Opinion of the destruction and annihilation of culture
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:13:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the destruction and annihilation of culture
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the destruction and annihilation of culture
FD&A

HD&A

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Opinion of the destruction and annihilation of culture  (Read 4480 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »

To be honest, my rather hardline views kind of developed in opposition to learning what some people think of in terms of "cultural Catholicism" or what it means to be Jewish here. It's frankly horrifying, and absolutely nothing like any person I've ever met in real life.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2017, 12:26:19 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2017, 12:29:19 AM by RINO Tom »

Isn't this what people complain about the suburbs?

As I've noted multiple times, this is the case primarily in stereotypically liberal white cities.

Are liberal White cities better than liberal non-White cities?  Trying to understand why I see the word White in front of liberal so much on this site ... they legitimately get spoken about (literally only by White liberals, of course) as if they are a special kinda of liberal, just because of the color of their skin.

You'll find no group talked about in such a way here.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2017, 12:32:47 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2017, 12:39:06 AM by Voter #652 »

Isn't this what people complain about the suburbs?

As I've noted multiple times, this is the case primarily in stereotypically liberal white cities.

Are liberal White cities better than liberal non-White cities?  Trying to understand why I see the word White in front of liberal so much on this site ... they legitimately get spoken about (literally only by White liberals, of course) as if they are a special kinda of liberal, just because of the color of their skin.

You'll find no group talked about in such a way here.

Well it's not like you can call most non-whites, especially in major cities non-cultural or not traditional....

Although as noted I do know Hmong people who are basically exactly the same sociologically as white scene people whose ancestors came to the country over a century ago.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2017, 01:25:46 AM »

Not that an individualist view of culture is, in-and-of-itself, in context, bad, but I'd like to offer that very few national traditions, and sense of independence, and collective identities around which people rally 'round to resist transnational tyranny, would have been destroyed had his view been adopted in the appropriate circumstances. It's honestly distressing to see BRTD glorify those same processes that, applied at the macro-level, resulted in the rise of various nationalist and totalitarian ideologies. Reminded of lines from a Niall Ferguson (spelling!?) book whereby he reminds us that Communist attempts to dissolve culture proved futile, and that 1991 represented not the end of history, but rather its resumption. God Help Us All. #RIP.

-Cathcon
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 05:28:21 AM »

Well if I needed any convincing that assimilation of whites into a general culture in the US and abandonment of the labels they were born with is a good thing, this weekend would've done it.

(For why, compare the reaction to this in the US to the attitudes in ethnostates in Europe. Americans are standing against this specifically BECAUSE of the destruction and annihilation of culutre, they no longer have a culture to "defend")

Rather it is in large part because cultural pluralism is central to a national narrative. 

There's a conservative argument against cultural pluralism, that a nation rightly belongs to or ought to be unified by a particular ethnoculture. And one belonging to a kind of liberalism that says national identity really consists mainly in recognizing it's the current year and certain cultures aren't getting with the program.  In European states there is generally the conservative argument, and especially in Western Europe there is the liberal one also - sometimes paradoxically in combination or with the liberal argument used as a more acceptable way of expressing the more conservative sentiment. And because these countries have a civic national identity which shares the same name as the ethnic identity, this is facilitated. In America you see similar arguments, but they are not quite as tenable to as many given historical experience.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies