HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:49:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'  (Read 3194 times)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 04:16:58 PM »

I just rolled my eyes so hard I saw the back of my brain.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 04:19:20 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2016, 04:25:22 PM by realisticidealist »

Anyone who wouldn't vote for a woman for president wouldn't admire and really like Hillary Clinton.

^^^ I don't see what there is to like about Hillary other than her being a prominent woman politician. She has no notable accomplishments, the ideological consistency of a weathervane, more scandals than any politician should be able to get away with, and only seems to care about herself and furthering her ambitions. What's to like other than her gender?
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 04:46:27 PM »

Anyone who wouldn't vote for a woman for president wouldn't admire and really like Hillary Clinton.

Yeah.  And if Clinton had a better track record with honesty I might giver her the benefit of the doubt.   But she doesn't, so I won't.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 04:56:06 PM »

Funny, it seems like I've heard a lot of the opposite ("I want to vote for a woman, but I don't like HRC")
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 04:56:22 PM »

No doubt people have said this, and even more probably think it, but won't say it out loud. Electing Hillary Clinton will be a very symbolic victory, but it's naive to think that it will help a great deal with sexism in the long run. Just like many people were unreasonably harsh on Obama, with subtle implications with racism, many people will be very quick to criticize everything Hillary does, and it may show us that far more people are sexist than any of us would have ever believed.

I think the effects of an Obama Presidency will be felt for and in years to come. As I mentioned, change comes in increments. Society is huge and change takes a long time to transpire. But since each step builds upon the step before it, taking steps towards a goal is vital. Doesn't matter what you call a Hillary victory, what matters is the results, and basically they will be long-term results, not something we'll see every day, as our modern age with our instant gratification dictates.

A similar situation is with Obamacare. That will evolve over time, but right now it's just getting started. At least Obama got that off the ground, something that nobody else before him was able to do. Now comes the next step to make it better, and then the next step....

Change simply doesn't occur yesterday. But it does occur, and that's what I applaud.

Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 05:05:31 PM »

I think more people say the opposite.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »

^^^ I don't see what there is to like about Hillary other than her being a prominent woman politician. She has no notable accomplishments, the ideological consistency of a weathervane, more scandals than any politician should be able to get away with, and only seems to care about herself and furthering her ambitions. What's to like other than her gender?

I've done a lot of reading about Hillary over the years; I've been following her career ever since she was First Lady in the White House. What I'd say to you is that if you can't see anything to like about her then you haven't done any serious reading about her, just the he said she said accusations that you see in article blurbs and media soundbites on the Internet. Very shallow, that.

She has intelligence and depths of complexity that are quite awesome. She may not be a charismatic super media star like Trump or Bill Clinton or Obama, but what she is is a workaholic who puts her nose to the grindstone and goes at it. She's a very hard worker. She's better at behind the scenes situations than she is in front of the camera, but that's her. It's who she is. She has an incredible amount of political experience over Trump, she knows how to compromise and how to approach people in Congress, has traveled extensively around the world as First Lady and as Sec of State creating good will around the globe for the U.S. She is an advocate for children for most of her life and an advocate for women's equality.

If you read up on her you might find that she really is an admirable person who has done quite a few good deeds in her history. She might surprise you.

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2016, 05:09:36 PM »

I really want to vote for a female to be President, I just wish it could be someone other than Hillary Clinton.  :-/

Clinton excuses her poor campaign management on the fact that she is "not a natural politician."  It really makes me wonder why we couldn't field a candidate who does a good job of communicating with voters, rather than just choosing someone on the basis of their wealth and political influence.  Maybe in 2020?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »

I think more people say the opposite.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 06:28:19 PM »

I really want to vote for a female to be President, I just wish it could be someone other than Hillary Clinton.  :-/

Clinton excuses her poor campaign management on the fact that she is "not a natural politician."  It really makes me wonder why we couldn't field a candidate who does a good job of communicating with voters, rather than just choosing someone on the basis of their wealth and political influence.  Maybe in 2020?

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 06:36:05 PM »

Ebowed has picked up the slack for the hours when jfern is sleeping or is unable to log in.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 07:05:42 PM »

That's probably true for men generally, but there are millions of women who wouldn't vote for a female president, and some of them probably admire her.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 07:08:05 PM »

That's probably true for men generally, but there are millions of women who wouldn't vote for a female president, and some of them probably admire her.

Four years ago, when Michelle Bachmann was running in the Republican primaries, there were stories in the papers that quoted female Republican voters saying that women aren't fit to govern and that's why they were never going to vote for her.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 07:14:49 PM »

Pretty certain it did.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 07:15:59 PM »

Was there anything there?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 07:17:12 PM »

Was there anything there?

Besides, if you rolled your eyes to the point where you could see the inside of your head, wouldn't you see the front of your brain?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2016, 08:10:59 PM »

Four years ago, when Michelle Bachmann was running in the Republican primaries, there were stories in the papers that quoted female Republican voters saying that women aren't fit to govern and that's why they were never going to vote for her.

Yeah, no doubt Bachmann, Fiorina, etc., had it worse than Hillary in that regard.

It's hard to feel that sorry for them though, since they willingly chose to be Republicans.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2016, 08:13:19 PM »

Stop playing the victim card Hillary. It's not winning you any more votes.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2016, 08:14:52 PM »

A lot of people in this thread should seriously be ashamed of themselves.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2016, 08:16:18 PM »

I really want to vote for a female to be President, I just wish it could be someone other than Hillary Clinton.  :-/

Clinton excuses her poor campaign management on the fact that she is "not a natural politician."  It really makes me wonder why we couldn't field a candidate who does a good job of communicating with voters, rather than just choosing someone on the basis of their wealth and political influence.  Maybe in 2020?

To be sure, unlike others here, I don't doubt that people have said this to Clinton.  Women are told statements similar to this everyday, in every range of professions and situations.  It is insulting and degrading and we as a society should not tolerate it.

I have already expressed my view on this forum that the symbolism of electing a female President would be a positive thing.  However, this should not be conflated with choosing the best candidate to improve the living situations of Americans.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2016, 08:53:44 PM »

Here's the link to the actual article about Hillary in NYmag.com:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/hillary-clinton-candidacy.html

Very interesting read. Rather than complain about her all the time, try reading this article and understand a bit where she's coming from.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2016, 10:02:47 PM »

Name them then. I'm tired of people hiding behind anonymity and vague anecdotes. Give names to these people, shame them in the public eye. Because the sooner this happens, the sooner we can drop the notion that people that think Hillary Rodham Clinton is a poor choice to be President of the United States it's because they're automatically sexist.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2016, 10:06:38 PM »

This is about as true as her dodging sniper fire
It's amazing that the same red avatars that skewered Sarah Palin are now playing the gender card because: Crooked Hillary!

I'd gladly vote for a female Presidential candidate, if she a) wasn't a crook and b) wasn't a Democrat.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2016, 11:09:41 PM »

Name them then. I'm tired of people hiding behind anonymity and vague anecdotes. Give names to these people, shame them in the public eye. Because the sooner this happens, the sooner we can drop the notion that people that think Hillary Rodham Clinton is a poor choice to be President of the United States it's because they're automatically sexist.

I doubt she demanded names from the people who told her these things...
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2016, 11:18:41 PM »

Yeah, I call BS that someone, let alone multiple people, at a Hillary for president rally rope line said to hrc's face that they might not vote for her because she's a woman.

I'm sure millions of morons think like that, but nobody in that scenario said that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies