that the entire docket is dominated by evergreen.

Well played, ma'am. I have to congratulate you. Smiley Job well done.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 05:29:48 PM »

I'm amused. We won a 60-40 victory and the first thing that happens is that the entire docket is dominated by evergreen.

Well played, ma'am. I have to congratulate you. Smiley Job well done.
It is?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 05:32:55 PM »

Why are we being forced to vote yes on an evergreen bill?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 05:32:56 PM »

i've introduced literally one bill so far. if you mean it dominates in terms of importance, maybe that could be argued, but otherwise…
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2016, 05:35:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You didn't run on it. You didn't tell me. You didn't tell any of us. And now you expect us to support you, believe you or trust you in the future.

Sorry Yankee. You blew it. Rather than work on trust and talk and consultation you decided that consultation wasn't important enough.

What other 'surprises' do you have for us, Yankee?

I didn't even discover this was a thing until sometime after midnight last night. My computer crapped out on me and I litteraly just got it fixed, I think. My preference would indeed have been to get everyone on the same page or at the very least respectfully disagreeing before this was launched. I even said that was a priority last night before everything crapped out. I had no chance to do anything on this or any other matter, until after you had already posted in your thread at 3 or whatever it was.

Tmth wants to move quickly, he wants to get stuff done. There is a lot on the agenda and a very short time to get it done, I cannot fault him for. He had everyone's interest at heart in doing so.

I wish you wouldn't treat this as a hostile act and I wish you wouldn't blame me or call me I liar or attack him either. I spent 2014 and 2015 being mocked and ridiculed, and having my tombstone chiseled in granite by people I thought were my allies (and also I will note by others including Evergreen ironically. Tongue). You promised me I could celebrate all I wanted to after this election, I didn't expect the honeymoon to end after 2 days, and literally one day before I start a seven day stretch at work.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2016, 05:39:17 PM »

Has this thread turned into another purist sh**t-fit by Ben Kenobi yet?

Ah, the good ol' days. Cheesy

Also, the South did "rise again", fortunately, thanks to my persistent efforts in pushing upon the masses a new game, and a map that was built around Southern Superiority (at the expense of those other silly and redundant Regions, which were chopped up). Hark!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »

Sorry, Yankee. Trust is very hard to earn back after a stunt like this.

I didn't end the honeymoon. I had TM PM me and tell me to be silent and fall in line and support evergreen.

I mean, WTF? 2 days after the election?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2016, 05:41:33 PM »

Haha, I just read the relevant parts. Kenobi, don't you know that this always happens (I could say the same thing to the opportunistic Federalists)? You two just can't play well together. You should have just stayed in Labor: you'd have more freedom there!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2016, 05:43:14 PM »

I didn't end the honeymoon. I had TM PM me and tell me to be silent and fall in line and support evergreen.

I don't think that is what he was trying to do. Is it possible you could have misinterpreted him?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2016, 05:44:12 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 05:46:45 PM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Haha, I just read the relevant parts. Kenobi, don't you know that this always happens (I could say the same thing to the opportunistic Federalists)? You two just can't play well together. You should have just stayed in Labor: you'd have more freedom there!

So Labor is going to become an anti-gay rights party?

Please, spare us the comedy! Tongue

He has perfect freedom to espouse his views, run on them and win election as a Federalist and he has more natural support in this party then he would ever have in LAbor, where he would just be used as a grenade by you, rather then actually be supported by people who share at least some of his vision as opposed to none of it. 
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2016, 05:45:03 PM »

Please! Tongue
If that happens I'm joining you guys Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2016, 05:46:11 PM »

Please! Tongue

Nah, I just know that we wouldn't have any misconceptions about trying to control a wild boar rampaging through the ideological china shop. It seems the Federalists never learn that lesson. Greedy for more votes - sad!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2016, 05:48:40 PM »

He has perfect freedom to espouse his views, run on them and win election as a Federalist and he has more natural support in this party then he would ever have in LAbor, where he would just be used as a grenade by you, rather then actually be supported by people who share at least some of his vision as opposed to none of it.  

Hmm, because the way I see it, you're already trying to crack the whip and shut him up after just a couple of days! What a funny way to show "support". At least Labor is honest with its intentions and doesn't try to shut its members down constantly after recruiting them, knowing full good and well they can't be controlled. Fedoralololists just never learn!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2016, 05:49:05 PM »

I don't think that is what he was trying to do. Is it possible you could have misinterpreted him?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2016, 05:49:29 PM »

if you're implying that senator tmth is faking his support of lgbt+ rights in an opportunistic grab for votes, i'm gonna have to protest
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2016, 05:54:49 PM »

I meant, I don't think Tmth was asking him to fall in line and support it. Just ease up at the attacks at bit.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2016, 05:56:10 PM »

if you're implying that senator tmth is faking his support of lgbt+ rights in an opportunistic grab for votes, i'm gonna have to protest

It's not surprising Ben cannot comprehend that people can have an open mind.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2016, 05:56:24 PM »

Sad to see you go, but fortunately, there are some new courageous conservative players who are willing to fight for our values. Hopefully you come back when we strengthen our wing of the party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2016, 06:02:37 PM »

Hmm, because the way I see it, you're already trying to crack the whip and shut him up after just a couple of days! What a funny way to show "support". At least Labor is honest with its intentions and doesn't try to shut its members down constantly after recruiting them, knowing full good and well they can't be controlled. Fedoralololists just never learn!

Which explains why you let your members run wild and twice plunge the country into chaos, meanwhile undermining the most reasonable President you ever elected. Tongue

I promised we would hear Ben Kenobi out, and that we would advance those areas of agreement that were practical. He agreed with that and promised not to overreact in the future. I think this is a comedy of errors playing out here. Tmth wanted to move quickly, get LBHTQ done and on your desk before Friday, and give Ben Kenobi a heads up to prevent this problem. But the communication went awry as to the justification, or Kenobi just rejected it out of hand and we are at present with this mess. There were better ways to handle this on all our parts, but I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to do anything wrong in this business.

Aside from you stirring up the pot as you always want to do. Tongue Tmth is not lying about what he believes, nor am I seeking to suppress Kenobi's opinions.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2016, 06:15:17 PM »

Can I have permition to sig your last comments.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »

In the Words of Ronald Reagan
Mr Senator North Carolina Yankee, PPT
There you go Again
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2016, 07:03:47 PM »

Can I have permition to sig your last comments.

By all means!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies