Office of Cris (On the future of CR and of the Atlasian centre/centre-right).
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:24:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Cris (On the future of CR and of the Atlasian centre/centre-right).
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Cris (On the future of CR and of the Atlasian centre/centre-right).  (Read 495 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 30, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »
« edited: May 30, 2016, 09:34:23 AM by Cris »

Welcome to my new office.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:21:23 AM »

RESERVED
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 09:31:46 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2016, 09:35:14 AM by Cris »

THE FUTURE OF CIVIC RENEWAL AND OF THE ATLASIAN CENTRE/CENTRE-RIGHT.

The votes for the House At-Large election are being counted right now and looks like that the CR candidate RPryor03 didn't win a seat in the new House.
It's pretty much clear that the CR forces are not enough to reach the goal of uniting the centre/centre-right wing of Atlasia and of electing public officials who are expression of this wing.
I, along with other good people, was already working on uniting the centre/centre-right and the only doubt was about the future of Civic Renewal: keep it or not? It's now clear that we can't continue with CR, but it's time for something new. A lot of people expressed interest for a new party that unites the centre/centre-right wing of Atlasia and the time is now.
So I can announce that at the June CR Convention, I'll move to end the experience of Civic Renewal, in order to create a new party, a new movement that Atlasia needs right now.
If you are interested in this new project and if you want to share with us your ideas, thoughts, please contact me!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 09:47:08 AM »

Good luck my friend Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »

Why not just let the Federalist Party be the right wing party? It's pretty clear there's no market or hunger for another right wing party like the CRs. Creating a new party will just be renaming the failed CRs.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 10:37:06 AM »

Why not just let the Federalist Party be the right wing party? It's pretty clear there's no market or hunger for another right wing party like the CRs. Creating a new party will just be renaming the failed CRs.

The truth is that the federalists have been pushed further and further to the right
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 11:12:57 AM »

The truth is that the federalists have been pushed further and further to the right

I seriously doubt that
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »

The votes for the House At-Large election are being counted right now and looks like that the CR candidate RPryor03 didn't win a seat in the new House.
It's pretty much clear that the CR forces are not enough to reach the goal of uniting the centre/centre-right wing of Atlasia and of electing public officials who are expression of this wing.
I, along with other good people, was already working on uniting the centre/centre-right and the only doubt was about the future of Civic Renewal: keep it or not? It's now clear that we can't continue with CR, but it's time for something new. A lot of people expressed interest for a new party that unites the centre/centre-right wing of Atlasia and the time is now.
So I can announce that at the June CR Convention, I'll move to end the experience of Civic Renewal, in order to create a new party, a new movement that Atlasia needs right now.
If you are interested in this new project and if you want to share with us your ideas, thoughts, please contact me!

If Rpryor did lose it would likely have only been by the narrowest of margins. Extrapolating from that such a judgement about CR is kind of excessive.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 11:29:34 AM »

That is going to come as quite a shock to the likes of Clark, Ted, JoMCar and many, many others. Also to about half of our newest recruits.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 11:29:45 AM »

Thank you! Smiley

I respectfuly disagree.

CR failed for a lot of reasons and now there is the right enthusiasm for creating something new. A lot of people who are not CR members have expressed their interest in a new party and I'm sure that there are other people that have not expressed their interests but that would be attracted by this new project.

The Federalist Party is a right wing party, CR (and the future party) is not. The new party will not be the "left of the Federalists" or a satellite of the Federalists. It'll be a party for all people who shares centre or centre-right values, it'll be a party for all Independents. Our project is a strong third party like the old TPP, with the difference that it was a centre/centre-left party, while we'll be a centre/centre-right party.

And I'll tell you more: I think the new party would be a perfect fit for you!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »

If Rpryor did lose it would likely have only been by the narrowest of margins. Extrapolating from that such a judgement about CR is kind of excessive.
Even if RPryor wins (and I hope so), the CR project is failed. Not the ideals behind it. Currently, we're being seen as a satellite party to the federalists and this is not true. We want to become a stable third party who shares centre and centre-right values. In order to do that, a new start is necessary.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 11:38:05 AM »

That is going to come as quite a shock to the likes of Clark, Ted, JoMCar and many, many others. Also to about half of our newest recruits.

Indeed, (although I almost fall into both of those categories Tongue) I was about to come in to refute this. Rep-elect Goldwater and Northeast Governor RGN are even more examples of more moderate Feds.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 12:35:20 PM »

Even if RPryor wins (and I hope so), the CR project is failed. Not the ideals behind it. Currently, we're being seen as a satellite party to the federalists and this is not true. We want to become a stable third party who shares centre and centre-right values. In order to do that, a new start is necessary.

Perception does not matter. I rejected perception back last year and rejected all proposals dictated by it. We didn't change our party, our color, our name or our identity. Now the country is awash in orangered because we stood firm and prevailed.

CRs problem is lack of turnout, lack of cohesion and probably not enough indy outreach in this particular election. You always won by pulling all three together.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 02:17:16 PM »

Hey I've spend the last 6 months protecting abortion rights in the North and South
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »

I've just come back. I'm very happy with the job that NC Yankee has done with the Federalists and especially with their newer members.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 12:12:39 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2016, 12:14:26 AM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Hey I've spend the last 6 months protecting abortion rights in the North and South

As per the Atlasian version of Roe V. Wade, Abortion is 100% a regional issue.

If you are going to build a false narrative, I would recommend not using something ADam tried and failed to use three years ago.

He ran around calling us the coathanger party because the ME Feds went to town and claimed that if we ever got control of the Senate, abortion would be outlawed.

Considering half our Senators were pro-choice at time, that probably came as quite a shock to them to learn from the almighty Adam that they were planning to make abortion illegal. In fact at the federal level, we were the moderate party on the issue because at the time Labor was trying to legalize abortion on demand via constitutional amendment, which we killed.

Also, PiT and myself voted against the last attempt at Federal abortion regulations by Potus because of the constitution a few months ago. Give me a break!

Try again next time.

Also, a good percentage of CRs are pro-life last I checked. So double fail!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 01:53:45 AM »

Why not unite the centre-left/centre/centre-right? The TPP was far more successful in votes than it was in members, and I think that the prominence of New Laborites like Senator Blair show that those voters are still around. I honestly feel like calling it centre-right will just make it seem as though you're just here for some moderate Federalists.

That said, I endorse any and all attempts at this centrist party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 02:28:24 AM »

Why not unite the centre-left/centre/centre-right? The TPP was far more successful in votes than it was in members, and I think that the prominence of New Laborites like Senator Blair show that those voters are still around. I honestly feel like calling it centre-right will just make it seem as though you're just here for some moderate Federalists.

That said, I endorse any and all attempts at this centrist party.

Labor has absorbed a good portion of the center left by moving to the center by necessity. LAbor took a big hit last year. Its membership dropped from 56 to to the low 30s, though it has since recovered. A lot of indy leftists also left the game. Labor those broadened its appeal and its base.

The fact that Blair is Labor Chairman and Truman is their candidate illustrates perfectly the difficulty in recreating a TPP.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies