The lesser of two evils
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:31:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The lesser of two evils
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The lesser of two evils  (Read 5999 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 10:12:37 PM »
« edited: June 19, 2016, 07:53:46 AM by UWS »

Seventh Republican Presidential primary debate, January 8th 2020, Concord, New Hampshire

Participants : Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Scott Brown, Mike Pence, Ted Cruz, John Kasich

Moderator(s) : Chris Wallace, Megyn Kelly, Bret Baier

Economy

-Rubio : « Like we all agree with, economic growth requires energy independence and innovation. The CTA named me Innovation Policy Ninja, which is why I promote economic growth through innovation. We must use all our energies, oil, gas, nuclear, wind, solar energy and electrical energy. The Energy Information Administration reported that New Hampshire's energy consumption and per capita energy consumption are among the lowest in the country. We need to increase it if we want to create new jobs. New Hampshire represents a perfect example of this desire to develop the electric industry since the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant is the largest nuclear reactor in New England and provides about 30 % of New Hampshire's electricity. I have a plan to boost our electric industry as well as our nuclear industry. I support an expansion of the Quebec–New England Electric Power Transmission to create new American jobs and develop new electric technologies that will help us creating more jobs. I will also, as President of the United States, in the World Economic Forum in Davos (Switzerland) woo French investors with electric industry skills in order to help our electric and nuclear industries growing thanks to nuclear technologies adopted by France, one of our greatest partners and one of the greatest electric powers in the world. That way, not only new American jobs will be created, but more Americans will have access to electricity. »

-Ryan : « I agree that we must develop all of our energies, including renewable ones. Of course, it requires energy independence, which passes in part oil drilling and exploitation across our territory, including in ANWR. That will allow us to keep our status as the greatest oil producer in the world. After we launched oil drilling in ANWR, I will use its $200B in revenue for alternative energy, including electricity and nuclear for the good of our economy and our environment. »

-Brown : « I'm from a blue state, so I will be able to work with the Democrats. In this time of economic crisis, we all want, Republicans and Democrats, economic growth and job creation for all Americans. I support the idea of expanding the Quebec–New England Electric Power Transmission to create new American jobs and develop new electric technologies that will help us creating more jobs. This will be such a great deal between Republicans and Democrats that I'm sure my agenda in terms of renewable energy production will pass in the Congress because it will be good for both our economy and our environment. That's what we call bipartisanship and bipartisanship is a procedure that Hillary Clinton did not have the courage to follow unlike her husband Bill during his eight-year presidency. »

Gun control

-Ryan : « Senator Brown, how can you be a conservative pro-gun while opposing right-to-carry reciprocity and advocatting licenses and background checks as well as an extension of the state assault weapons ban? »

-Brown : « First of all mister Speaker, I'm effectively pro-gun. I support an extension of the state assault weapons ban, but not federal. We need to move forward on gun control in order to prevent terrorist attacks on our territory such as the ones in San Bernardino in 2015 and in Orlando in 2016. »

-Rubio : « Sacrificing a constitutional right is in violation of the Constitution of the United States of America, in violation of freedom and in violation of America's principles. Senator Brown, the right answer to such terrorist attacks like in San Bernardino and Orlando, in my home state of Florida, is not gun control but anti-terrorism crusade. The more of our efforts we will devote on War on Terror, the safer our country will be. »

Why should India be a member of the Trans-Pacific Partnership?

-Rubio : « India is a great friend and ally of ours. New Delhi is a very strategic ally for the United States. It represents a political, military and economic counterweight to China. This country can also work with us and with Pakistan and Afghanistan to lead an effective fight against terrorism and to keep Iran from getting a nuclear weapon because it's two goals that these countries have in common. India is the greatest democracy in the world in terms of population while globalization that brought democratization into countries previously oppressed by dictators is one of the greatest effects of free trade. It's a great free market nation that is sharing our values. Free trade with India will give Indian consumers a greater access to American products, which will be good for our economy. Florida’s $1 billion annual exports to India are a reason why trade ties with India’s large and growing market matter to Americans. America's ability to compete and innovate derives from its open markets and from the continual search for new markets through the expansion of free trade. As a consequence, India's integrating into TPP will boost our economy, create jobs. It's not only free trade, but also fair trade, because it will give India new American free-market technologies and skills to develop their markets and industries and create jobs for all Indians, whose some fellow citizens are living into poverty in a so great industrialized country. »

-Ryan : « India is very needed ally for the United States. It's a great and powerful country that could play a great role in stabilizing Afghanistan and stoping Iran's nuclear program. If and when China violates South China's sea territorial integrity by claiming its sovereignty on this region's islands, America and India will make diplomatic and economic sanctions against Beijing heavier because India is, as Senator Rubio said, a counterweight to China. India's markets have a great value just like American markets. Being competitive in such an economically dynamic region like India or East Asia requires developping trade ties with India to boost job creation through trade and innovation. That's why I voted YES on promoting TPP and as President, I will convince the Congress to vote YES on expanding it by integrating India into this free-trade agreement. »

Winners of the debate : Rubio (23 %), Ryan (18,2 %), Brown (16,2 %), Cruz (15,6 %), Kasich (13,9 %), Pence (13,1 %).

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 03:43:22 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2016, 11:40:38 PM by UWS »

January 13th, 2020

THE NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY

« Here are the results : Speaker Paul Ryan narrowly wins the New Hampshire primary in one of the most closest contests of the Granite State. »

New Hampshire

• Paul Ryan : 24 % (7 delegates)
  • Marco Rubio : 22 % (5 delegates)
  • Scott Brown : 21 % (4 delegates)
  • John Kasich : 16 % (3 delegates)
  • Ted Cruz : 12 % (2 delegates)
  • Mike Pence : 5 % (0 delegate)

JOHN KASICH SUSPENDS HIS BID

« Sadly, we didn't come at least third. Without great results, there's no path to victory for me. For this reason, I decided to end my presidential campaign. I have not endorsed any remaining candidate for our party's nomination, but I take the pledge that I will support the whoever will be able to bring our party together, lead us to victory and beat Hillary Clinton in order to bring prosperity and security back in America. »

Paul Ryan's victory speech

« Thank you New Hampshire! Thank you Mitt for campaigning for me here in the Granite State! New Hampshire has the reputation of electing presidents. We have won here, so it means that we will win the nomination, then the general election. »

Delegate count

• Paul Ryan : 14 delegates
  • Marco Rubio : 13 delegates
  • Ted Cruz : 7 delegates
  • Scott Brown : 5 delegates
  • Mike Pence : 4 delegates
  • John Kasich : 5 delegates
  • Rand Paul : 1 delegate

Delegates needed to win the nomination : 1218 delegates

Republican National Primary Poll - After New Hampshire

• Marco Rubio : 34 %
  • Paul Ryan : 28 %
  • Ted Cruz : 15 %
  • Scott Brown : 12 %
  • Mike Pence : 7 %
  • Undecided : 4 %
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 11:51:11 PM »

Quick question: You mentioned that Republicans won the Class 1 Senate seats in Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, and Indiana in this timeline. Who are the Senators? Also, if you don't mind, who are the governors in:
New Mexico
Colorado
Nevada
Arizona
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
Michigan
Ohio
Pennsylvania
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 09:05:35 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2016, 09:11:49 AM by UWS »

New Mexico : Senator Susana Martinez (R), Senator Tom Udall (D), Governor Alan Webber (D)
Colorado : Senator Michael Bennet (D), Senator Cory Gardner (R), Governor Walker Stapleton (R)
Nevada : Senator Catherine Cortez-Masto (D), Senator Dean Heller (R), Governor Brian Krolicki (R)
Arizona : Senator John McCain (R), Senator Jeff Flake (R), Governor Doug Ducey (R)
Minnesota : Senator Amy Klobuchar (D), Senator Priscilla Lord Faris (D), Governor Tim Walz (D)
Iowa : Senator Chuck grassley (R), Senator Joni Ernst (R), Governor Terry Branstad (R)
Wisconsin : Senator Russ Feingold (D), Senator Sean Duffy (R), Governor Scott Walker (R)
Michigan : Senator Debbie Stabenow (D), Senator Justin Amash (R), Governor Brian Calley (R)
Ohio : Senator Rob Portman (R), Senator John Kasich (R), Governor Josh Mandel (R)
Pennsylvania : Senator Bob Casey Jr. (D), Senator Pat Toomey (R), Governor Scott Wagner (D)

Class 1 Senate :

Montana : Senator Ryan Zinke (R)
North Dakota : Senator David Cramer (R)
Missouri : Senator Ann Wagner (R)
Indiana : Senator Todd Young (R)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 09:20:02 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 11:24:56 PM by UWS »

Eighth Republican Presidential primary debate, January 15th 2020, Greenville, South Carolina

Participants : Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Scott Brown, Mike Pence and Ted Cruz

Moderator(s) : John King

Conditions of a military intervention in Iran

-Rubio : « The Iranian is using the capitals earned from the lifting of our sanctions against Tehran in order to accelerate the development of their nuclear program. Iran is supporting Bachar el-Assad's dictatorial regime as well as the Hezbollah that is commiting terrorist attacks in the Middle East, including against Israel and Egypt. If Iran launches a nuclear missile against our allies, we will intercept this missile thanks to our navy and will destroy it. If we ever have to send boots on the Iranian soil, we won't be alone : our allies (Turkey, Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India) will be very helpful for our war effort. But if we intervene militarily in Iran alongside our allies, the best solution is to use our warplanes to destroy Iranian nuclear central to stop their nuclear military program. Then, if Iran rebuilds its nuclear centrals, it will be under one condition : using these centrals in order to produce electricity, not nuclear weapons; for economic interests, not military interests. »

-Ryan : « No solution, including military intervention in Iraq, should be put out of the table. Like Marco said, we have many allies surrounding Iran that will be helpful in such a military campaign. If we take Tehran quickly during such a military offensive, Iran will quickly surrender. This strategy can succeed if we overwhelm northern Iran since the Caspian Sea with the U.S. Navy. »

-Brown : « Mr. Speaker, you seem to have forgotten that the Caspian Sea is bordered by Russia. Russia will never allow us to float on its waters. »

What kind of military intervention in Afghanistan?

-Rubio : « This administration withdrew our troops at the wrong time, increasing the terrorist threat. We need to send some troops to fight Al Qaida and ISIS in Afghanistan. Airstrikes are also necessary to destroy terrorist bases and get them out of their hide outs. Thanks to India's and Pakistan's military power and support, we will defeat terrorism in this region. »

-Brown : « By surrounding the Taliban, Al Qaida and ISIS in the Afghanistan-Pakistan borders with our troops and our allies' troops, terrorists will be doomed. To ensure Afghanistan's stability, we need to give more military training for Afghan troops and arm the Afghan army. With American weapons, the Afghan army will be more likely to ensure this country's stability. »

Should Turkey be a member of the European Union?

-Rubio : « With its geographical position, Turkey is a strategic ally in the War on Terror. Thanks to its missiles, Turkey is able to quickly destroy any nuclear missile that would be launched by Iran against our allies. If Turkey integrates the European Union, Muslims who are living on the European continent could be proud to be represented in the European Union thanks to the Turkey's membership. It could calm tensions between European Christians and European Muslims. »

-Pence : « I agree that Turkey is a key partner to the United States in the War on Terror. But an Islamic nation that does not share the European values and that is led by an oppressive government is not worth to belong to the European Union. »

Veterans

-Brown : « I'm myself a military veteran, so I understand the veterans' problems. I take the pledge to take care of our veterans in order to share their sufferance as one of them. »

-Rubio : « My older brother Mario is a military veteran and he represents to me an example of the living conditions of our veterans. I have a clear record on improving our veterans lives. I supported a bill that passed into law. This law empowered the United States Department of Veterans Affairs in order to care more about vets than bureaucrats. I am proud of our veterans' service for our country, for our liberty and our security. So I can promise you that our future military veterans will have access to the same services as the current veterans do. »

Military arsenal innovation

-Rubio : « In this time of growing international threats, we need to increase defense spending to counter these threats. But we also have to improve our military. We can do it by balancing the budget, which requires tax cuts, job creation, free market policies as well as research and innovation supporting. Many military universities here in South Carolina partnered to ensure military arsenal improvement by research and innovation. That way, once the budget balanced, we can use the budget surplus to innovate our military arsenal, making our military much more powerful, our ennemies much more weaker and the world much more safer. »

-Ryan : « I have a great experience in handling the budget. With a great economic team in my administration, we will be able to create jobs with free market policies, thus balancing the budget, which will allow us to invest in the innovation of our military arsenal and equipment. That will make us more capable to ensure our security, to defend our allies and to defeat our ennemies. »

Winners of the debate : Rubio (27,6 %), Ryan (20,7 %), Pence (17,7 %), Cruz (17,7 %), Brown (16,2 %).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 10:19:22 AM »

Very good writing - keep it up! Smiley
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 07:57:30 AM »

New endorsements for the Republican presidential primaries, 2020 - January 2020

Marco Rubio

• South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham

Paul Ryan

• Former Speaker of the House John Boehner of Ohio
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2016, 08:14:51 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2016, 11:45:35 PM by UWS »

January 24th, 2020

THE SOUTH CAROLINA PRIMARY

« Now we can project that Marco Rubio wins the South Carolina primary. »

South Carolina
  • Marco Rubio : 36% (44 delegates)
  • Paul Ryan : 22 % (4 delegates)
  • Ted Cruz : 20 % (0 delegate)
  • Scott Brown : 14 % (0 delegate)
  • Mike Pence : 8 % (0 delegate)

TED CRUZ ENDS HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN

« Even though we spent all of our efforts on South Carolina, we did not earn victory here. Democracy has spoken and the American people has spoken. Without success in the First in the South primary, our chances to win the nomination have decreased. Under these conditions, I suspend my campaign and give my endorsement to Marco Rubio, the only candidate that will bring us together and lead us to victory to defend the American people's values. »

Delegate count

• Marco Rubio : 57 delegates
  • Paul Ryan : 18 delegates
  • Scott Brown : 5 delegates
  • Mike Pence : 4 delegates

Republican National Primary Poll - After South Carolina

• Marco Rubio : 39 %
  • Paul Ryan : 29 %
  • Scott Brown : 16 %
  • Mike Pence : 11 %
  • Undecided : 5 %

Republican Primary Poll - North Carolina

• Marco Rubio : 35 %
  • Paul Ryan : 32 %
  • Mike Pence : 15 %
  • Undecided : 2 %

« By winning both Iowa and South Carolina, Senator Rubio sounds likely to win the nomination since there every Republican nominee in modern history, except for Mitt Romney in 2012, won two of the first three contests (Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina). But the race is not over and we must not count its chickens before they are hatched. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2016, 02:43:56 PM by UWS »

January 27th, 2020

THE NORTH CAROLINA PRIMARY

« We can project that Marco Rubio won the North Carolina primary. »

North Carolina
  • Marco Rubio : 40 % (30 delegates)
  • Paul Ryan : 30 % (21 delegates)
  • Mike Pence : 16 % (11 delegates)
  • Scott Brown : 14 % (9 delegates)

Delegate count

• Marco Rubio : 87 delegates
  • Paul Ryan : 39 delegates
  • Mike Pence : 15 delegates
  • Scott Brown : 14 delegates

Republican Primary Poll - Maine

• Scott Brown : 36 %
  • Marco Rubio : 25 %
  • Paul Ryan : 23 %
  • Mike Pence : 15 %
  • Undecided : 1 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2016, 09:33:29 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2016, 10:32:14 PM by UWS »

Ninth Republican Presidential primary debate, January 29th 2020, Las Vegas, Nevada

Participants : Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Scott Brown and Mike Pence
Moderator(s) : Anderson Cooper

As the nominee, what will your message at the next Republican National Convention here in Las Vegas?

-Rubio : « Well, first of all Anderson, it's good to be back here again in Las Vegas, the town where I grew up for a part of my childhood. My message will be that Las Vegas is a great example of the diversity of America. We are now a diverse party and I am myself an example of this and we need diversity to defeat President Clinton. We need to work together, whether or not we agree on everything, in order to win this election and bring this country back on track with a conservative agenda that will bring prosperity, security, liberty and justice back here in America. My message will be that This agenda will make sure the American Dream will be restored and that America will remain the hope of the Earth in this time of international economic stagnation and growing international threats (terrorism or oppressive regimes). »

-Ryan : « In my message, I will paint myself as an example of the definition of the government as a problem to our fiscal and economic problems since I handled the budget for 20 years, in addition of having been Mitt Romney's running mate and of being now the Speaker of the House of Representatives. We can't afford to keep dividing our party, if not some of our supporters will stay home instead of voting in November. This requires the nomination of a true conservative who stands on it's values. This is bringing the party together, which will help us bringing the country together. »

American Dream

-Rubio : « As a son of immigrants,  I'm a great defender of the American Dream. I was raised paycheck to paycheck, but our family was socially successful thanks to a father who was a bartender and a mother who was a housekeeper. Now we need to demonstrate America's status of the land of opportunity, diversity and justice by opening our doors to immigrants. Some of them are running away from danger, oppression, depression, etc. We must give them school choice, that way they can open to themselves more opportunities and find a good paying job. That way, their children will have the chance to be more successful than their parents in the land of opportunity. »

Regulation/National Debt

-Rubio : « Regulation is not a solution, but a problem. Regulation on U.S. businesses will reinforce offshoring, which will lead to more job losses. That's absolutely the last thing we need. We don't fix the economy by making rich people poorer but by making poor people richer, which requires free market policies, tax cuts job creation and new business opening. The harder you work, the more your earn and the more you can fulfill your needs. »

-Ryan : « I handled the budget for many years. I know where to cut and where to invest in order to fix the economy. »

Ukraine

-Rubio : « We must show our solidarity with our allies, including Ukraine. We need to arm the Ukrainian troops and bring them military training. Russia is training and arming the pro-Russian rebellion, well Ukrainian troops will be able to defeat this insurgency and to defend their country with American military knowledge and weapons. Turkey's geographical position in proximity with Ukraine as well as a deployment of our fleet and our allies' fleets, we can surround the pro-Russian insurgents occupying Crimea. Then, it willbe more easy to free Crimea and give it back to Ukraine. By the way, if we increase diplomatic and economic sanctions against the Second USSR, it will devalue Russian gas, which will make Ukraine more independent from Russian gas and orientate to American gas that will be less expansive and will make Ukraine richer thanks to a partnership with a friendlier nation like ours. »

-Brown : « Not only we must arm and train the Ukrainian army, but we also must establish a no-fly zone there. That will make us able to intervene militarily in Ukraine, but strikes will be from the air. Our powerful air forces will crush the pro-Russian insurgency, thus clearing the way to Ukrainian troops that will finish the job and free their country from Russia once and for all. »

Winners of the debate : Rubio (39,4 %), Ryan (22,5 %), Brown (21,2 %), Pence (16,9 %).
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2016, 10:58:11 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2016, 07:08:23 PM by UWS »

January 31st, 2020

THE MAINE CAUCUSES

« We can make a projection : former Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown is the winner of the Maine caucuses. »

Maine

• Scott Brown : 40 % (11 delegates)
  • Paul Ryan : 27 % (5 delegates)
  • Marco Rubio : 22 % (4 delegates)
  • Mike Pence : 11 % (2 delegates)

Delegate count

• Marco Rubio : 91 delegates
  • Paul Ryan : 44 delegates
  • Scott Brown : 25 delegates
  • Mike Pence : 17 delegates

Scott Brown's victory speech

« With this victory, we have relaunched this race. Time has come for a three-man race, which will make this race more interesting. We'll also make this agenda more interesting with our agenda. We're going to win! »

Republican Primary Poll - Minnesota

• Paul Ryan : 32 %
  • Marco Rubio : 30 %
  • Scott Brown : 21 %
  • Mike Pence : 17 %

Republican Primary Poll - Colorado

• Marco Rubio : 34 %
  • Paul Ryan : 31 %
  • Mike Pence : 25 %
  • Scott Brown : 15 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2016, 11:20:36 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2016, 06:26:36 AM by UWS »

February 3rd, 2020

THE COLORADO AND MINNESOTA CAUCUSES

« Marco Rubio wins the Colorado caucuses with a margin of 12 points over Paul Ryan. He's also the winner in Minnesota. »

Colorado

• Marco Rubio : 39 % (18 delegates)
  • Paul Ryan : 27 % (8 delegates)
  • Mike Pence : 20 % (6 delegates)
  • Scott Brown : 14 % (3 delegates)

Minnesota

• Marco Rubio : 35 % (14 delegates)
  • Paul Ryan : 31 % (11 delegates)
  • Mike Pence : 18 % (6 delegates)
  • Scott Brown : 16 % (3 delegates)

Delegate count

• Marco Rubio : 123 delegates
  • Paul Ryan : 63 delegates
  • Scott Brown : 31 delegates
  • Mike Pence : 29 delegates

Republican Primary Poll - Nevada

• Marco Rubio : 47 %
  • Paul Ryan : 26 %
  • Mike Pence : 11 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2016, 11:30:26 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2016, 11:32:12 PM by UWS »

February 6th, 2020

THE NEVADA CAUCUSES

« Senator Rubio, who spent a part of his childhood in Las Vegas, wins the Nevada caucuses, beating Paul Ryan by 28 points. »

Nevada

• Marco Rubio : 51 % (20 delegates)
  • Paul Ryan : 23 % (4 delegates)
  • Mike Pence : 10 % (2 delegates)

Delegate count

• Marco Rubio : 143 delegates
  • Paul Ryan : 67 delegates
  • Scott Brown : 34 delegates
  • Mike Pence : 31 delegates

Republican Primary Poll - Michigan

• Paul Ryan : 38 %
  • Marco Rubio : 32 %
  • Scott Brown : 17 %
  • Mike Pence : 13 %

Republican Primary Poll - Wyoming

• Paul Ryan : 41 %
  • Marco Rubio : 33 %
  • Mike Pence : 17 %
  • Scott Brown : 9 %
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2016, 11:30:53 PM »

Great job! Cheesy Here's a map of the results so far if you'd like one:

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2016, 11:36:09 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2016, 06:30:04 AM by UWS »

February 24th, 2020

THE MICHIGAN PRIMARY AND THE WYOMING CAUCUSES

« Speaker Ryan has won both the Michigan primary and the Wyoming caucuses, thus reinforcing his status as Marco Rubio's main opponent for the Republican nomination. »

Michigan

• Paul Ryan : 37 % (26 delegates)
  • Marco Rubio : 29 % (18 delegates)
  • Scott Brown : 17 % (7 delegates)
  • Mike Pence : 17 % (7 delegates)

Wyoming

• Paul Ryan : 43 % (12 delegates)
  • Marco Rubio : 32 % (8 delegates)
  • Mike Pence : 19 % (5 delegates)
  • Scott Brown : 6 % (2 delegates)

MIKE PENCE DROPS OUT

« I thank all our Republicans and our fellow Americans that have supported me! But we are uselessly divising our party while not advancing enough. Getting our country back on track requires party unity in order to beat Hillary Clinton. For this reason, I'm dropping out and I support Speaker Paul Ryan. »

Delegate count

• Marco Rubio : 169 delegates
  • Paul Ryan : 105 delegates
  • Scott Brown : 43 delegates
  • Mike Pence : 43 delegates

Republican Primary Poll - Some Super Tuesday contests

Florida

• Marco Rubio : 53 %
  • Paul Ryan : 26 %
  • Scott Brown : 21 %

Texas

• Marco Rubio : 46 %
  • Paul Ryan : 37 %

Virginia

• Marco Rubio : 42 %
  • Paul Ryan : 34 %
  • Scott Brown : 24 %

Oklahoma

• Paul Ryan : 39 %
  • Marco Rubio : 36 %
  • Undecided : 8 %

Tennessee

• Paul Ryan : 43 %
  • Marco Rubio : 37 %
  • Scott Brown : 20 %

Massachusetts

• Scott Brown : 37 %
  • Paul Ryan : 30 %
  • Marco Rubio : 24 %
  • Undecided : 9 %

New endorsements for the Republican presidential primaries, 2020 - February 2020

Marco Rubio

• Arizona Senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee John McCain
  • Former Vice-President of the United States Dick Cheney
  • Former Arkansas Governor and 2008 Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee

Paul Ryan

• Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions

Scott Brown

• Former New York Mayor and 2008 Presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani
  • Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2016, 11:58:52 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2016, 03:28:23 PM by UWS »

Republican Presidential primary debate, February 25th 2020, Tampa, Florida

Participants : Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan and Scott Brown
Moderator(s) : Charles Gibson

Cuba

-Rubio : « For too long, Cuba, the land of my ancestors, is under oppression. The 2018 Cuban elections were stolen from the Cuban people, which led to a new communist regime. We need to reverse that by increasing economic and diplomatic sanctions if we want to make sure that Cuba earns a democratic government, because that's the Cuban people's will. By promoting free trade with Latin America, we will create a globalization effect, which will enforce a democratic spirit in Cuba and determine the Cuban people to finally free itself from oppression. That way, Cubans will stop getting emprisoned for their political opinions, they will have free elections, they will finally prosper with free market policies. That's the way we will have real relations with Cuba. »

Latin America

-Rubio : « Latin America is a great partner for us. We have great trade ties and I will reinforce them as President by supporting free trade with Latin America. Many actual Latin American governements are embracing this path. This will grow our economy as well as theirs, but also reinforce our relationships. Colombia is still threatened by a marxist guerilla led by the FARC that was funded and supported by the Chavez regime in Venezuela. The FARC are killing or holding hostage innocent people to fund their criminal activities in addition of trying to block passage through the Panama Canal. The United States of America and Latin America need to work together to fight the FARC to save innocent lives that didn't deserve to be lost and to secure the Panama Canal in order to keep open for trade for our economic interests and for Latin America's economic interests. »

-Ryan : « Latin America represents great opportunities for the United States. By embracing free trade with Latin America, we will balance China's trade power, making our status as the first economic power in the world uncontested. It will also reinforce democracy in Latin America. If the Panama Canal passage is blocked, it's bad for our economy, because it will keep us from exporting in this region. So we need to collaborate with Panamanian and Colombian governments to reinforce security in Panama Canal and force the FARC to surrender once and for all without any compromise. »

Puerto Rico as the 51st U.S. state?

-Rubio : « As a son of Cuban immigrants, I perfectly understand Puerto Rico's struggles. Many Puerto Ricans are living paycheck to paycheck and their debt is getting higher and higher. Many Puerto Ricans are immigrating here in America to live a better life. By becoming the 51st U.S. state, Puerto Rico will have access to the same opportunities as everyday Americans. Puerto Ricans will have permanent education by school choice and will be able to prosper thanks to free market policies and governement will stand on their way anymore. »

-Brown : « If we want Puerto Rico to become the 51st state, Puerto Ricans absolutely need to learn English, if not they won't be able to get new opportunities. »

-Ryan : « I don't agree with you Senator Brown. We are diverse nation and actually English is spoken in Puerto Rico for more than a century. Opprtunities must be open for all Americans, not matter their beliefs, no matter their language speaking. »

Hezbollah/Iran/Israel

-Rubio : « Five years ago, I supported sanctions on Hezbollah, which made this terrorist organization less capable of threatening Israel by supporting Palestinian extremists, of helping militarily the Assad regime in Syria and of helping Iran in getting nuclear weapon. Just like Iran, Hezbollah is threatening freedom of religion by threatening Israel, a Jewish nation. With Mossad's collaboration, we'll be able to discover any conspiration fomented by Hezbollah against us and our allies, making our foes in the Middle East weaker and making this region safer than it was ever before. »

-Ryan : « By intervening militarily in Syria, we'll have the occasion of fighting Hezbollah on their territory. As President, I will not remain silent about it and declare Hezbollah as a terrorist group. I will not allow Hezbollah to threat freedom of religion and democracy. »

-Brown : « We need a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that is ongoing since more than seven decades, which requires a new independent Palestinian state. Almost every nation in the world is supporting such a procedurein order to promote peace in the region. But my opponents are attacking for promoting peace in the Middle East. »

-Rubio : « That's not the right track for such a problem. A so called two-state solution will get Israeli, our greatest ally in the Middle East, closer to the deep. Peace will be restored in this region if Palestinians accept peace by fraternity. In fact, Israelis and Palestinians are, someway, brothers. Christianity (one of Palestine's religions) exists because of Judaism (Israel's religion) and because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice. So I'm sure that fraternity will bring peace and end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict once and for all. »

Taiwan

-Rubio : « Taiwan, a free market and democratic island in the West of the Pacific Ocean, is facing the oppression of a China, led by a communist oppressive regime. Beijing threatened to invade Taiwan if this island declares independence from China. Such a scenario will create much more instability in the Pacific. We need to increase military exercises in the region if we want to be able to handle such a crisis. We can't allow China to invade anyone, including Taiwan. Every solution should remain on the table. If Taiwan declares independence, we can prevent a Chineese invasion by arming the Taiwan army with American weapons and reinforcing our military presence in the region. That way, Taiwan will be able to defend itself against China and to protect its freedom. I'm sure it will force China to make step backward in his territorial claims in the South China Sea. »

-Brown : « I'm supportive in such a plan and I will adopt it as President. I believe that such a scenario, which implicates the victory and birth of a new democratic nation in the South China Sea will lead to Taiwan's membership in the TPP. It will also force China's communist government to reconsider being less repressive toward its people, thus promoting more civil rights for the Chineese people. That way, we can have real good relations with China. »

Winners of the debate : Rubio (44,4 %), Ryan (31,4 %), Brown (24,2 %).
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 08:52:02 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2016, 06:34:09 AM by UWS »

March 3rd, 2020

SUPER TUESDAY

« Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Enjoy an intensive competition for the Super Tuesday night between Senator Marco Rubio, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and former Senator Scott Brown! »

« For Marco Rubio, we can project the following states. »

Alaska

• Marco Rubio : 45 % (14 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 36 % (8 delegates)
    • Scott Brown : 19 % (4 delegates)

Arkansas

• Marco Rubio : 50 % (30 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 34 % (5 delegates)

Florida

• Marco Rubio : 59 % (98 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 23 % (0 delegate)
    • Scott Brown : 18 % (0 delegate)

Georgia

• Marco Rubio : 47 % (57 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 34 % (17 delegates)
    • Scott Brown : 19 % (0 delegate)

Idaho

• Marco Rubio : 55 % (32 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 31 % (0 delegate)
    • Scott Brown : 14 % (0 delegate)

North Dakota

• Marco Rubio : 47 % (17 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 35 % (8 delegates)
    • Scott Brown : 18 % (3 delegates)

Oklahoma

• Marco Rubio : 43 % (21 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 39 % (16 delegates)
    • Scott Brown : 18 % (4 delegates)

Texas

• Marco Rubio : 54 % (130 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 31 % (23 delegates)
    • Scott Brown : 15 % (0 delegate)

Virginia

• Marco Rubio : 45 % (49 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 33 % (0 delegate)
    • Scott Brown : 22 % (0 delegate)

« For Paul Ryan, we can project the following contests. »

Tennessee

• Paul Ryan : 46 % (34 delegates)
    • Marco Rubio : 34 % (17 delegates)
    • Scott Brown : 20 % (5 delegates)

« For Scott Brown, we can project the following primaries. »

Massachusetts

• Scott Brown : 46 % (21 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 28 % (10 delegates)
    • Marco Rubio : 26 % (10 delegates)

Vermont

• Scott Brown : 46 % (7 delegates)
    • Marco Rubio : 33 % (5 delegates)
    • Paul Ryan : 21 % (4 delegates)

Marco Rubio's speech

« Keep it up my friends, we're getting closer to the nomination and closer to a historic and victorious day! »

Paul Ryan's speech

« Together, we're going to win the nomination! »

Scott Brown's speech

« We're going to the Washington state! This contest will be decisive for our campaign. »

Delegate count

• Marco Rubio : 649 delegates
    • Paul Ryan : 230 delegates
    • Scott Brown : 90 delegates

[/list]
    Sir Mohamed
    MohamedChalid
    Atlas Star
    United States

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 09:10:41 AM »

Very well written! But I would write Ryan in a different color than yellow, you can hardly read it.
    Kingpoleon
    Atlas Star
    United States

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 01:01:15 PM »

Brown/Sandoval 2020!

What's Brown current elected position? For that matter, what's Sandoval's?
    UWS
    Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2016, 02:20:55 PM »

In this scenario, Scott Brown is a former Massachusetts Senator and Brian Sandoval is Nevada Senator.
    UWS
    Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
    « Edited: June 20, 2016, 06:59:08 PM by UWS »

Final Republican Presidential primary debate, March 4th 2020, Columbus, Ohio

Participants : Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan and Scott Brown
    Moderator(s) : Bret Baier

Free Trade

-Rubio : « We need to be a pro-growth party. Growth requires competition that will grow our companies' capacity to produce, innovate and hire. Exports are a tool to job creation, but Senator Brown voted NO on International Trade Council to promote exports. It will keep us from creating jobs, getting our country to prosperity and improving our relations with our allies. »

-Brown : « Trade is free when its fair. We must protect workers' interests. Our agrarian workers risk to be unfavored to get the advantage in free trade since Asia's agrarian products have a greater value than ours. »

-Ryan : « By innovating our agricultural industry and technologies, we'll be able to compete with Asia when it comes to agriculture. It will boost agrarian production here in America and make our them less expansive. So our agrarian workers can take the advantage in free trade. You still took the wrong track. »

Abu Sayyaf, a threat in the Pacific Ocean

-Rubio : « Abu Sayyaf is a threat that must be exterminated. This terrorist group is killing innocent Christians, helding tourists hostage to fund their terrorist activities, put in danger our local economic and political interests and is trying to rip appart one of our most strategic geopolitical allies in South China Sea, the Philippines. We must reinforce our military presence towards the Philippines if we want to defeat Abu Sayyaf. The U.S. Navy will bomb djihadists fighting for Abu Sayyaf and our warplanes from our aircraft carriers will locate targets and destroy them, thus helping the Filipino government to eradicate Abu Sayyaf and restore security and peace on its territory. »

-Ryan : « Abu Sayyaf is bringing instability in the Pacific Ocean. If it is not destroyed, this terrorist organization could use the Philippines as a springboard to commit terrorist attacks against us and our allies. That's why we must use our military forces to fight and eliminate Abu Sayyaf if we want to restore security in the Pacific Ocean and save innocent lives. »

Winners of the debate : Rubio (47,5 %), Ryan (31,1 %), Brown (21,3 %).
    UWS
    Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2016, 07:07:50 PM »
    « Edited: June 20, 2016, 07:32:33 PM by UWS »

March 7th, 2020

THE LOUISIANA AND WASHINGTON CAUCUSES

« Marco Rubio sweeps the Louisiana caucuses and the Washington state caucuses. »

Louisiana

• Marco Rubio : 49 % (30 delegates)
      • Paul Ryan : 35 % (16 delegates)
      • Scott Brown : 16 % (0 delegate)

Washington

• Marco Rubio : 55 % (31 delegates)
      • Paul Ryan : 30 % (12 delegates)
      • Scott Brown : 15 % (0 delegate)

SCOTT BROWN EXITS THE RACE

« I've always put my country's interests first. I demonstrate it tonight by understanding that getting this country on the right direction requires party unity. By working together, we'll make America prosperous, powerful and safe again. So I'm putting America's interests first by suspending my candidacy and by endorsing Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States of America. »

Delegate count

• Marco Rubio : 710 delegates
      • Paul Ryan : 258 delegates

New endorsements for the Republican presidential primaries, 2020 - March 2020

Marco Rubio

• Ohio Senator, 2016 Republican presidential candidate and 2020 Republican presidential candidate John Kasich
      • Former Senate Majority Leader, 1976 Republican vice-presidential nominee and 1996 Republican presidential nominee Bob Dole
      • Pennsylvania Senator Pat Toomey

Paul Ryan

• Former Kansas Governor Sam Brownback
      [/list]
      UWS
      Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2016, 07:21:14 PM »
      « Edited: June 20, 2016, 07:37:49 PM by UWS »

March 10th, 2020

SUPER TUESDAY II

« We can project that Marco Rubio wins the Ohio primary and the caucuses in Hawaii and in the American Samoa while Paul Ryan wins the Mississippi primary. »

Ohio

• Marco Rubio : 59 % (65 delegates)
        • Paul Ryan : 41 % (0 delegate)

Hawaii

• Marco Rubio : 64 % (19 delegates)
        • Paul Ryan : 36 % (0 delegate)

American Samoa

• Marco Rubio : 81 % (9 delegates)
        • Paul Ryan : 19 % (0 delegate)

Mississippi

• Paul Ryan : 56 % (23 delegates)
        • Marco Rubio : 44 % (15 delegates)

Delegate count

• Marco Rubio : 818 delegates
        • Paul Ryan : 281 delegates

[/list]
        UWS
        Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2016, 07:40:16 PM »
        « Edited: June 20, 2016, 07:49:21 PM by UWS »

March 14th, 2020

THE KANSAS CAUCUSES AND THE CAUCUSES IN GUAM, THE NORTHERN MARIANAS AND THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS

« The Kansas caucuses will be won by Paul Ryan, but Marco Rubio strengths his position as the frontrunner by triumphing in the caucuses in Guam, the Northern Marianas and the U.S. Virgin Islands. »

Kansas

• Paul Ryan : 55 % (23 delegates)
          • Marco Rubio : 45 % (17 delegates)

Guam

• Marco Rubio : 78 % (9 delegates)
          • Paul Ryan : 22 % (0 delegate)

Northern Marianas

• Marco Rubio : 85 % (9 delegates)
          • Paul Ryan : 15 % (0 delegate)

U.S. Virgin Islands

• Marco Rubio : 84 % (9 delegates)
          • Paul Ryan : 16 % (0 delegate)