A Motion for the Libertarian Party to Expel Philip
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:19:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Motion for the Libertarian Party to Expel Philip
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Motion for the Libertarian Party to Expel Philip  (Read 1049 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2005, 10:07:46 AM »

I make a formal motion that we expel A18/Ace/Philip from the Atlas Libertarian Party on the charge of flooding the board with accounts and offensive posts.  This motion will need to be seconded before we can have debate and then a vote.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 11:52:13 AM »

I've been semi-absent for a few days.  What has the little weirdo done this time?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 02:24:56 PM »

Um, what?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 02:40:13 PM »

They want to kick you out of the Libertarian Pary.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 02:43:53 PM »

Yeah, I meant the flooding the board nonsense.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 07:22:24 PM »

I agree, Governor CheeseWhiz. I was not initially aware that Philip was even in the Libertarian Party, but he's definitely not helping our reputation as a clear-headed group. Roll Eyes

So, can I count this as a second to my motion?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 07:23:05 PM »

I second the motion.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 05:48:55 AM »

nay, although he can say many things to get a reaction out of people, his activist approach certainly helps makes his voice heard and often says things in favor of liberty.  For example, the Farm Subsidy Reduction Act, he was the first one to have the cajones to say why not repeal subsidies altogether.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 10:56:49 AM »

nay, although he can say many things to get a reaction out of people, his activist approach certainly helps makes his voice heard and often says things in favor of liberty.  For example, the Farm Subsidy Reduction Act, he was the first one to have the cajones to say why not repeal subsidies altogether.

I know that Philip can have some very good points sometimes, but I feel the way he presents them makes everyone less open to our goals.  I also know his membership is holding back people from joining this Party.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 10:57:33 AM »

I agree, Governor CheeseWhiz. I was not initially aware that Philip was even in the Libertarian Party, but he's definitely not helping our reputation as a clear-headed group. Roll Eyes

Yes.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 12:11:14 PM »

Yes.

Then I hereby open debate.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 04:19:03 PM »

Whilst I'm obviously not a Libertarian Party member, I don't see especially what the problem is. Philip can certainly be annoying at times, but he is pretty clever and articulate, if viewing things a little too much in black and white for my taste.

Certainly I've found Philip much more subdued recently, and I see no reason to essentially attack him for what was no worse than other forum member's behaviour.s
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 04:35:56 PM »

Whilst I'm obviously not a Libertarian Party member, I don't see especially what the problem is. Philip can certainly be annoying at times, but he is pretty clever and articulate, if viewing things a little too much in black and white for my taste.

Certainly I've found Philip much more subdued recently, and I see no reason to essentially attack him for what was no worse than other forum member's behaviour.s

I know what you mean about him being much more subdued.  I wrote this long ago and at the time he was continuously attacking people.  But I couldn't introduce it until I had the bylaws passed, so I was thinking about retracting it until he did something trollish, but with himself seconding the motion, I'm guessing he wants to see how it goes.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 11:09:55 AM »

Any more debate, or should we vote on this?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies