Takei Decimates Trump Campaign with Football Analogy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:17:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Takei Decimates Trump Campaign with Football Analogy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Takei Decimates Trump Campaign with Football Analogy  (Read 1480 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »

From Takei's Facebook page:

"Say you’re on a football team, and your coach is retiring. You decide as a team to select a new coach. Along comes this guy who says he’s perfect for the job. “Have you coached football before?” one team member asks. “That doesn’t matter,” the man says “I’m going to be the best coach ever. We’re going to win. We’re going to win and win, because we’re champs.”

“That’s great,” you say. “But how? How are we going to win?”

“What do you mean how? You sound like a loser,” the wanna-be coach says. “I don’t want losers on my team. Why don’t you get out."

“I think he should stay. He’s allowed to ask how you’re going to coach us,” another teammate says.

“Shut up and let him talk,” says another. “I like this guy. He’s famous, give him respect.” Two of your teammates nod. Now you’re worried. This guy has them believing nonsense.

“Okay, you wanna know?” the man shouts. "Because I’m the best coach there is. I’ve been coaching baseball all my life, too. It’s a lot like football actually. Almost exactly like it. And we won lots of championships. The ladies love my players, too, because they love me. With me, you get to win. There’s no one better than me.” You look around and a few more of your team members are nodding. Are they hearing this guy?

But some team members remain skeptical. “I understand you coached baseball before, but actually, I hear you lost most of the time,” your friend says. "You got to coach baseball because your dad owned the team, but you still lost most of the time.”

“Who the heck are you? Do you even play football? What is it, Juan Carlos? You look like you play soccer, if you know what I mean.” Another team mate laughs. You don’t think it’s funny.

Juan looks at you. You decide not to say anything more. You don’t want any trouble.

“Look, don’t ask me how. The details don’t matter, because we’re going to win. The other teams suck. They’re a bunch of wimps and losers. And I’m the best coach there is, football, baseball, you name it. So how ‘bout it guys? Am I your new coach, or what?""
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 04:10:07 PM »

Nobody cares about the musings of this senile degenerate.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 04:10:55 PM »

Great ad hominem. Looks like the analogy hit home Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 04:27:16 PM »

Hahaha typical Trump supporter. They have nothing going for them beyond insulting others.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 04:35:31 PM »

Treasonous George Takei should have been deported in 1942, he has to go back. Bad!

You must be a nice person to hang around. I guess you're learning from your despicable and amoral candidate; or should I say he's giving you the grounds to finally express your vile views about others unlike yourself?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 04:35:58 PM »

Treasonous George Takei should have been deported in 1942, he has to go back. Bad!

Classy.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »

Everyone knows that I have an amazing relationship with the Japanese people. I have so many wonderful Japanese friends who call me and say "clash, you're doing a great job." I love the spirit of the Japanese people but when Japan sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing degeneracy. They’re bringing anime. They’re lolicons. And some, I assume, are good people.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »

BEEP BOOP. CUCK. BEEP BOOP BOOP. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. BEEP BEEP BOOP. WE'RE BUILDING A WALL. BEEP BOOP. NIMBLE NAVIGATOR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »

BEEP BOOP. CUCK. BEEP BOOP BOOP. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. BEEP BEEP BOOP. WE'RE BUILDING A WALL. BEEP BOOP. NIMBLE NAVIGATOR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR.

[Seal of Approval]
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 05:25:04 PM »

indeed, so why are you still posting?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 05:30:41 PM »

Takei would make a much better president than Trump.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 05:34:01 PM »

Takei would make a much better president than Trump.
Takei 2016: I'm George Takei, Dammit!
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 05:37:49 PM »

Who care
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 05:48:28 PM »

That was great.
He nailed it perfectly !
LOL.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 05:55:58 PM »

Absolutely disgraceful.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 06:08:18 PM »

Association fallacy at its finest.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 06:10:20 PM »

I couldn't care any less about Star Trek if I tried, but Takei's role on Howard Stern makes him an institution on which attacks will not be tolerated on.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 06:16:47 PM »

Absolutely disgraceful.

With trump around, it seems the bigots feel more comfortable coming out of their hole.
Should we be surprised ?
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 08:12:04 PM »

Everyone knows that I have an amazing relationship with the Japanese people. I have so many wonderful Japanese friends who call me and say "clash, you're doing a great job." I love the spirit of the Japanese people but when Japan sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing degeneracy. They’re bringing anime. They’re lolicons. And some, I assume, are good people.

Well at least we know it's satire now.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 12:02:22 AM »

I wish that were true, but Donald Trump received the votes of more than 11 million Republican primary voters.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 06:37:35 AM »

The most boring, tired satire imaginable. Every pro-Trump satire poster is the same boring thing.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 06:42:27 AM »

NBCNews should totally get TAKEI to sit next to Chuck Todd on election night and dramatically call states throughout the night:  "OhioHHHHH.... has been calledddd... for Hillary... Clin-ton."
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 08:03:00 AM »

The most boring, tired satire imaginable. Every pro-Trump satire poster is the same boring thing.

right-wingers in general are incapable of satire, so…
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 02:09:26 PM »

From Takei's Facebook page:

"Say you’re on a football team, and your coach is retiring. You decide as a team to select a new coach. Along comes this guy who says he’s perfect for the job. “Have you coached football before?” one team member asks. “That doesn’t matter,” the man says “I’m going to be the best coach ever. We’re going to win. We’re going to win and win, because we’re champs.”

“That’s great,” you say. “But how? How are we going to win?”

“What do you mean how? You sound like a loser,” the wanna-be coach says. “I don’t want losers on my team. Why don’t you get out."

“I think he should stay. He’s allowed to ask how you’re going to coach us,” another teammate says.

“Shut up and let him talk,” says another. “I like this guy. He’s famous, give him respect.” Two of your teammates nod. Now you’re worried. This guy has them believing nonsense.

“Okay, you wanna know?” the man shouts. "Because I’m the best coach there is. I’ve been coaching baseball all my life, too. It’s a lot like football actually. Almost exactly like it. And we won lots of championships. The ladies love my players, too, because they love me. With me, you get to win. There’s no one better than me.” You look around and a few more of your team members are nodding. Are they hearing this guy?

But some team members remain skeptical. “I understand you coached baseball before, but actually, I hear you lost most of the time,” your friend says. "You got to coach baseball because your dad owned the team, but you still lost most of the time.”

“Who the heck are you? Do you even play football? What is it, Juan Carlos? You look like you play soccer, if you know what I mean.” Another team mate laughs. You don’t think it’s funny.

Juan looks at you. You decide not to say anything more. You don’t want any trouble.

“Look, don’t ask me how. The details don’t matter, because we’re going to win. The other teams suck. They’re a bunch of wimps and losers. And I’m the best coach there is, football, baseball, you name it. So how ‘bout it guys? Am I your new coach, or what?""

Yes, but let's continue the analogy.

Another coach that's been around for a long time is interested in the job. That coach has been paying off referees and has been shown in the recent past not to be interested in playing by the rules, even after signing a document saying that she understood those rules and would be careful about abiding by those rules.

So you say, "What did she do? Why isn't she playing by the rules?" To which you hear the reply "Shut up, you're being stupid. Our coach has been coaching forever. Besides, we've never had a female coach, and it's about time we did. Consideration of any other coaches is completely unnecessary."

"But", you say, "the coaches that we've had officiating games recently, including this woman, they haven't been all that effective, and the sport has suffered as a result."

And you hear, "Please be quiet. You don't know what you're talking about. We love football."

It's always a bit more interesting when you hear the whole story...
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 02:58:55 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2016, 03:00:42 PM by muon2 »

It's a clever analogy but there's a real counter example. Joe Gibbs was a champion NFL coach (3 Super Bowls) who then said he wanted to run a NASCAR team. Guess what, he's won four Sprint Cups despite spending his prior career entirely in the sport of football, not stock car racing.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies