Leinad/Lumine - Clear Leadership for the Future - Thanks!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:40:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Leinad/Lumine - Clear Leadership for the Future - Thanks!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Leinad/Lumine - Clear Leadership for the Future - Thanks!  (Read 6904 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 12:39:32 AM »

Winfield, we aren't making rape or sexual harassment legal. Aren't people that would do those things already predisposed to breaking the law and, therefore, likely to do it regardless of whether the law tells them which bathroom to use?

Let's look at it in this light.  You were born a male.  You think of yourself as a female.  However, you are in fact still, and may always be, anatomically a male.

Should you use the men's bathroom or should you use the women's bathroom?     

I think this is the fundamental disagreement here. You think that transgender folks are born their birth gender and "think" that they are the other gender. However, I don't believe this is necessarily the case.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2016, 01:14:03 AM »

Since I'm new, I'm still getting myself used to this. When is the election?
Anyway, I endorse Leinad!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2016, 01:27:30 AM »

Since I'm new, I'm still getting myself used to this. When is the election?
Anyway, I endorse Leinad!

The election will probably be next weekend: 24th-26th. Although the new Congress--which just convened for the first time--is yet to officially set the date.

Also, thanks! Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 01:22:47 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2016, 01:29:51 AM by Leinad »

The Leinad Criminal Justice Reform Plan:
Make Justice Just Again!

No President should be able to pass go without reforming our criminal justice system.

One of the biggest problems in Atlasia is our massive incarceration rate, a statistic that, per person, we lead the western world in. Not only does this impact millions of people, including breaking up families, but it costs the government a lot of money.

The job of the criminal justice system, and in many ways the government at large, is to keep people safe, and the best and most effective ways to do that involve an emphasis on rehabilitation over punishment and a focus on preventing real crimes.

The recidivism rates are too damn high! That signals that something is badly wrong. We need to incentivize prisons, both public and private, based on keeping recidivism rates down, instead of keeping incarceration rates high. This will put our prison system streets ahead in a single action.

If you elect me President, I will work with Congress to end the federal war on drugs. This does nothing but waste money--estimated at $50 billion annually--and put people in jail, without solving any of the problems. In fact, it creates the problem of fear: people are less likely to seek help if they're afraid of people calling the cops on them! Addiction and drug-related violence are major problems, but these problems can not be solved, and have not been solved, by government force.

Another thing we must do is eliminate the death penalty. The power to end a life--regardless of what that person has done--is far more power than anyone should be comfortable with government having. I approve of Senator Tmthforu94 and Representative NeverAgain for taking action on this and I plan to make it a reality.

And last but definitely not least, we must create a smarter police system. When I was South Governor, I worked with Speaker Haslam on the Criminal Justice Reform Act of 2016, a bill that heavily improved the police system, including establishing body cameras for police officers, protecting the right to peacefully protest, allowing people to record police situations and prosecuting officers who attempt to stop them from doing so, among other reforms. And one of the first bills I sponsored as Legislator was the Police Honesty Act, refined along with Darthebearnc, to keep police from lying to people.

If you elect me President, I will work with the regions and congress to enact serious change in our criminal justice system. We need a government, and a justice system. that works for the people, not against them!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 02:15:45 AM »

The voting booth for the Atlasian Presidential Election was just opened up, and I encourage you to vote for the ticket of myself, Leinad, and Former President Lumine!

Also, thanks to those who have already voted for this tremendous start!

Vote here!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2016, 09:39:09 PM »

LEINAD LUMINE

Conspiracy Theory Time.

I just noticed this. 

Is this some kind of subliminal message hidden deep within the Leinad Lumine campaign?

Is there something we should be aware of, or something we should be fearful of?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2016, 11:18:50 PM »

You guys are actually losing by a pretty large margin once the results are unskewed.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2016, 01:01:11 PM »

You guys are actually losing by a pretty large margin once the results are unskewed.

I know, the South is busy overrepresenting itself. We better slow down or else the ballots might explode with vigor and decisiveness.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2016, 01:31:15 PM »

I know, the South is busy overrepresenting itself. We better slow down or else the ballots might explode with vigor and decisiveness.

If you guys cast ballots enthusiastically enough down there, the mega-coattails will bleed into Fremont and the North and help Leinad there! VOTE
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2016, 01:35:14 PM »

If you guys cast ballots enthusiastically enough down there, the mega-coattails will bleed into Fremont and the North and help Leinad there! VOTE

No, once they cast enough ballots down there, the Leinad/Lumine quota will overload so some of the votes will automatically be transferred to Truman/Kalwejt. I recommend just not voting if you're a Fed.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2016, 01:42:36 PM »

No, once they cast enough ballots down there, the Leinad/Lumine quota will overload so some of the votes will automatically be transferred to Truman/Kalwejt. I recommend just not voting if you're a Fed.

You Laborites have it all wrong. The Leinad/Lumine ballots won't exceed the quota -- the pile will simply be so staggeringly high that they blow over into neighboring regions because of the wind, consequently pushing Leinad below the quota in his home region and boosting his numbers elsewhere! Beautiful.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2016, 07:04:57 AM »

I have never seen such nonsense discussed openly in all my life. Tongue

It is all fun an games until someone who doesn't realize you are joking votes based on that or doesn't vote. Tongue

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2016, 09:22:18 AM »

LEINAD LUMINE

Conspiracy Theory Time.

I just noticed this. 

Is this some kind of subliminal message hidden deep within the Leinad Lumine campaign?

Is there something we should be aware of, or something we should be fearful of?

None of this addresses the potentially earth shattering issue of conspiracy theories and this election.  Smiley
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2016, 09:59:25 AM »

ilLUMINEati confirmed
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2016, 04:45:27 PM »

Is it

LEINAD

Or is it actually

DANIEL

What does this all mean?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2016, 05:05:56 PM »

Is there a conspiracy in the campaign of
Leinad Lumine...
danieL Lumine...
daNiEl lumINe...
They're hiding it behind more conspiracies! What is the truth, Leinad?
All joking aside, congrats on becoming the projected President-elect! I was proud to give you my second preference.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »

Desperate last-second smear tactics by the opposition to try and bring down the mighty Leinad-Lumine. Sad!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2016, 05:31:10 PM »

Desperate last-second smear tactics by the opposition to try and bring down the mighty Leinad-Lumine. Sad!

Not true.

What we have done is to provide Leinad/Lumine (if that's really who they are) with priceless free publicity.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2016, 05:32:38 PM »

Standard Operating Procedure When Labor Destroys Country or Just Loses Election Version 5.21 (Original Version released: June 2013). 

Attack, Attack, Attack Tongue
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2016, 05:39:13 PM »

Leinad, Lumine, IF those are your real names, explain why
Federalist and Civic Renewal
is an anagram of
Few are civil and acne is let dr?
I need answers! Why did you not finish the word dry? I need answers!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2016, 05:41:43 PM »

is an anagram of

So you would ask y. Tongue
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2016, 05:47:08 PM »

is an anagram of

So you would ask y. Tongue
Okay, that was pretty clever. Tongue
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2016, 05:53:31 PM »

Standard Operating Procedure When Labor Destroys Country or Just Loses Election Version 5.21 (Original Version released: June 2013). 

But my friend, all I am trying to do is get to the bottom of these conspiracies, realizing at the same time that I am providing priceless publicity to the Leinad/Lumine ticket.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »

But my friend, all I am trying to do is get to the bottom of these conspiracies, realizing at the same time that I am providing priceless publicity to the Leinad/Lumine ticket.

I can link seven years of conspiracy both real and fake to take this all the way back to 2008, and a quote that will make one of your posts rather hilarious.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2016, 06:03:46 PM »

I can link seven years of conspiracy both real and fake to take this all the way back to 2008, and a quote that will make one of your posts rather hilarious.

Well, in the final analysis, hilarity is, after all, the desired effect of this entire conspiracy exercise.

Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies