The South will rise again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:37:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The South will rise again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The South will rise again.  (Read 28999 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 04, 2016, 01:39:59 PM »

The South is still strong, after so many years.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 03:41:13 PM »

Endorsed!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »

Ouch, hope you stick around. We're going to do what we can to tamp down this bill and deal with the more objectionable parts of it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 12:46:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Then where's the beef? If the party is so prolife, why haven't they introduced a prolife bill yet?

Why don't the prolife bills come first?

Believe me, I am fully expecting to see a pro-life bill come down the pike soon.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 01:37:17 PM »

Are you suggesting I'm not a conservative?

And there we have it. An official unendorsement from the chief of the Federalists. Next time pass a prolife bill first rather than ramming through evergreens crap.

At least now the Feds are out of power again.

Having worked with him for years, I would not expect Mr. Yankee to support a vain project that will not suffice to advance its own goals, but rather promote the success of Labor.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 02:11:09 PM »

Which explains TM's reaching around the aisle to collaborate with Evergreen? Sir - the Federalists have become Labor.

Suppose you could work with a Labor politician to advance an issue you believed in. Would you refuse the opportunity because it would involve working with Labor? If tmth disagreed with you on this issue and objected to you working with a Labor politician, would you subsequently give it up?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 09:24:57 PM »

The problem was twofold. One - we had just won an election. We could pass stuff without Labor's assistance. There was no need to work to pass their bills because we had our own agenda. If, as you said, the only way to get business done was to work with Labor, then heck, cut a deal do the best you can.

Two, not only did we not cut a deal, we gave away the store. TM knew it was sh**tty legislation and rammed it through anyways. I was left with the choice of endorsing TM, and then fighting on with that albatross, or resigning my campaign and taking the route that you've seen. I had an epiphany when I realized that TM was trying to ram the bill through ASAP and that's when I decided to take a different tack.

This was a bad deal that we did not need to sign.

The point is that not everyone agreed with you or agreed with him there. I wouldn't have proposed it or signed it. But tmth thought differently than you did. He wanted to put his name to the bill; he doesn't have to agree with the Federalist Party platform to do that. Any one of us has the right to support policies that they personally support. We can differ from each other on this.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 11:51:14 PM »

It is true that you have a certain style that isn't always easy to work with (we've butted heads a few times), but I consider you a good friend and greatly appreciate having played the game with you. You have made real contributions in your time here, and I think it's important to recognize that. I agree with dfwlibertylover that the recall was unjustified, and I wish you success in your future endeavors.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies