HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:08:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'  (Read 3203 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2016, 02:31:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-sexism-woman-card-000000411.html

Do you really think this happened?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 02:36:27 PM »

I know it may be hard for white male tweens on the internet to accept (many of which I'm sure are frantically commenting on this story as I speak), but yes, sexism is real.

Also, insert obligatory reference to the henster ratio here.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 02:38:09 PM »

Why do you hate Hillary Clinton? You don't seem to place the anecdotes other candidates employ under similar scrutiny.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 02:52:22 PM »

Why is you so pressed?
yankeesfan
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:54:39 PM »

I know it may be hard for white male tweens on the internet to accept (many of which I'm sure are frantically commenting on this story as I speak), but yes, sexism is real.

Also, insert obligatory reference to the henster ratio here.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 02:54:56 PM »

She's playing the woman's card. This did either not happen or just one or two people said this.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 02:55:30 PM »

She's playing the woman's card. This did either not happen or just one or two people said this.

Okay, so can you prove these ridiculous allegations? I have no doubt in my mind that this happened.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 03:02:22 PM »

This is about as true as her dodging sniper fire
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 03:05:40 PM »

Pointing out sexism is not playing the woman card.

Is she just supposed to take this sh-t silently and not say anything?

I mean, this is the kind of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation that women have to confront in politics all the time. And to pretend that there's no issue here is a luxury that only comes with privilege.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 03:06:21 PM »

Yeah, I was just going to say that.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »

Yeah, I was just going to say that.

Prove it.

I know somebody personally that has outright said to me they would never vote for a woman to be president because of their mood swings. Anyone who believes these people don't exist is delusional.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 03:12:33 PM »

Okay, so can you prove these ridiculous allegations? I have no doubt in my mind that this happened.

The question is, in how many cases.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 03:12:58 PM »

Certainly it happened. Sexism is alive and well in our country. BTW that was a nice read.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 03:14:06 PM »

Are you for real?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 03:18:03 PM »

Sexism is alive and well, but I doubt anyone said that.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 03:20:14 PM »

Sexism is alive and well, but I doubt anyone said that.

I agree. Sexism exists and she's using (or should I say abusing) it to play the woman's card.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »

Females are used to this type of stuff. It's par for the course to have to deal with it, especially in politics. Hillary knows that many men are threatened by her intelligence, power and strength, that's just how it is.

Along with this Bernie "revolution" that he continues bantering on about, there also needs to be a revolution in consciousness towards the female role in society. And that is what will happen if Hillary becomes President. I believe that society as a whole will benefit by it because more females will be empowered to become all that they can be. It's a powerful inspiration that Hillary will be sending out, and I can't wait to see the day.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »

Anyone who wouldn't vote for a woman for president wouldn't admire and really like Hillary Clinton.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 03:31:40 PM »

Females are used to this type of stuff. It's par for the course to have to deal with it, especially in politics. Hillary knows that many men are threatened by her intelligence, power and strength, that's just how it is.

Along with this Bernie "revolution" that he continues bantering on about, there also needs to be a revolution in consciousness towards the female role in society. And that is what will happen if Hillary becomes President. I believe that society as a whole will benefit by it because more females will be empowered to become all that they can be. It's a powerful inspiration that Hillary will be sending out, and I can't wait to see the day.

Bahahaha.  And I say that as a Clinton supporter.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 03:41:02 PM »

This is like when some people thought Obama becoming President would solve the whole race thing.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 03:44:45 PM »

Are you for real?

He supports Trump. Sadly, I think he's completely real.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 03:53:01 PM »

I find it funny how many people get ticked when HRC "plays the woman card," but conversely have absolutely no problem with Trump playing "the man card." Double standards, much?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »

This is like when some people thought Obama becoming President would solve the whole race thing.

I believe in change that comes in increments. So no, I'm not believing that Hillary becoming President would solve the whole female thing, whatever that is.

What it would be is another step -- a very powerful and motivating step -- towards the evolution of society, to its betterment.

If you are not a female or a black male or female, you probably haven't a clue how it feels to be represented in society in a powerful way such as this.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 04:06:40 PM »

No doubt people have said this, and even more probably think it, but won't say it out loud. Electing Hillary Clinton will be a very symbolic victory, but it's naive to think that it will help a great deal with sexism in the long run. Just like many people were unreasonably harsh on Obama, with subtle implications with racism, many people will be very quick to criticize everything Hillary does, and it may show us that far more people are sexist than any of us would have ever believed.
mgop
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 04:15:48 PM »

stop lyin killary. people are really saying "i will vote for any woman just not hillary"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies