@PPPpolls News: Monthly North Carolina Poll Questions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:22:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  @PPPpolls News: Monthly North Carolina Poll Questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: @PPPpolls News: Monthly North Carolina Poll Questions  (Read 1451 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2016, 06:38:01 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2016, 11:16:41 AM by Sorenroy »

https://twitter.com/ppppolls

This is the header post and will just be used for information about what is going on in the world of polling organizations.

I have decided to start this thread because I find that Public Policy Polling is very engaged with their "community" and often interacts through taking poll suggestions and answering queries that people may have. To this end I have decided to dedicate a thread to following what is going on currently over on their pages (mostly so Atlas can sway what they do and ask). If anyone knows of active pollsters that engage their community, I would be happy to add them to here and keep up with what they are doing.

This is not a thread about the polls themselves, it is about keeping up with the current goings on of PPP. If it dies, then so be it.

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/743888607505678336
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/06/north-carolina-question-suggestions.html

PPP is going to be doing their monthly poll of NC over the weekend and is asking for question suggestions.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 06:40:04 PM »

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/731209026353176576

lol
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 06:40:46 PM »

I voted for Virginia. It should be better for them to delay polling Florida until the whole Rubio situation is made clear.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 06:44:49 PM »

This and would like to see some polls out of IA
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 06:46:36 PM »

Public Policy Trolling.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 06:47:49 PM »

Continuing on with the fact that the voting American public is ill informed we have this marvelous fact,
You must be logged in to read this quote.
(Not sure how he got this, but it was re-tweeted by @ppppolls, so I'm assuming it's true.)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 06:48:19 PM »

Voted for PA.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 06:50:28 PM »

Colorado or Iowa. We haven't seen a lot of polls from either of those states recently.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 07:36:00 PM »

That's why I love them.

Hopefully they include the Libertarians.
HillOfANight
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 07:39:32 PM »

PollsterPatrick of Monmouth replies to me occasionally.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/735612233405857792
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 02:39:46 PM »

What do you think the result will show?

Hillary up by 6 points maybe
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »

Continuing on with the fact that the voting American public is ill informed we have this marvelous fact,
(Not sure how he got this, but it was re-tweeted by @ppppolls, so I'm assuming it's true.)

It's games like this that undermines PPP's reputation as a pollster, you look like your organization is run by a bunch of partisan children. Of course huge portions of Romney voters would assume such a fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the 49 year old small-town mechanic isn't watching statistical data on stock market performance. I'm sure if you polled John Kerry's voters on a random fact about GWB's accomplishments they wouldn't buy it either, it's drilled into their heads.

Some of the questions are funny, some are poorly poorly made and could be pulled on some of the hyper liberals any day of the week.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 02:59:43 PM »

IIRC, I did get one of my suggestions into a PPP poll once (some 2018 scenarios in AZ). Let's see what happens with PA.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 03:01:34 PM »

It's games like this that undermines PPP's reputation as a pollster, you look like your organization is run by a bunch of partisan children. Of course huge portions of Romney voters would assume such a fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the 49 year old small-town mechanic isn't watching statistical data on stock market performance. I'm sure if you polled John Kerry's voters on a random fact about GWB's accomplishments they wouldn't buy it either, it's drilled into their heads.

Some of the questions are funny, some are poorly poorly made and could be pulled on some of the hyper liberals any day of the week.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that Republicans are dumb, it's more of the fact that people on both sides of the isle seem to be woefully uninformed when it comes to basic information. In one of their earlier polls they asked if vaccines cause autism and 28% of "Very Liberal" voters said yes (over 50% said yes or were unsure). It just frustrates me that people seem to not know basic facts, or when unsure decide to blame someone rather then to pick the "not sure" option. I think I would be less frustrated with Trump voters if 50% didn't say that Clinton was involved with Vince Foster's death, or with Democrats if a significant number of them believed in scientific condenses like "GMOs are safe to eat" or "nuclear power is better then burning fossil fuels".

Just imagine a world where arguments came from facts rather than that good old gut feeling for a second and we could argue about actual issues like how to deal with the economy, abortion, and climate change.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 03:26:20 PM »

I wasn't trying to insinuate that Republicans are dumb, it's more of the fact that people on both sides of the isle seem to be woefully uninformed when it comes to basic information. In one of their earlier polls they asked if vaccines cause autism and 28% of "Very Liberal" voters said yes (over 50% said yes or were unsure). It just frustrates me that people seem to not know basic facts, or when unsure decide to blame someone rather then to pick the "not sure" option. I think I would be less frustrated with Trump voters if 50% didn't say that Clinton was involved with Vince Foster's death, or with Democrats if a significant number of them believed in scientific condenses like "GMOs are safe to eat" or "nuclear power is better then burning fossil fuels".

Just imagine a world where arguments came from facts rather than that good old gut feeling for a second and we could argue about actual issues like how to deal with the economy, abortion, and climate change.

Respectfully agreed.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 04:47:39 PM »

There aren't any though.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 07:50:59 PM »

There aren't any though.

In fairness, GWB wasn't exactly the embodiment of an outstanding president but he was a leader, don't be so harsh on Dub'ya!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 07:57:47 PM »

Someone that posed a question didn't know who the Democrats had nominated for the Pennsylvania senate race.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 08:37:42 PM »

Someone that posed a question didn't know who the Democrats had nominated for the Pennsylvania senate race.

That entire comment was hilarious, but not intentionally hilarious.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »

Nevada badly needs polled--I've seen analysis both here and elsewhere based on polling data that's over half a year old.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 06:25:11 PM »

Updated because they are now taking Virginia questions.

I kind of want to suggest "Opinion of Virginia: FF or HP?"
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 11:17:48 AM »

bump for NC questions.

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/743888607505678336
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/06/north-carolina-question-suggestions.html
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »

Then the 49 year-old small town mechanic should do what previous generations of Americans were perfectly willing to do when asked such a question: state that they don't know. This definitely ties in with the more recent and intensified phenomenon of everyday rubes thinking that their opinions are facts and that they are better-equipped to understand complex problems than politicians and policy experts.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 12:19:30 PM »

Many middle aged "small town mechanics"  (geez ELITE, why don't you just say "rubes" Roll Eyes), have kids approaching college or try putting something away for retirement. Or at least may occassionally watch t6he news beyond Fox (which even will slip in the fact the market is going up)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies