State legislatures 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:52:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State legislatures 2016
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: State legislatures 2016  (Read 2035 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 11:51:46 AM »

There is a moderate chance that the Hawaii Senate will be completely made up of Democrats after the elections. Sam Slom is pretty vulnerable, apparently.

That would have to mark the first time in history a legislative chamber was controlled exclusively by one party, wouldn't it?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 12:17:31 PM »

There is a moderate chance that the Hawaii Senate will be completely made up of Democrats after the elections. Sam Slom is pretty vulnerable, apparently.

That would have to mark the first time in history a legislative chamber was controlled exclusively by one party, wouldn't it?
Not really, the south was entirely democrat for example.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 02:47:24 PM »

The IL Senate is currently 39D - 20R, and filing for post-primary slated candidates closed on May 31. There are only 8 Pub challengers to Dem seats, so it is mathematically safe D.

The IL House is currently 71D - 47R, and there are 29 Pubs challenging Dems. It's mathematically possible to flip, but very unlikely. I would rate it safe D as well.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 04:29:35 PM »

I'm still optimistic about the Michigan House. In 2012, we came four seats short of taking the chamber without the state party putting an inkling of effort into it (as they were busy focusing on the collective bargaining amendment) and yet we almost won.

This year, Donald Trump+Snyder's unpopularity+Flint Water Crisis might be the perfect storm needed to flip the chamber.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 07:27:30 PM »

I thought there was a chance he'll retire because of the bypass surgery,  and the fact he's 74 years old.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2016, 04:27:30 PM »

I can assure you that the CT legislature will not be flipping.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2016, 11:35:04 PM »

If it does, it'll be because a whole lot of "rural romps" (the folks you used to defend, now degrade ... Anything to be a hack!) are coming home to the Democrats.

Degrade??? I love rural folks. Look at the way Vermont and Elliott County vote, and you'll see why.

The seat in Nelson County is probably going to flip to the Democrats.

This may be the most Atlas post ever.

"I love the rural voters! In x state, they vote the way I would.(sane, normal, judge regions of people by ideology)"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies