Takei Decimates Trump Campaign with Football Analogy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:54:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Takei Decimates Trump Campaign with Football Analogy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Takei Decimates Trump Campaign with Football Analogy  (Read 1479 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 04:31:54 PM »
« edited: June 02, 2016, 04:35:00 PM by Runeghost »

It's a clever analogy but there's a real counter example. Joe Gibbs was a champion NFL coach (3 Super Bowls) who then said he wanted to run a NASCAR team. Guess what, he's won four Sprint Cups despite spending his prior career entirely in the sport of football, not stock car racing.

When he started, did Gibbs decline to explain the details of his racing team to the participants, avoid questions about the subject, and respond to criticism with insults, bullying and racism?

Also, I don't follow racing much, but isn't there a difference between being a coach (as he was in football), with being an owner (as he was in NASCAR)? The equivalent position appears to be team manager or crew chief. (Was he his own manager / crew chief?)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 09:42:27 PM »

I'm sure George Takei is just crying himself to sleep over these powerful attacks from clash, a random Atlas Forum poster.

No wait, he's laughing himself to sleep on a pile of money, fame, and success and couldn't care less about Trumpites.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 02:18:07 AM »

It's a clever analogy but there's a real counter example. Joe Gibbs was a champion NFL coach (3 Super Bowls) who then said he wanted to run a NASCAR team. Guess what, he's won four Sprint Cups despite spending his prior career entirely in the sport of football, not stock car racing.

When he started, did Gibbs decline to explain the details of his racing team to the participants, avoid questions about the subject, and respond to criticism with insults, bullying and racism?

Also, I don't follow racing much, but isn't there a difference between being a coach (as he was in football), with being an owner (as he was in NASCAR)? The equivalent position appears to be team manager or crew chief. (Was he his own manager / crew chief?)
This.

Muon, you're one of the best posters around, but you really, really missed the point here.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 02:45:07 AM »

I don't really get how this analogy is any better than what has actually been unfolding over these past few months. Kind of pointless in my opinion.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies