Bernie now dictating to Hillary how to pick her VP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:39:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie now dictating to Hillary how to pick her VP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Bernie now dictating to Hillary how to pick her VP  (Read 3168 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »
« edited: May 30, 2016, 01:22:12 PM by hermit »

The real story here is that he's acknowledging she, not him, will be choosing a VP. Last time I checked he was still in "we can still win!" mode.

There's that, but he's still talking about convincing superdelegates to back his candidacy.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2016, 01:49:46 PM »

The real story here is that he's acknowledging she, not him, will be choosing a VP. Last time I checked he was still in "we can still win!" mode.

There's that, but he's still talking about convincing superdelegates to back his candidacy.

That'll be shut down pretty quickly if he's still saying it on June 8th. Patience.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2016, 01:52:22 PM »

That'll be shut down pretty quickly if he's still saying it on June 8th. Patience.

Sigh. Not my strong point.
mgop
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2016, 01:53:43 PM »

he should run as a third party candidate. he is not a democrat, he's independent and dnc was very unfair to him.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »

he should run as a third party candidate. he is not a democrat, he's independent and dnc was very unfair to him.

Is that you Donald?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2016, 02:01:18 PM »

Can you imagine how unimaginably pissed the Sandernistas would be had Hillary behaved this way towards Obama in 2008? The double standard is sickening. It's time to remove this thorn from our side known as Bernie Sanders and his unhinged bohemian supporters. We've tolerated their immature tactics and shenanigans for far too long. Of course, Bernie cares as much about party unity as I care as much as to how jfern is going to spin this post.

Whether or not the hammer comes down will depend on his actions after June 7th. But yeah, so many of the Bernie people have no sense of context. Hillary and her supporters were treated FAR worse in 2008 despite her doing much better. Bernie has been treated with kid gloves, by both Hillary's campaign and the Democratic establishment.

Eh.

It's because Sanders is pushing an ideological difference within the party, while Clinton was going on purely because of ego/to secure a posting in the Obama administration. The Establishment isn't being nice, they just know that if they come down on Bernie his supporters will stay home. It's good politics for them to back off, but it's just as good politics for Bernie to keep pushing as far as that will take the progs within the party.

As for Birkenstock's comment about Bohemians:

Oh yeah
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/31/upshot/bernie-sanders-is-making-surprising-gains-with-less-affluent-whites.html

We're a bunch of Bohemian leftists alright

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/05/upshot/iowas-electoral-breakdown-and-the-democratic-divide.html?_r=0

Just sitting around sipping our expensive wine

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/2/11144804/bernie-sanders-oklahoma
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2016, 10:12:53 AM »

Can you imagine how unimaginably pissed the Sandernistas would be had Hillary behaved this way towards Obama in 2008? The double standard is sickening. It's time to remove this thorn from our side known as Bernie Sanders and his unhinged bohemian supporters. We've tolerated their immature tactics and shenanigans for far too long. Of course, Bernie cares as much about party unity as I care as much as to how jfern is going to spin this post.

Where are you getting this idea that all "Sandernistas" were Obama supporters in 2008? This is an attitude I've seen a lot from you and IceSpear, that Sanders supporters are generally people who have opposed Hillary Clinton for her entire career and base their politics on not backing Clinton.

Anyway, the VP candidate will have absolutely no effect on the outcome of the general, unless they're a disaster. Clinton should pick the person she thinks will be the best VP. I'd like it to be someone I ideologically agree with in case they become President some day, but at the same time I want those people to stay in the Senate.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2016, 10:16:13 AM »

Crooked Hillary must pick Warren.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »

Where are you getting this idea that all "Sandernistas" were Obama supporters in 2008? This is an attitude I've seen a lot from you and IceSpear, that Sanders supporters are generally people who have opposed Hillary Clinton for her entire career and base their politics on not backing Clinton.

Anyway, the VP candidate will have absolutely no effect on the outcome of the general, unless they're a disaster. Clinton should pick the person she thinks will be the best VP. I'd like it to be someone I ideologically agree with in case they become President some day, but at the same time I want those people to stay in the Senate.

Not all of them, but many were. Although even before that many were Edwards supporters, like jfern.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies