Enduro for Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:28:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Enduro for Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Enduro for Senate  (Read 988 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 05:20:32 PM »

Will you be using your "do as little as possible" policy for all issues in the Senate? If so, what's the difference between electing you and electing a rock?

Although I would've phrased his statement differently (with the knowledge that politics is a sport like wrestling--except your opponent bends your words out of shape, instead of yourself), it's nothing more than a reiteration of the famous (yet misattributed by Thoreau) Jefferson quote: "the best government is that which governs least."

The concept of a decentralized and (at least federally) libertarian government is not a new one, nor a far-fetched one, nor, I'm sure, is it one you yourself are unfamiliar with.

While many will spin this as supporting government that is not active, it's my interpretation--which I believe anyone looking unbiased would agree with--that this is Enduro supporting government that is not actively stripping sovereignty from the regions and, ultimately, the individual (from which all government power--federal, regional, or otherwise--is derived). But one can be libertarian and pro-region and still be active in the Senate--just as many pro-centralization statists have been inactive in the Senate.

This isn't what Enduro said though- you're adding a lot to what he said-I'm sure even you (a leading libertarian in the party) believe that schools should be publicly funded, and that the Senate should consider action on domestic abuse, contraceptive rights etc.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 05:25:50 PM »

Will you be using your "do as little as possible" policy for all issues in the Senate? If so, what's the difference between electing you and electing a rock?

Although I would've phrased his statement differently (with the knowledge that politics is a sport like wrestling--except your opponent bends your words out of shape, instead of yourself), it's nothing more than a reiteration of the famous (yet misattributed by Thoreau) Jefferson quote: "the best government is that which governs least."

The concept of a decentralized and (at least federally) libertarian government is not a new one, nor a far-fetched one, nor, I'm sure, is it one you yourself are unfamiliar with.

While many will spin this as supporting government that is not active, it's my interpretation--which I believe anyone looking unbiased would agree with--that this is Enduro supporting government that is not actively stripping sovereignty from the regions and, ultimately, the individual (from which all government power--federal, regional, or otherwise--is derived). But one can be libertarian and pro-region and still be active in the Senate--just as many pro-centralization statists have been inactive in the Senate.

This isn't what Enduro said though- you're adding a lot to what he said-I'm sure even you (a leading libertarian in the party) believe that schools should be publicly funded, and that the Senate should consider action on domestic abuse, contraceptive rights etc.

Hey, know that I see you've even posted about the campaign, care to respond to my post on your thread?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 05:27:19 PM »

Hey, know that I see you've even posted about the campaign, care to respond to my post on your thread?

My press team only has one person we're responding now Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 02:57:31 AM »

What would you do to promote women's rights? I was just talking to constituents in Bedford, NH, and a women told me about how she had been raped, and then her health insurance wouldn't cover emergency contraception. What would you do as Senator to make sure women in the North have access to comprehensive contraception coverage?

That is pretty much impossible, considering Atlasia has had public healthcare in some form since 2009. For a long time as a single payer system, until it litterally imploded.  In its present iteration, Fritzcare as it is known exists as a market competing public option in all five of the region's exchanges. I cannot remember for sure if the NE opened its exchange to competitors (I think JoMCar and Sawx might have last year), but if it did, then all she needs to do is switch plans either to Fritzcare or another private plan that does. If they didn't, then this situation couldn't have happened because she would have had Fritzcare. It is also subsidized based on income with a sliding scale.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 01:05:32 PM »

Senator Blair has announced that he'd like to raise the minimum wage, and eliminate the sub-minimum wage. I too support ending the sub-minimum wage, I also support ending the minimum wage.

It is a terrible policy that doesn't help the economy at all. Businesses will not be able to afford a high minimum wage, which will lead to high unemployment rates, and workers being replaced by machines. Let's let wages be decided by the employers, and the workforce.

Let's try something besides government watching the economy, let's try freedom.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »

What is your opinion of SSM and would you endorse an amendment that bars discrimination based on sexual orientation. 
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2016, 05:47:34 PM by Enduro »

What is your opinion of SSM and would you endorse an amendment that bars discrimination based on sexual orientation.  

I wouldn't ban it, nor would I legislate opinions. Although, it really is an issue for the regions.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies