Leinad/Lumine - Clear Leadership for the Future - Thanks!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:40:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Leinad/Lumine - Clear Leadership for the Future - Thanks!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Leinad/Lumine - Clear Leadership for the Future - Thanks!  (Read 6920 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 30, 2016, 11:31:40 PM »
« edited: June 27, 2016, 12:08:59 AM by President-Elect Leinad »

Thank You!

Information
Presidential Candidate Leinad (F-GA)
Vice-Presidential Candidate Lumine (CR-UT)
Leinad's Experience:
    Southern Legislator (July 2015-August 2015)
    Southern Governor (August 2015-May 2016)
    Constitutional Convention Delegate (September 2015-May 2016)
    Constitutional Convention Deputy Presiding Officer (November 2015-May 2016)
    At-Large Senator (May 2016-Present)
    Southern Regional Committee Chair (May 2016-Present)

Speeches
Announcement Speech in Atlanta, GA
Lumine Announcement in San Francisco, CA
Federalist Party Convention Address in Lincoln, NE
Economic Policy Speech in Pittsburgh, PA
Criminal Justice Reform Speech in Chicago, IL

Endorsements
Former President and Senator Tmthforu94 (Fed-KS)
Former IDS Speaker Ben Kenobi (Fed-TX)
Representative JCL (Fed-IN)
Former Northeast Governor RGN Fed-NY
Former Senator and Representative North Carolina Yankee (Fed-NC)
Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)
House Speaker Clark Kent  (Fed-CT)
Former Governor Ted Bessell (Fed-CA)
Representative Classic Conservative (Fed-TX)
Former IDS Speaker Chairman Sanchez (Fed-FL)
Representative Haslam2020 (Fed-TN)

Mr. ElectionsGuy (DR-TX)
Senator Altsomn Jay Stmarken (Fed-SD)
Former Senator Cris (CR-CO)
Former Senator and Elections Officer RPryor (CR-HI)

Former Southern Governor and Former Senator PiT (Fed-LA)
Former GM Enduro (Fed-PA)
Mr. Heisenberg (Fed-NM)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:32:30 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2016, 11:39:48 PM by Leinad »

Leinad for President!
Clear Leadership for the Future

Since you all can read the title, I'll cut the fake suspense: I am running for President of Atlasia in the upcoming June election.

Why am I running? Well, I agree with what Yankee said: the game will only last as long as there are people willing to play it. In case that sounds familiar, Truman used the same quote, but I'm not sure he understands what that means. I think we need to precisely define what "playing Atlasia" is. I believe that there are two key fundamentals of Atlasia: contesting elections and advancing issues. Therefore, I assure you that I will run an active campaign and be clear on the issues. I wouldn't expect to go far  otherwise. This is a campaign, and I am excited to have a conversation with Atlasians about the issues currently facing them and how we can best achieve our goals. I will make the case that I am the strongest candidate to achieve them.

In the coming days, I will release where we stand on the issues and offer a clear vision for what my administration will look like. The general theme of this campaign will be the concept of personal liberty. All people have the inherit equal right to live how they want to live, and it is government's role to ensure that, not restrain it. I believe in decentralized government which I advocated for throughout the Constitutional Convention – having strong regions is vital to a successful Atlasia.

This election is not just about our positions on various issues, but also about our experience and leadership capabilities. During my 8 months as Governor of the Southeast, I led a well-documented recovery in a region that desperately needed it. I played an instrumental role in the passage of our new constitution, both as delegate and Deputy Presiding Officer. I have experience, both executive and legislative, that makes me confident that I’m prepared for the job.

Atlasia is truly at a crossroads – how this election turns out will determine the direction this new era of Atlasia takes. It’s important that we take a direction of supporting individual liberty and the rights of regions. I am ready to hit the ground running, and look forward to making my case with citizens across Atlasia in the coming weeks.

The first step in leadership is to listen to the people you seek to represent. I want your thoughts and ideas on how we can better Atlasia. Please click here and share your ideas!

Thank you!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 11:34:03 PM »

You have been an asset to South and all of Atlasia. You will make a great president - endorsed! Smiley
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 11:37:02 PM »

I have not long known Senator Leinad. Thankfully, I have had a chance to.. commensurate with him at the Ranch. I hope that Atlas will give this fine man a shot at the brass ring. I am most happy to offer him my endorsement. Long may we serve under Leinad.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 11:47:23 PM »

Let's Roll!!! Endorsed
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 12:11:22 AM »

Endorsed!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 12:19:40 AM »

Happily Endorsed! Smiley
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 01:21:48 AM »

Endorsed.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »

Enthusiastically endorsed!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 08:05:30 AM »

Endorsed. It's leadership like yours we'll need in the transitional period.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 09:37:16 AM »

This is going to be an interesting race.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 09:54:26 AM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!!!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 10:34:41 AM »

Endorsed (former IDS Speaker from forever ago).
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »

Welcome to the race - I look forward to a vigorous campaign!
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 01:25:23 PM »

GIVE 'EM HELL LEINAD!!! (ENDORSED)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 03:05:44 PM »

Hell yes!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 12:38:09 AM »

You have been an asset to South and all of Atlasia. You will make a great president - endorsed! Smiley
I have not long known Senator Leinad. Thankfully, I have had a chance to.. commensurate with him at the Ranch. I hope that Atlas will give this fine man a shot at the brass ring. I am most happy to offer him my endorsement. Long may we serve under Leinad.
Endorsed. It's leadership like yours we'll need in the transitional period.
Endorsed (former IDS Speaker from forever ago).

Thank you all for your endorsements! Cheesy

Welcome to the race - I look forward to a vigorous campaign!

So do I, Truman!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 08:40:41 AM »

Just like Daniel tamed the Lions in the Lions Den. Leinad will tame Atlasia and Nyman for a better future.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 11:53:02 AM »

Wholeheartedly endorsed. I'm sure you'll do an amazing job as President Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 09:19:11 PM »

Wholeheartedly endorsed. I'm sure you'll do an amazing job as President Smiley

Thanks, Senator!

Just like Daniel tamed the Lions in the Lions Den. Leinad will tame Atlasia and Nyman for a better future.

Special Offer: I will interpret the dreams of anyone who votes for me! (...or not. Tongue)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 09:20:07 PM »

Leinad making an announcement in San Francisco, California.

Hello everyone! I have a special announcement to make.

I cannot embark on this journey alone. What we're going to do is special and monumental, and I need to surround myself with experienced leaders to help get the job done.

The person I'm about to introduce you all to has a wealth of experience, including executive and legislative experience at both the regional and federal level.

I'm proud to introduce the next Vice President of Atlasia...Lumine! Take it away, my friend!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 09:22:23 PM »

VP Acceptance Speech:

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming here.

It has been quite a while since my journey of this beloved nation of ours began. I have spent more than three years of working for Atlasia in various roles, doing my best to aid my fellow citizens in whatever ways I can. From writing newspapers and serving on the regional governments all the way up to a term in the White House, I’ve always had a drive for a challenge and a drive to achieve things. When I took the Presidential oath of office, I said that “to govern is to serve," and I have followed this rule for a long time. Having returned from a much needed rest from frontline politics, I have been glad to serve the Pacific Region in its final weeks with an active government, and now I take on another enormous and exciting challenge.

The next presidential term will be a term like no other. With our brand new constitution being put in place, along with a legislative reboot, there will be many obstacles on the road in front of us. As a nation, we must tackle the problems faced by everyday Atlasians. We must strive for efficient stewardship of the economy. We must reignite interest in foreign affairs. We must determine the nature of our government and set the course for the future. We now have a large, blank canvas, in which we will be able to draw, mark and set our future as a nation and as a community of players striving for the common good of this game.

This task must NOT be taken lightly nor be neglected.

I have known Leinad for a long time. As one of the newer, shining faces of the younger generation of Atlasians, he has shown again and again his commitment to responsible, efficient and creative government and governance. He has a record of activity and achievement and a drive and desire to serve the citizens of this nation. As someone who already has served in the highest office in the land, I can tell you, my friends, that Leinad would make one hell of a president. He has the record. He has the character. He has the ideas. And he has a team of committed supporters across party lines and ideologies that are prepared to work together to give this nation the government that it deserves. After four terms of Labor government in which administrations have often focused on survival rather than active and constant governance, the time has come for a change.

That is why I am happy to support Leinad, and why I am proud to accept his gracious offer to be his running mate.

A vice president ought to be a key advisor and supporter to the president. It should be someone ready to work loyally and tirelessly without overstepping his boundaries or falling into inactivity, and I know I will serve that role well. As president and as governor, I know how the White House and how governing as an executive needs to work. As the President Pro Tempore, senator and regional representative, I have a long record of experience in the inner workings of Congress and how legislative achievements are made. As a person with three years’ worth of experience and service in various initiatives, caucuses and news outlets, I have a firm grasp of our history, knowing both what worked well and what didn't.

With a challenging task ahead of us, I take this challenge with hope. Hope that under this banner and with this committed group of people from all sides supporting Leinad as president, we will able to offer to this nation a comprehensive plan of efficiency and activity in government, which is precisely what we need in order to move ahead and finally, finally cast away the shadow of a zombie Atlasia. The road ahead is long, but the enthusiasm is here, and we're ready to listen and lead.

So onwards we go, Leinad and Lumine to the White House!

Thank very much for your attention! Off on the campaign trail we go!

Lumine.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »

Lumine is an exceptionally qualified running mate. Double endorsed, just for good measure!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 09:35:05 PM »

There are few people more qualified to be Vice President than Lumine. He's a very sharp guy, and will do the job well. Double endorsed (if that's a thing).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 10:32:53 PM »

I've had the privilege of knowing Lumine for quite a while - he not only has the experience, but is also one with tremendous character. Very excited to vote for this rockstar ticket later this month! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies