Bernie now dictating to Hillary how to pick her VP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:25:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie now dictating to Hillary how to pick her VP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie now dictating to Hillary how to pick her VP  (Read 3138 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 29, 2016, 07:30:09 PM »

I get why people would be pissed about being Bernie's shifting rhetoric on superdelegates or get pissed if he came out with harsh attacks on Hillary right now, but idk why people freak out at him trying to use all of the leverage he has to push the party in what he believes to be an important direction.

It's not like he's twisting Hillary's arm until she gives HIM the VP slot or some cushy job with a limo or something.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 09:11:04 PM »

I get why people would be pissed about being Bernie's shifting rhetoric on superdelegates or get pissed if he came out with harsh attacks on Hillary right now, but idk why people freak out at him trying to use all of the leverage he has to push the party in what he believes to be an important direction.

It's not like he's twisting Hillary's arm until she gives HIM the VP slot or some cushy job with a limo or something.

Considering that he's not even a Democrat, that he just signed up to run for President, I think he has some major balls trying to do anything like he has been doing lately. If the majority was with him then the majority would have voted for him in greater numbers than they voted for Hillary, and Bernie would have more clout when trying to "push the party" in whatever direction he saw fit.

He's pushing his own agenda and I find it tiring at this point in the game.

Is it because you disagree with his agenda or because you don't like the idea of people pushing their agenda in this way?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 09:31:41 PM »

He's not allowed to have an opinion now? He can't force her to do anything.

EXACTLY!

Going around and saying that people should stay home or vote for Trump, or lying about her record, or trying to get the superdelegates to flip is one thing, and I disagree with all of those approaches (to be fair, he hasn't really taken any of them and I doubt he will, and any suggestions that he would are just posturing).

Simply trying to speak out to the powerful and get them to act on something he believes is right?  I don't see what's so offensive about that.  You're allowed to disagree with his vision and push back hard against him and make an opposing case, but criticizing him for speaking and using his voice to twist Hillary's arm for something he genuinely believes in is just dumb IMO.

A much better thread title would be "Bernie advising Hillary to make stupid VP far left picks that are too extreme IMO/will hurt the Democrats chances at election," if that's how you genuinely feel.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 08:56:17 AM »

Frankly, Bernie just can’t get over it that he has lost to her.

I think Bernie got over the fact that he lost on April 30, 2015, and has just been trying to extract concessions ever since.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies