Bernie now dictating to Hillary how to pick her VP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:15:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie now dictating to Hillary how to pick her VP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie now dictating to Hillary how to pick her VP  (Read 3171 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: May 29, 2016, 07:28:46 PM »

As somebody who's backed Bernie since May of 2015, he should let the presumptive nominee do what she wants.

This. In fact Hillary should pick a mainstreamer like Booker or Kaine or Hickenlooper.

Best tactic to get a Trump presidency 10/10

Yup.

Turns out you need the WHOLE party's vote to win, and a significant portion of the party has said it doesn't want a mainstreamer.

Kind of the problem that that portion of the party thinks it speaks and reflects a bigger proportion of the electorate than it actually does.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 07:36:03 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2016, 07:40:21 PM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

Agree with Raphael above.

Kind of the problem that that portion of the party thinks it speaks and reflects a bigger proportion of the electorate than it actually does.

Okay! Let's keep thinking that way.

Boy do I love Unity.

Um... it's true. But I'm all for getting together, and I've been calling for Hillary to pick someone from the Democratic left, but not someone who is going to alienate the middle, which is where elections are still decided. We're at a time when the party bases are shifting further from the middle, we can't pretend that isn't the case. We're fortunate however, that (to paraphrase Maher) the GOP has shifted into the psychiatric ward.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies